Official Royal Rumble Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True, but this could have been the way to bring that back in him. Plus Orton and Brock would have an awesome match.

Roman Reigns has overshadowed the awesomeness of that Triple Threat. Incredible. They can actually do something good with him here. I hope he becomes a cocky heel over time and p*sses off every crowd he's in. He won't be a proper face for a good while.

I wanted Orton to return, too. Out of all of his absences from the company, I haven't missed the guy this much. I honestly would have preferred him, Ziggler, or Bryan winning. Would have preferred Ziggler out of all three of them, since he's never won the Rumble before and it would have been perfect IMO.

And of course Randy Orton hasn't been a Legend Killer in a good while...the dude is pretty much a living legend himself, lol.

If the fans think WWE will back out of their original plans because they're gonna 'rebel' and boo the hero, they clearly haven't been paying attention for the last 10 years.

I think you're the one that hasn't been paying attention... did you even watch WWE a year ago?

I'm willing to bet Orton would have been cheered until people realized he was one of the last. But if it came down to Reigns and him, Orton would be cheered. But ultimately booed.

I don't think so. A good cross-section of caws.ws wanted to see Orton win the RR. I realize that caws doesn't represent the "WWE universe" as a whole...but there's still something to be said for those kinds of statistics and whatnot.

I dunno, Orton winning would be the same as Batista or Cena winning. They don't need it as opposed to guys like Dolf and Bryan, who were either wrestling 100% or were out when they finally reached the top of the mountain. I'm not even sure if Cesaro would be received positively if he won.

Except, Cena wins *censored*ing everything and Batista hasn't wrestled in years. Orton has been a solid worker for his entire career, hasn't had a solid push in a while, and he would be returning from a break, which always breathes new life into wrestlers. Not comparable in the slightest.

Not to mention, as an athlete Orton > Cena/Batista.

Not his entire career as he has had periods of bad work. It is somewhat comparable as I'm sure people would have preferred fresher faces to win.

For anyone who cares

- As noted, Randy Orton was in the Northeast last night but did not make his return, despite being advertised, at the WWE Royal Rumble pay-per-view. Orton was actually backstage, dressed to wrestle and ready to go but his return being delayed again was said to be a storyline decision.

Bo Dallas and Heath Slater were both backstage last night but obviously not used. Both are scheduled to be back in action soon, possibly this week if WWE tapes new content.

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Why_Randy_Orton_Didn_t_Return_at_the_Royal_Rumble_Return_Updates_on_Bo_Dallas_and_Heath_Slater.html#QTAGDbo3JjkXl8Ue.99

WWE is so fickle.

So I had planned to watch this match with a some good mates who occasionally watch the WWE but always liked the Rumble. It was funny, because it kinda hit me a few hours before the event and I was thinking what if the Rumble match sucks?. And it kinda did.

The triple threat match was boss, I liked everything about that match and the ending was superb. As for the Royal Rumble, was nice to see those surprises but lack of Orton and the whole ending was just garbage. They even dragged Rock into this, Brock better destroy Reigns.

So I had planned to watch this match with a some good mates who occasionally watch the WWE but always liked the Rumble. It was funny, because it kinda hit me a few hours before the event and I was thinking what if the Rumble match sucks?. And it kinda did.

The triple threat match was boss, I liked everything about that match and the ending was superb. As for the Royal Rumble, was nice to see those surprises but lack of Orton and the whole ending was just garbage. They even dragged Rock into this, Brock better destroy Reigns.

Honestly, it probably would have made them fans. As angry as we all get...these are sometimes the best times to be fans...because we can feed off each other and get riled up like a pack of *censored*ing hyenas.

I finally watched the triple threat match. Shit was brazy, everything was amazing.

I also watched the last 10 minutes of the RR. I'm honestly disgusted, I don't see how anyone could enjoy the match ending with two dudes you know have no chance in hell of main eventing Mania vs a guy the majority of hardcore fans don't like. Rock's involvement made no sense and it also didn't help anything. Three guys whose Road to Wrestlemania would've have been so much more interesting to watch just dump over the rope like bullshit. It's *censored*ed up that the one *Censored* you would expect an American crowd to boo the shit out of was getting cheered like a face just because the crowd was shuddering at the thought of Reigns, the intended top face, main eventing Mania. Vince won't take that reaction seriously, he'll just brush it off because of it being a "smark" crowd. I wonder when they'll get over the mindset of "It's okay, they'll learn to love what's happening" because it's not true and they should've learned that with Cena. You can't successfully sell someone as a face if the boos outweigh the cheers. But they keep trying.

I swear. If it were Reigns, Bryan, Wyatt, Ziggler or Ambrose as the last guys left, I also doubt Reigns would've gotten the reactions that he got.

Instead we got the equivalent of Hulk Hogan (Roman Reigns), King Kong Bundy (Big Show), Big John Studd (Kane) and Nikolai Volkoff (Rusev) as the last guy in a house show battle royal in 1985. Yeah, that's gonna get fans excited in 2015.

Did they honestly expected PHILADELPHIA to accept that and NOT crap all over it? Really?

This Rumble was booked purely to make Roman look strong and the ultimate Babyface. They took Bryan out early so Reigns wouldn't have to face him and get booed like shit, had Kane & Big Show take out the rest of the favorites that people wanted and made them look like garbage, and left Reigns alone with 3 heels so that fans would be forced to cheer for him. What a masterful plan that blew the *Censored* up in their face in a glorious explosion. This was some Cena type booking if I ever seen it.

WWE does not acknowledge Ambrose, Bryan and Ziggler as the top superstars that they really are based on the quality of their matches and the reactions they get.
Instead, they will choose their own top superstar and they will shove him down our throats. Yhey are going to know how the fans will react to it but they don't care because there's no competition for WWE and people are handing in their money.

In essence, someone like Ziggler, who arguably has been putting on must watch matches on Raw on a weekly basis and gets great reactions, is never going to headline Mania as long as there is a Roman Reigns.

Archived