Word of Warning...

xirtamehtsitahw

The hacked-moveset theory was false, it seems. The true cause of most in-match game freezes is if the roster is too large (ergo, over 50 active wrestlers, including divas and CAWs) AND more than two CAWs participate in a match involving more than four wrestlers total.

A second possibility is if the AI's reversal-frequency rate is maxed out, and you pull off a win streak of about 5 or so matches, the game will start freezing upon you earning your finisher icon (or possibly immediately after or DURING your finisher animation). It's at its worst when you get swerved (AI opponent or his/her impromptu manager attacks you during your pre-match entrance). If you manage to last long enough to earn your finisher...and the AI didn't get to land theirs, they'll throw a silent tantrum by freezing the game! Seems the AI hates it when being cheap doesn't get the job done.

Has anyone else noticed a rather odd glitch involving Edge (and possibly others)? The glitch is where he interferes in a match, and is therefore equipped with a finisher. As his finisher requires me to be grounded, he simply turns me around and around, over and over again, and at a rate where I could do nothing to escape. Meanwhile, my actual opponent, Batista, simply stood idly by, probably laughing his arse off at this sudden "turn of events".

In other words, the AI finally discovered a way to endlessly stall out a match to prevent me from winning. This goes to prove the old adage "the AI doesn't care if it doesn't win, so long as you don't, either."

The simple solution: I restarted the match, and defeated Batista as quickly as possible (to prevent a reoccurrence of the above).

Not sure if this "revolving door" glitch affects any other wrestlers without standing finishers. Anybody have any ideas?

If it is because Edge didn't have a standing finisher, I can always simply equip him with one of his older finishers (say, the Edgecution, or the Edge-o-Matic).

UPDATE: Seeing as how everyone else is ignoring this post, I have to keep adding to it (to avoid double-posting).

Anyway, I can say I've discovered something really cool: mirrored/"left-handed" moves! To change a move to its mirrored/left-handed equivalent, simply add endian 8000 to the move value (all moves are in endian format, meaning that the larger byte comes last--so endian 8000 looks like 00 80).

This works on EVERYTHING--grapples, strikes, taunts, even ring entry/exit animations...and chain grapple start animations! Heck, even grapple/strike REVERSALS can be mirrored!

• 2 weeks later...

Truth is, I might be grasping at straws. I've been trying to track down why SvR 11 keeps freezing, seemingly at random, for constantly changing reasons. It's as if the game keeps changing the "rules" which cause it to freeze, so you can never pin down exactly what causes it to freeze.

Not too long ago (after this thread was posted), I was fighting against Chris Jericho as a 99-overall wrestler. Whattayaknow? The game FROZE when I started getting the upper hand.

This made me perform a complete overhaul of my CAW, turning him from Mewtwo into Mew, and going from the highest weight class...to the LOWEST--that's right, Mew is only a cruiserweight, but that is rather fitting, considering how small the guy is in the actual Pokemon games.

Mew retains his BMI from the Pokemon games, as he is exactly four times as tall, and 16 times as heavy as a "normal" Mew.

He also has 24 different--and very powerful--moves you cannot normally assign to a character in their chain-grapple (or even groggy grapple) moveset. On top of that, his standing and strong strikes have been "hacked", and his running grapple has, also.

Mew's favorite taglines:

"Fear me, not the reaper."

"If Chris Jericho is the man of 1,004 holds, then I am the Pokemon of 1,004 Chris Jerichos."

• 3 weeks later...

It was the way you worded your rather terse response to my post that made me think "troll".

And, BTW, I have a condition called Asperger Syndrome, which is on the Autism spectrum, in that I am often socially inept, and can sometimes become offended by remarks which were not meant to be offensive. I tend to take everything literally, as I have a very analytical and logic-driven mindset. Think Spock from Star Trek, only also burdened with sometimes hard-to-control emotions.

I didn't post info suggesting that the game freezes when I'm about to win for my health. I didn't make it up. There are actually articles confirming this sort of bizarre AI behavior on TVTropes.org.

Look up the TVTropes article titled "The Computer is a Cheating Bastard (WWE Games)".

You'll find a bunch of examples of unfair AI behavior apparently designed to mask its sheer stupidity.

One of the taglines in the article is this:

"Sometimes the game will freeze when you're winning. The game will FREEZE. When you're winning. It seems as if you're not allowed to win at times." (This is likely not the exact wording, but you get the gist of it).

Archived