Remember when... Sports Edition

DOPE

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember Landon Donovan and the greatest goal in US World Cup history. Ian Darke yelling "GO GO USA" is something i will never ever forget. Such a important goal, that team in 2010 wasn't too great. That match was hard to watch because they couldn't get anything going and on that counter it looked like they were going to score until he shot it right at the goalie and there was Donovan to clean it up and win the group.

I don't remember that game with Algeria.

I do remember their match with England and how God awful England were. I thought 2010's England team were an eyesore until they proved me wrong last year. Go go, England. :lol:

But the game in the middle with Slovenia. Oh boy. 2-2. And they scored a legit goal that was overruled for God knows what reason. And to this day we still don't know cause when the U.S. questioned the referee as to why he disallowed, he never said.

Remember when Tim Duncan, Allen Iverson, Kobe Bryant, and Vince Carter use to run shit?

And TMac. There was a little while where he was in legitimate contention to be considered one of the best offensive players ever.

Remember when Tim Duncan, Allen Iverson, Kobe Bryant, and Vince Carter use to run shit?

And TMac. There was a little while where he was in legitimate contention to be considered one of the best offensive players ever.

Throw in Dirk, Nash, Jason Kidd, Yao Ming, KG and Chris Webber among others and those years had perhaps the best overall talent to date.

Yeah, even Reggie Miller, David Robinson, Michael Jordan, and Stockton and Malone were still playing for the better part of the first half of that decade. Even then though the West was much stronger than the East, people even used to say that the Wester conference finals were the true finals.

KG never sat on the bench at all in Minnesota, thats how lol. And I disagree about him being better than all those other players but yeah he was hella good.

Prime KG was putting up 24/14/5 with 2 blocks and 1.5 steals. Elite offense with elite defense, I don't know anyone else apart from MJ, Hakeem and Bron Bron who gave that.

• 1 month later...

Do y'all remember when the Blazers had Sheed and Pip?

Yeah, I remember how the Lakers beat them in game 7. If that hadn't hadppened who knows what the NBA would be like today. Pippen probably would have gone on to win the finals without Jordan, Shaq and Kobe would have one less ring.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Yeah - that was when I stopped watching F1, as I was bored of seeing the same bloke win every race.

Me too, shame because I missed Alonso in 05 and 06. Started watching again in 2007 mainly because of Hamilton (who I liked then)

Remember Ayrton Senna's amazing drive in the wet at Donnington in 93? Sixth to first in one lap.

Remember when "Solskjaer won it".

Remember when the Raiders were in LA and actually good?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived