Just had an update...

Kelevra*

Well, hes also a mod on the 2k forums. So that probably puts a lot more responsibility on him than he had before. :/

Responsibility + constant whining + being blamed for every little issue is going to = not a very good time for Marcus. Especially since he was brought in about 3 quarters of the way through development.

This. Marcus isn't the one to vent at, he's being treated as the scapegoat but it's 2K/Devs (and Yukes) that people need to criticise.

Actually, unless I'm missing something, he is exactly the one we should be venting at...is the community manager not supposed to be the liaison between us and the devs???

Being a liason and being treated like a damn comic book villain are different things. He may take our frustrations to them, but he shouldn't be treated like crap when he isn't the one to blame. He's not like say, Aubrey who accused people of playing the game wrong when a problem was brought to his attention.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, hes also a mod on the 2k forums. So that probably puts a lot more responsibility on him than he had before. :/

Responsibility + constant whining + being blamed for every little issue is going to = not a very good time for Marcus. Especially since he was brought in about 3 quarters of the way through development.

This. Marcus isn't the one to vent at, he's being treated as the scapegoat but it's 2K/Devs (and Yukes) that people need to criticise.

Actually, unless I'm missing something, he is exactly the one we should be venting at...is the community manager not supposed to be the liaison between us and the devs???

That's not what I actually meant, I worded it completely wrong so that's my fault lol. What I meant was, he isn't deserving of the shit he gets on a daily basis. That goes to 2K/Devs and Yukes.

Marcus is not much of liason between us and developers lately. He's yet to even announce anything for Dec 16.

You DO realize he can't say anything 2K doesn't want him to say, right?

See, this is the problem, we got people like some of the above posters who are totally happy to blame Marcus personally, and shit on him for it, as if he's the one who went in and caused all this shit. Children need to grow up and learn how the world works.

He's a community manager. He's not a dev. He has no hands-on with the game outside of the controller in his hands when he plays it. He's bound by his company on what can and can't be announced.

Blaming him in any way, shape, or form is childish and shows no understanding on how things ACTUALLY work.

So, for those who need it spelled out...he's a community manger. Marcus is a human being, which, shocking, means he has to do human being things, like also have a personal life outside of this position.

He did not make the game. Or create it. Or even have ANYTHING to do with it until recently.

His position is community liaison. You, politely, tell him your frustrations, without blame, malice, or name-calling. You bring bugs up to his attentions. You ask him questions. You don't demand answers, especially those that are impossible to give due to being bound by his job.

Which is not his fault.

In essence, you treat him like a human being, and understand he is here to do what he can for us, NOT to spite you.

See, this is the problem, we got people like some of the above posters who are totally happy to blame Marcus personally, and shit on him for it, as if he's the one who went in and caused all this shit. Children need to grow up and learn how the world works.

He's a community manager. He's not a dev. He has no hands-on with the game outside of the controller in his hands when he plays it. He's bound by his company on what can and can't be announced.

Blaming him in any way, shape, or form is childish and shows no understanding on how things ACTUALLY work.

So, for those who need it spelled out...he's a community manger. Marcus is a human being, which, shocking, means he has to do human being things, like also have a personal life outside of this position.

He did not make the game. Or create it. Or even have ANYTHING to do with it until recently.

His position is community liaison. You, politely, tell him your frustrations, without blame, malice, or name-calling. You bring bugs up to his attentions. You ask him questions. You don't demand answers, especially those that are impossible to give due to being bound by his job.

Which is not his fault.

In essence, you treat him like a human being, and understand he is here to do what he can for us, NOT to spite you.

If posts had a 'like' option? Yours would get one. Totally agree with everything you said.

Which is not his fault.

That was beautiful.

Heh. Thanks, to both of you.

But really, it's true. He's the best one we've had out of the ones we've been through. He's ACTUALLY gotten shit done FOR us before. Yeah, it's hard not to let loose on him, I get it. He's the face of 2k15, so to speak. So people personify the game with him and they forget that. They can't.

But really, it's true. He's the best one we've had out of the ones we've been through. He's ACTUALLY gotten shit done FOR us before. Yeah, it's hard not to let loose on him, I get it. He's the face of 2k15, so to speak. So people personify the game with him and they forget that. They can't.

I'll take Marcus over Audrey freaking Sitterson any day of the week, any week of the month, any month of the year.

I'll take Marcus over Audrey freaking Sitterson any day of the week, any week of the month, any month of the year.

Indeed. It was insulting when Shitterson said we all were playing the game wrong when we didn't get 2 counts.... wanted to repeatedly smack him in the face with a kendo stick dammit!

First match after the patch...Miz vs BNB one on one in my universe. Everything plays out like normal, great match, Bad News wins it...but in the post match celebration sequence something goes wiggy with Barrett's face, all sorts of distorted digital crapola on his face and neck. Hadn't seen that before the patch, can't wait to see what else we're in store for...

I had that exact same glitch happen in my Universe mode, also with Bad News Barrett. Haven't had it with anyone else though. I guess it must be something wrong with Barrett's model.

Did a match between Cody Rhodes and Corey Graves a couple minutes ago...about halfway through the match, it started happening to Graves' face and continued the rest of the match and all the way through his celebration sequence.

No beard glitch with Batista when I did him in a one on one with managers match a couple minutes ago...

Batista with Orton managing vs CM Punk with Heyman

Most impressive thing during that match however was the manager AI. I don't think the update covered that, so it was probably just something I'd missed before...but some of the subtle manager activities, especially when the match spilled outside of the ring, were kinda cool.

and probably explains why we all just downloaded a patch that doesn't do jack!

Except for fixing a bunch of issues inclding game breaking save corruption.

As much shit as i've given 2K, i'll give them props for what seems like a good patch. If they keep this up, maybe i'll buy the game in 6 months. Probably not, but its possible.

Archived