Anyone else give up on Career Mode?

J-man89

I played until the part where i won the rumble but i just can't play it anymore. Its so boring, the main problem is the difficulty is on easy or at least normal and all my matches are ridiculously easy to win. I played until i unlocked almost everything but that was really my only motivation, eventually i just unlocked everything with the accelerator cause i couldn't play through the entire career mode.

Did they seriously think players would enjoy playing this mode on easy difficulty? The only thing i play now is universe mode on legendary, granted its not the hardest difficulty in the world but i still lose every once in a while and have great matches. Career Mode though, man its like they designed it for 5 year olds who need their hand held while playing through it.

I probably would've stuck with it longer if we could adjust sliders and difficulty, but it's just no fun with a nearly maxed out superstar still being asked to do squash dark matches every week. Plus, I accidentally shut off the invasion angle thinking it meant my career guy would use up a caw space and invade my universe. NO WAY I'm starting over just to see my friends' crappy caws invade my career, but it might have kept my attention for a second or two longer if I'd started off that way.

I love it but I dont understand why they make it seem like its 15 years. They should have made it 5 to 6 years with storylines every month or atleast when you reach Smackdown.

I played until the part where i won the rumble but i just can't play it anymore. Its so boring, the main problem is the difficulty is on easy or at least normal and all my matches are ridiculously easy to win. I played until i unlocked almost everything but that was really my only motivation, eventually i just unlocked everything with the accelerator cause i couldn't play through the entire career mode.

Did they seriously think players would enjoy playing this mode on easy difficulty? The only thing i play now is universe mode on legendary, granted its not the hardest difficulty in the world but i still lose every once in a while and have great matches. Career Mode though, man its like they designed it for 5 year olds who need their hand held while playing through it.

My main problem was they treat the player like a 5 year old who has never seen a wrestling match. Honestly why do they think fans buy wrestling games because we are fans of WRESTLING and thats why we buy. It was stupid starting career mode and we have to buy moves because we are supposed tonot know sod all about wrestling?

Just a insult really of course we bloody know how a match goes and many of us have been watching for at least 5 years. I refuse to put the volume on career mode because Demott comes across as a arrogant asshole the way they talk to the player and thats not even how it is in real life. Wrestlers in training camps dont just get constantly slagged off by the trainer the way he acts.

I don't think I can really take it. I have Regal to unlock and still nothing. I won all my matches so far and I am about to go to Smackdown soon. I might just give it up and buy the accelerator. This is my second career mind you. It's all just a grind.

Isnt their a trophy for completing career mode?

I haven't given up on Career Mode, but.. it's a chore playing the mode. But for it's first inclusion? It's not bad, it could and should have been better, which I'm expecting it will be in 2K16.

I'd love it if they had tons of new CAW Mode items to be unlocked next year, as in hair, clothing etc. Obviously have those already unlocked in the main CAW Mode but, it'd give the player motivation to unlock those through the mode, etc.

Also, give us freedom to end our Career whenever we want FFS! Being forced to retire after winning the WWE World Heavyweight Championship was a retarded decision from 2K, I wanted to defend it as many times as I wanted, but they dropped the ball with that.

And finally, give us selectable voices for our CAWs, with a tone option. Like we had in Saints Row Games. Like, if I wanted to sound like a chipmunk or a deep voice? I can do that. Just make MyCareer Mode enjoyable next year and give players motivation to replay the mode.

Career mode should be enjoyable by 2K17. It took Universe a while to get good.

I'll be a grown ass man by then smh. Ain't no one got time for that.

Whats wrong with that? Doesnt mean you wont enjoy games any less.

I loved Turtles in Time as a kid and over 2 decades later when they remade it still loved it.

Career mode should be enjoyable by 2K17. It took Universe a while to get good.

I'll be a grown ass man by then smh. Ain't no one got time for that.

Whats wrong with that? Doesnt mean you wont enjoy games any less.

I loved Turtles in Time as a kid and over 2 decades later when they remade it still loved it.

It's a joke dude. Basically saying we make excuses for THQ/2k every year.

"OH GIVE IT A YEAR OR TWO".

It's just so bad. The Shield storyline lasted a whole 3 weeks, and at the same PPV I beats Reigns in a couple minutes, he went on to beat Orton(I think) for the WWE Title... Then I ended Bryan's streak, and he went on to beat Cesaro for the title that night... Then I beat Orton for the World Title, and he beat Cena for the WWE title... Then I was on Team Orton vs Team Cena, and Cena beat Orton for the title that night. Only storylines I've had that wasn't against the guy who won the title the same night was Regal and the legendary tag team one. Plus shit like one tune-up match a month between storylines, beating Brock Lesnar on a random episode of Smackdown, etc... Finally got to Raw and unlocked Neville, so *Censored* playing anymore. Thought it was decent at least until I got to Smackdown, but it's the worst career mode I've ever played.

It's just so bad. The Shield storyline lasted a whole 3 weeks, and at the same PPV I beats Reigns in a couple minutes, he went on to beat Orton(I think) for the WWE Title... Then I ended Bryan's streak, and he went on to beat Cesaro for the title that night... Then I beat Orton for the World Title, and he beat Cena for the WWE title... Then I was on Team Orton vs Team Cena, and Cena beat Orton for the title that night. Only storylines I've had that wasn't against the guy who won the title the same night was Regal and the legendary tag team one. Plus shit like one tune-up match a month between storylines, beating Brock Lesnar on a random episode of Smackdown, etc... Finally got to Raw and unlocked Neville, so *Censored* playing anymore. Thought it was decent at least until I got to Smackdown, but it's the worst career mode I've ever played.

I know svr 2009 career mode gets criticised by fans for being repetitive that you fight 5 guys get a title match defend the belt then move on to the next section but even I found that more enjoyable than 2K's version.

2K needs to give Career Mode a story like they've been doing with NBA 2K's MyCareer. A previous wrestling game has already pulled off an awesome story. Smackdown vs Raw 2010's Road to Wrestlemania mode where you used your own CAW was really good and I thoroughly enjoyed that mode. If 2K could puil that off but extend it make MyCareer last more than just a year, then that would be perfect.

WWE 2K16 MyCareer Mode Idea:

1. Debut on NXT after WrestleMania

2. Spend a few months there to gain experience, become NXT Tag Team and NXT Champion

3. Given the choice to debut on either SmackDown! or Raw

4. Feud with mid carders, compete for the IC, Tag and US Championships

5. Feud with main eventers and compete for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship

6. Give us the choice to retire, or keep competing forever

That's just a rough script, but you get the idea. They should also include Divas as well, why should Diva creators suffer? I'm not one of them, but make it even. Oh, and allow us to select ingame Superstars too. We can do this at the moment, but only as a Superstar Edit. I hate wasting a CAW slot for that.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived