Alex Shelley lists "little known facts" about MCMG

JDavis

So Alex Shelley took to twitter and in honor of MCMG being on tv last night(missed it like most tna stuff now days), he put some little known MCMG facts from their run in TNA

(I copied and pasted with a few edits to get rid of @ symbols,so these are pretty mich direct quotes)

-We had a tryout match as a team in April 2007. We were told by one of the bookers after that we just didn't have "it" as a team.

-Bob Backlund rules.

-We were originally going to have a feud with Road Dogg and Billy Gunn. I wish that had happened. They still taught us a lot.

-One of our shirts is a direct rip off of an MC5 logo. And we absolutely loved it

-I am pretty certain that our horrible entrance music was punishment. 2008 was a year of reprimanding.

-We almost put our hair up in Arena Mexico. We almost went on tour with Dragon Gate.

-We were THEE FIRST guys to deliver super kicks to a kneeling opponent. And we stole the move from Dick Togo and Gedo.

-At one point, we were going to also feud with Sting, who, again, was a gentleman and big supporter of ours.

-Eric Bischoff wanted us as champions. Vince Russo wanted to break us up. Hence, 2010.

-We tried for 8 months to get The Young Bucks to TNA. We finally did, and they got contracts 2 minutes after the match.

-The man who assembled the Machine Guns? Ikuto Hidaka one of the most underrated wrestlers ever.

-We LOVED working for @njpw1972 and wanted Devitt and Taguchi to come to the States so bad.

-The reason, partially, we were made a team was a match at Lockdown 2007. We decided to work as a team because why not?

-We were Shark Boy's favorite opponents for a second. Mostly because we loved Dean Baldwin HWA matches.

-We were sponsored by Made In Detroit. I designed our costumes and jackets. Sabin picked colors.

-The company jumped over my dog tag idea. I had been doing it for awhile beforehand. All our gear was patterned after motocross pant

-Originally, we weren't supposed to be in the TNA video game. Or Sabin was and I probably wasn't. I was a trouble maker.

-We were the Murder City Machine Guns, after Muder City Devils. Then we had to change it.

-Our original music was a direct rip off of a Detroit punk/hardcore band called Bang Bang who played with Adam Tatro at some shows. I saw them live and found the song on their MySpace. They broke up. We lost the music because of a "legal letter". I use it on indies now.

-We saw the through the legs suicide dive in a three way, but thought it would be a sweet combination. You can run and dive fearlessly.

-Skull and Bones was directly lifted from Ikuto Hidaka and Minoru Fujita.

-We always felt like hell after wrestling the Briscoe Brothers. I never wrestled the Steiners, but I imagine that's what it's like. Kinda.

-That said, Mark and jay briscoe rule.

-And the MTV Made episode was so tedious to film. I am shy anyway. But man, everything was so scripted.

-The cool part was helping Chris, the kid we mentored. He was awesome. But come on. Don't try to get me to be mean to him for no reason.

-Wrestling is hard enough without being yelled at. Anyway, I have never and will never watch the episode.

-Even back then, Jeff Jarrett wanted international wrestling showcased. This was in 2008. That's how I know he cares about njpw

-I should note that even though Vince Russo wanted us broken up, I don't hate dude. Bookers haveta write something, right? His decision.

-I should also note that our feud with 3D did one thing really well: teach us how to do some sweet ass ladder and table matches.

-I REALLY want to do a TLC match in njpw with KUSHIDA one day.

-Oh, also! When Amazing Red returned to TNA in 2009, his original partner wasn't supposed to be Suicide. It was Paul London.

-And we were supposed to do a program defending the IWGP Jr. Tag Titles against them. Or at least, it was suggested.

-Dutch was the genius behind the unmasking Suicide angle. Legit some of the most fun I have had, and he was an absolute pleasure.

-Finally, and maybe sadly, Sabin and I haven't had a chance to team in years, nor is it scheduled. Hopefully soon.

I second the statement that Shelley seems like a super cool dude. I knew about the Murder City Machine Guns name and them having to change it but everything else is new. Also glad to see he's open to teaming with Sabin. I remember when Sabin was released from TNA he made a series of tweets (Presumably directed to the fans wanting MCMG and not Sabin or anyone directly) that he loved his time as MCMG, but that time has passed and he's focused on Timesplitters now.

Archived