Future of TNA Broadcast Team

glchitman

Matthews is weird. It's like he can't be heel or babyface, he's just kinda bland. Good talker but he's so monotone. Tenay is so corny it hurts. Knowing the names of moves and psychology is great, but talking about it is annoying. He gets too descriptive (much like Striker, I *censored*in love Striker but he's annoying too) and it kills me. I know not everyone can be JR, but damn do I miss him.

I'm gonna be a WCW Mark and say blackmail Tony Schiavone away from baseball announcing and bring him in. Man do I miss that voice on Monday Nights....*sigh*

I liked Tony. I thought he did his job well. Made it exciting. Wayyyyyyy better lead commentator than Bischoff, at the very least.

Tenay is boring, but Mathews is worse!! A lot worse! And I agree with bringing Don West back, the guy was much better than Taz who quite frankly is a horrible announcer. I'd love having Schiavone back but I doubt he would ever come back to wrestling for any contract.

I doubt it would feel the same anyway. Like the last time J.R. was on Raw, when he sounded kind of flat.

Tenay is boring, but Mathews is worse!! A lot worse! And I agree with bringing Don West back, the guy was much better than Taz who quite frankly is a horrible announcer. I'd love having Schiavone back but I doubt he would ever come back to wrestling for any contract.

I doubt it would feel the same anyway. Like the last time J.R. was on Raw, when he sounded kind of flat.

J.R. without the king just isn't as good, he needs that heel color commentator to get him out of his shell.

I'd still love Schiavone to come back though. I miss having good announcers to listen to in wrestling.

Tenay was boring in wcw and in TNA. He's no JR that's for sure

Tenay has his moments but those were about ten years ago. Mathews has no talent as an announcer, TNA really should find someone fresh, do a search and find a good sports announcer, one who doesn't sound like Michael Cole or a kid.

Tenay has his moments but those were about ten years ago. Mathews has no talent as an announcer, TNA really should find someone fresh, do a search and find a good sports announcer, one who doesn't sound like Michael Cole or a kid.

I wish they would've picked up striker. Matt striker and tenay would be easy on the ears

I wish they would've picked up striker. Matt striker and tenay would be easy on the ears

Striker is good for color commentary because Taz is just awful, always has been, but I'd rather they just bring back Don West for color and then find someone new to take over Tenay's spot. But not Josh Mathews, he sounds like he should be doing commentary for a high school football game.

• 2 weeks later...

I Remember when Don was the color commentator ,he used to receive negative comments,now everyone wants him back and realized how much he could make a match way more exiciting(just look at the Unbreakable match).

I always loved Don,he had energy like Jim Ross but not the skills

Archived