Better Call Saul

Jmerc

Kim's childhood turns out to be Jimmy's future.

I wonder what they do with this business proposition. I mean it does make sense for both of them. Hopefully they start to make Mike and Jimmy's story intertwine more now, sometimes it feels a little disjointed.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, what I've noticed (and perhaps it being the only flaw in Gilligan/Gould's character development) is that almost each episode either leans far too much on Mike's storyline, or Jimmy's.

Also, since Jimmy mentioned the Salamanca's threatening him to Mike, I'm pretty sure whatever may unravel will bring the two together.

Personally I don't find the narrative unbalance to be much of a flaw. I like that they're giving both narratives breathing room and the opportunity to develop on their own. Eventually the two will fully converge and I think, because the way the show is being structured, it will be quite satisfying.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so glad he made it through last night's episode. I fully expected that last night would be the last time we see Chuck in an active role (I thought he would either be committed and sent away or flat out die). Michael McKean has given us such a wonderful performance that at the time I was rather selfishly hoping he was going to make it pretty much unscathed because I wanted more McKean. That turned out to be relatively true except now we have man who is more diabolical than ever. I'm super excited to see where the story takes us next season.

Yeah, it's pretty amazing how they've developed McKean's character into somebody who is legitimately not onlya better con than Jimmy, but potentially one with a more morally shaken compass (if not one broken via resentment) than his brother's.

The only difference is that Chuck doesn't break or bend the law to sabotage his brother. He works within the boundaries, but through worse actions (let's be honest, Jimmy would never want for Chuck to go to jail).

Also, the "DON'T" note on the front of the vehicle. UMMM, Gus Fring returning in S3???

The ending of this episode was pretty predictable, this season has been very slow paced imo.

I personally think Gilligan and Gould wanted to turn Jimmy into Saul this season (or much quicker anyway), after the ending scene of S1, but then reeled back.

I personally think Season 1 was better, but S3 cannot afford to be slow paced AT ALL.

The ending of this episode was pretty predictable, this season has been very slow paced imo.

I personally think Gilligan and Gould wanted to turn Jimmy into Saul this season (or much quicker anyway), after the ending scene of S1, but then reeled back.

I personally think Season 1 was better, but S3 cannot afford to be slow paced AT ALL.

Yeah man i hope you're right about S3

• 6 months later...

Ok so I finally went back and finished season 2!

Awesome stuff, really love it when Jimmy started bringing in the coloured suits, very "Saul" like.

Can't wait for season 3! When does that start?

Archived