WWE 2K15 Sales Update

iamthedoctor

Sales for WWE 2K15 are said to be ahead of what WWE 2K14 was selling for at this point last year.

Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Quite sad really how a game lacking so many features made more sales than a better game last year but I guess releasing it on 4 different sales has helped them.

It is shocking to hear that

WWE 2K14 had its share of problems, glitches bugs etc but it was better than 2K15 on ANY console, 2K has removed everything cool about creation suite, given us a weak small roster and limited the game's shelf life, I am already bored of it and have gone back to 2K14 which had so much more creation capability, I am a PS3 user and I think I got a better deal, PS4/XB1 was purely focused on graphics and not much else, 25 CAW slots, no custom music amongst other things

I just wonder how the hell 2K15 is doing better than 2K14 :o

What's wrong with them removing Create a Special Move though? That shit barely worked, good riddance.

As well as Create a Belt, Create a Arena, Custom themes, Superstar Threads, Create a Diva, Paint Tool and probably aload of other stuff Ive forgotten.

All these modes taken out and features gone because of the bullshit response of supposedly not having enough time. No the reason you didnt tell fans 2K is because you knew damn well you would lose sales had you told them up front.

Not everyone uses sites like this so they wouldnt be aware of what early copy gamers reported.

Now that was bullshit, but I just don't get why the ruckus for Create a Special Move. That's the only thing that should have been removed or improved upon. The other stuff bein removed is downright poppycocks though.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Create a Move should have had more variations of animation and the moves actually deliver damage.

I live in hope one day they use some camera for it where it captures our body as we perform the move and implements it into a game.

Granted for what the game is on Next Gen, its not Terrible. sure there is a lot of things missing from the THQ era of wrestling games on last gen. but they have said numerous times that they are trying for next years release because of the deadline.

just look at Smackdown: Know your Role on the PS2... it was the first next gen release of a wrestling game and it was..... Bad... Very Bad.... This is not as bad as that.

But things that CAW mode... are terrible, the morphing system sucks compared to the THQ morphing system, as hard as you try you can never morph a face correctly. like Macho man randy Savage, you can not get the lips right as all...

I'm guessing the sales were due to people pre-ordering for last gen. They wanted it as soon as possible.

I saw someone on the front page said they won't boycott next year, my question is what would it take to get to that point? Is it to a level where we will play any game that is slightly playable?

What's wrong with them removing Create a Special Move though? That shit barely worked, good riddance.

We have different definitions of barely worked. Most descriptions i've seen said that it had issues, maybe didn't work perfectly, but I haven't seen anything to support the claim it barely worked.

If something has a few issues (CAF), you don't need to destroy it and start all over. You can fix it. Now, create-a-story was extremely broken. Ridiculously so. So they needed to start from scratch with that, as long as they replace it. As for the majority of the other creation stuff, it's *censored*in boolshat that 2K removed it.

I don't think the gameplay is that much better the stamina system barely works and they dumbed down the movesets, they want it to be just like wwe I know its a wwe game but wwe is boring as hell and now the game is too

If I want to play a wrestling game it should be how it is.

Making it how it is on tv by slowing it down does not work! They need to put the fun back into it.

Its a shame that when you do a move they go to the middle of the ring to do the move instead of freedom they used to get.

Granted for what the game is on Next Gen, its not Terrible. sure there is a lot of things missing from the THQ era of wrestling games on last gen. but they have said numerous times that they are trying for next years release because of the deadline.

just look at Smackdown: Know your Role on the PS2... it was the first next gen release of a wrestling game and it was..... Bad... Very Bad.... This is not as bad as that.

But things that CAW mode... are terrible, the morphing system sucks compared to the THQ morphing system, as hard as you try you can never morph a face correctly. like Macho man randy Savage, you can not get the lips right as all...

Know your role never came out on the PS2 it was a PSX title. You probably mean Just Bring It.

That game had a amazing intro and a pretty decent story mode which I remember was very good, long and actually made sense. A decent roster that had most of the main players. hardcore matches were spot on as we could fight in the crowd.

We even had 8 man rumbles didnt we? Loved the way story mode we could actually interact with people backstage as it wasent pointless walking and I recall CAW mode wasent too bad either.

Archived