Suicide squad

Rubbersoul

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Gosh darn, I was born in the wrong time!"

Edgy.

Seriously though, that's what this Joker says to me. He screams "look at me...I have artificial problems instead of real ones". He's definitely the most punk-ass looking Joker that has ever existed. Even Cesar Romero's Joker from the original tv show can be taken more seriously...and that dude had white makeup on over a mustache.

Why so serious though, Gen?

:hqhq:

Yeah, I agree. But heck, why not. Ledger perfected the realistic, genuinely merciless psycho Joker. No point in trying to emulate that. Nichelson pretty much perfected the funny gangster Joker. I don't know what type of movie that will turn out to be in general, but if they try to make it modern, then why not? That type of personality is perfectly suited to being psychopathic too, just in a different way. I mean, maybe it will suck ass, but Leto's a good actor and I could see him just making a completely new type of Joker work.

And if you think about it, the classic Joker's main goal is to make Batman break, right? He does have interests. They could just make him desperate to be feared. Desperation and fear are insane motivators for cruel deeds. I think he'll be different and still good. Just not necessarily what you'd want right away if you hear Joker.

I hate how Leto looks as Joker. The tatoos are over the top and come off as the designers trying way too hard to let us know Joker is insane. We know he's insane, we don't need tatoos to get that, especially one that flat out says damaged. The metal teeth are ridiculous. This Joker looks like Little Wayne with shorter hair and made up like a clown, or how Dave Chappelle would do the white anchor. Yes, it's different, and I'll give them a few points for that. But this is just different in a bad way. It's just utter shit too me.

Then again considering the DC movies are try hards in general with trying to be dark and gritty and realistic, maybe he does fit. Still shit though.

I read that the teeth are just that way because his were broken or something. The guy who posted it on another said he read comics and shit, so I can't judge if that's true or not but it would make sense, I guess. I mean, he does get hit in the face a lot.

Actually, what IF the tattoo on his head is not from him? The Suicide Squad is basically villains who are goverment protected, so they kill their targets for them, right? What if they just marked Joker's face with their evaluation of him? I mean, if they can controll Joker to the extent of making him kill people for them (even if it's just because he enjoys killing, and takes theoretically working for them) then surely they could manage to write a little word on his forhead.

That might be the case with the "damaged" tattoo being an evaluation...but if that was the case, why would it be in stylized script, and not some form of straight-forward block lettering, like a prison tag? I would think that if that was truly the situation, it would be nothing more than a stamp-type tattoo for easy reading...

I read that the teeth are just that way because his were broken or something. The guy who posted it on another said he read comics and shit, so I can't judge if that's true or not but it would make sense, I guess. I mean, he does get hit in the face a lot.

Actually, what IF the tattoo on his head is not from him? The Suicide Squad is basically villains who are goverment protected, so they kill their targets for them, right? What if they just marked Joker's face with their evaluation of him? I mean, if they can controll Joker to the extent of making him kill people for them (even if it's just because he enjoys killing, and takes theoretically working for them) then surely they could manage to write a little word on his forhead.

Yeah my first thought that he didn't exactly want it done, but I still think its a bit meh. However, I'm totally open for a good story to be made out of it.

That might be the case with the "damaged" tattoo being an evaluation...but if that was the case, why would it be in stylized script, and not some form of straight-forward block lettering, like a prison tag? I would think that if that was truly the situation, it would be nothing more than a stamp-type tattoo for easy reading...

Yeah, true. But it does significantly differ from the "Haha" letters. I guess, maybe, it's done in that cursive style to make it look sleeker? I mean, the next best thing in terms of traditional, official documents, to simple block letters would be that type of style, right? Afterall, even the high ranking officials tend to have a knack for dramatic shit. Remember that Hugo Strange was an officially operating employee? (At least in the Batman game, I don't know his arc throughout all mediums) So in that sense, I could see that as being the official type of approach a Gotham official would go with.

Yeah, true. But it does significantly differ from the "Haha" letters. I guess, maybe, it's done in that cursive style to make it look sleeker? I mean, the next best thing in terms of traditional, official documents, to simple block letters would be that type of style, right?

If you're trying to tattoo someone as quickly and efficiently as you can, using fancy script is not the way to go about doing so. For that matter, neither is writing "damaged". They'd probably just give him a number, or even a color that corresponds to his threat level. Like, a big red "10" or something.

The tattoos (the forehead one in particular) kinda remind me of Ambrose wearing his lunatic shirt. Forcing it kinda misses the point...

THANK YOU! I've been trying to explain this and couldn't get it off my tongue. It feels less like he's a badass lunatic and more of a showoff kinda thing.

I agree that it isn't the best way to go over it, but I mean, it is Gotham and a movie afterall. I mean, they have characters like enchantress etc. Everything is stylized to an extent. I'm just saying that the tattoo itself (while not being perfectly reasonable and realistic) may just not be his decision. The others are fine, I think. Joker's pretty narcistic and may as well get some tattoos.

Actually, what if it IS indeed his choice and it was done in a sarcastic way? Like, he does sometimes portray himself as a victim and stuff, right? That's even universal. Ledger's Joker always lied about his scars and what a poor guy he was, and I remember that comic where he told Quinn about his dad and how *censored*ed up he was because of it. It could be his decision, but in a "Oh, look at me, I'm such a poor dude." kinda way. Not that he actually means that but rather that he mocks it.

Whatever the reasoning behind it (or lack thereof), he still looks more like one of Joker's goons than Joker himself.

That's true. I mean, I do like it in general but I'm not fully warming up to the Joker looking like that. I am willing to give it a chance before I dismiss it though.

That is a plausible explanation in general but I just can't see Joker doing something like that.

That's the Joker for ya though. :P

Another thing...this feels like they felt pressured into making their Joker unique...(because the Ledger Joker was unique and was a huge success). Feels like they went to the extreme with their design, for no reason other than setting it apart from past Jokers...trying to "one-up" past Jokers even. And when things are done specifically for that reason, they rarely turn out well.

Is that a bird tattooed on his right biceps?

yeah, Robin, cuz y'know..

Joker killed Robin

It's not like Joker's gonna be shirtless the whole movie (probably only in one or two scenes), he'll have this suit

Fa2GDcl.jpg

Archived