My Career mode is a jokes

omegamark100

So far i have played through my career twice now once as a heel and once as a face and i feel like this has to be one of the worst career modes in wwe games history. Here are some reason for this

-only three ppv's a year? I'm was the IC champ and HW champ at two separate points and am only being book for three ppvs a year is absurd

- due to only three ppvs a month only three stories a month so most of each year you're doing nothing but grinding and make them matches outside of the rivalries meaningless. on my second playthrough as a heel it got to the point i got tired of using heel tactics and putting on matches for nothing so i would just get a chair and get dq So far i have played through my career twice now once as a heel and once as a face and i feel like this has to be one of the worst career modes in wwe games history. Here are some reason for this

-only three ppv's a year? I'm was the IC champ and HW champ at two separate points and am only being booked three ppvs a year is absurd

- due to only three ppvs a month only three stories a month so most of each year you're doing nothing but grinding and make them matches outside of the rivalries meaningless. on my second play through as a heel it got to the point i got tired of using heel tactics and putting on matches for nothing so i would just get a chair and get a dq strait away to keep myself a heel and move fast to get a rivalry

-lack of gimmick matches at ppv's. some ppvs i choose so i can have a gimmick match like tlc and end up having normal matches

-no way to ask to challenge for a title if you want a shot at the ic or us you have to hope you get the title rivalry in one of your ppvs before you move shows. really was hoping for a HCTP sytem where you could ask for a shot and if you maybe had enough fan following you would get a no 1 contenders match to fight for the title

-having the royal rumble each year and not including you. I think once you win the nxt championship you should be in the rumble every year unless you have a specific rivalry or wwe or hw title. It should be a ppv you are automatically put on. Imagine a career where you just got to superstar and are put in the rumble and by miracle you win the rumble and are thrown into the main event at WM

-no real way to be a tag team wrestler and go for tag title. I t would have been nice to go down a hbk path and start as a tag team wrestler maybe win a title and split up the tag team and have a rivalry with them

-Manager mean nothing. you can select any manager you want and flip between manager without anything happening except if you are a heel or a face and some manager are in the wrong category. Manager should also have more of an impact such as a heel manager distracting the ref more or distracting them when you are holding a weapon right now the managers i had as a heel distract the ref less then my face managers and i don't know why.

-having no ability to change the roster yourself. i would like to of had the ability to choose custom caws be in my universe just like their invasion system only being able to choose your own instead if you want different caws you have to hope you fried has one that you want in you universe and they didn't make one that is stupid and destroys your immersion.

-not being able to choose the difficulty. the first time i played through it wasn't to bad as i was still learning the chain wrestling and reversal system so it help not getting destroyed by them early but in my second play through i knew how to play and had the timing down so it was really easy to win matches for a large majority of my career.

-no blood! this sucks not evening having the choice to have it on or off destroyed some rivalries. sometime i wanted to make an opponent pay for attacking me week after week or maybe sent a message to my opponent who was commentating

- progression is too easy. you can get to a 100 overall way too fast and it really the difficulty and reward of getting stronger year after year i feel they need to make it harder to get point to make finally getting to 90 overall a big achievement

Spoiler!!!!

-having the career fast forward after you win the wwe title. It really sucked when i finally one the big one and relised i had doomed myself to only five matches. I understand it get boring at the but i had been at the top for 5 seconds, they could have had cool story's when you where champ like a screwjob against you or being injured and giving up the title only to come back and rewin it.

Overall i think they had great ideas going into making the game mode but feel like they just didn't have the time to focus on this gamemode and it make the mode really feel unfinished. Hopefully next year they scrap the showcase mode and focus purely on this mode and universe mode.

Anyway thank you for getting to the end sorry for the errors and bad grammar i missed i pretty tired so i probably missed a bunch

Obviously this mode is lacking, but for it's first appearance in a WWE Game? It could've been a lot worse. If it returns next year, I expect it to be improved.. with better cutscenes, stories, feuds and a few sample voices for us to select for CAWs.

Obviously this mode is lacking, but for it's first appearance in a WWE Game? It could've been a lot worse. If it returns next year, I expect it to be improved.. with better cutscenes, stories, feuds and a few sample voices for us to select for CAWs.

but the problem is everything is lacking in this game, caw creation is lacking, my career is lacking, universe is still lacking the roster is lacking and match types are lacking for the first time we see this its feels half baked with no effort or thought put into it and it excusable even if they had to remake the game

Sorry to hijack your thread, this is kind of related though. How do you unlock the NXT wrestlers? I've somehow managed to unlock Cory Graves but can't figure out how to unlock anybody else. Starting to annoy me now.

You can see how you unlock every single item in the unlockables category in options:)

Corey Graves - get promoted to Superstars

Rusev - win the NXT title

Sami Zayn - promoted to Main Event

Bo Dallas - promoted to SD

Adrian Neville - promoted to Raw

but the problem is everything is lacking in this game, caw creation is lacking, my career is lacking, universe is still lacking the roster is lacking and match types are lacking

We all know that lol. I expected a bare boned game few months back, so it wasn't really a shock to me tbh.

Doubt it. People said this about the WWE Universe mode when it was first introduced and not a whole lot has changed after that.

Sorry to hijack your thread, this is kind of related though. How do you unlock the NXT wrestlers? I've somehow managed to unlock Cory Graves but can't figure out how to unlock anybody else. Starting to annoy me now.

You can see how you unlock every single item in the unlockables category in options:)

Corey Graves - get promoted to Superstars

Rusev - win the NXT title

Sami Zayn - promoted to Main Event

Bo Dallas - promoted to SD

Adrian Neville - promoted to Raw

Thank you! I was thinking you had to successfully defend the NXT Title against them.

Doubt it. People said this about the WWE Universe mode when it was first introduced and not a whole lot has changed after that.

Universe has improved a hell of a lot since 2011. Custom storylines, ability to book your own shows & PPVs, you can choose the default attire for everyone, seperate titles & stables, and much more. I have high hopes 2K20's career will be much more in-depth than 2K15's.

Universe has improved a hell of a lot since 2011. Custom storylines, ability to book your own shows & PPVs, you can choose the default attire for everyone, seperate titles & stables, and much more. I have high hopes 2K20's career will be much more in-depth than 2K15's.

How do you select the default attires?

How do you select the default attires?

Universe > Customise Universe > Superstar Management > Select which superstar you want > click on "attire" > select which attire you want > enjoy.

This game is a total disaster. *Censored* it. *Censored* 2K. They can go to hell.

Sorry I just exploded, but thats the truth, anyone saying otherwise needs to take their ehads out of the clouds. Seriously.

You should consider getting into politics. They are attracted to people who think their opinions are facts.

This game is a total disaster. *Censored* it. *Censored* 2K. They can go to hell.

Sorry I just exploded, but thats the truth, anyone saying otherwise needs to take their ehads out of the clouds. Seriously.

You should consider getting into politics. They are attracted to people who think their opinions are facts.

:lol: dead

Heh maybe. But this game is really terrible, i can't see how people can look at it and say it's good or even moderate... It lacks so many things, i can't consider someone serious, who says it's any good.

Heh maybe. But this game is really terrible, i can't see how people can look at it and say it's good or even moderate... It lacks so many things, i can't consider someone serious, who says it's any good.

There you go again, just because YOU hate it, doesn't mean everyone else should. I'm not jumping for joy about the game by no means, but I'm enjoying the game because of the improved gameplay (improved stamina system really makes a difference), the graphics also look great, and able to have fun in Universe Mode this year unlike previous years.

This is considered flamebaiting, don't do it.

Archived