Part 2 of CM Punk on Colt Cobana's podcast up now

.Legacy

Punk will always be one of my favorites. Wrestling has always been one of those things where you never say never. Not saying he is coming back next year or the year after but eventually time heals all wounds. I appreciate any wrestler who gives their body for our entertainment and Punk was def one of those guys. I also felt he did it for the love of the game and to give the fans a show. I'm glad I have his DVD, the network to watch his big matches, and 2K15 where he is a major focus.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Punk will always be one of my favorites. Wrestling has always been one of those things where you never say never. Not saying he is coming back next year or the year after but eventually time heals all wounds. I appreciate any wrestler who gives their body for our entertainment and Punk was def one of those guys. I also felt he did it for the love of the game and to give the fans a show. I'm glad I have his DVD, the network to watch his big matches, and 2K15 where he is a major focus.

Agreed,

A lot of people say he will never return, you hear the interview it gives you more reason to believe.

Imo he won't return any time soon but yeah, never say never in this business if or when he does it won't be full time. Y2J schedule or something

Damn Punk laying the Smack-Down.....

But yeah after hearing this (assuming it is true) *Censored* VINCE *Censored* HHH *Censored* WWE in general!

I think this pretty much confirms that Punk's probably never going to return to the ring-- Vince was the one who seemed to favor him more. When Vince is gone, HHH will have the reigns and I doubt Punk will want to get back into the ring when he's eying 40-45 (thinking of him at 60 with all of those tattoos is actually blech, tbh).

I wonder if we're gonna hear CM PUNK chants during Ryback matches and promos now lmao! xD

I've always supported Punk leaving, what's best for business wasn't best for Punk and what's best for Punk is more important than what's best for business.

Superstars/wrestlers come and go but the machine continues to produce.

Thank you Punk is all I can say after everything he did for us in that ring!

GREAT interview. gives a whole new insight in how WWE is so f'd up.

so that fan encounter is now all cleared up. the guy was rude and felt he was entitled to an autograph.

the stealing idea's thing now pretty much backs up Maxine's claim about WWE using other people's ideas as their own.

I wonder if we're gonna hear CM PUNK chants during Ryback matches and promos now lmao! xD

nope.

"DUMB AS F***! DUMB AS F***! DUMB AS F***!"

:XD::hqhq:

GREAT interview. gives a whole new insight in how WWE is so f'd up.

so that fan encounter is now all cleared up. the guy was rude and felt he was entitled to an autograph.

the stealing idea's thing now pretty much backs up Maxine's claim about WWE using other people's ideas as their own.

nope.

"DUMB AS F***! DUMB AS F***! DUMB AS F***!"

:XD::hqhq:

People getting there idea stolen is nothing new in wrestling.

Exactly like what the *Censored*? Dude is only telling what most wanted to hear after months and months of speculation,that's all. Not like he isn't trying to live his life with wrestling behind him.

Don't see how he's complaining,bitching,etc if he's just trying to bring some closure on what went down in hopes for people to leave him alone about it.... His wife too with the chants and whatnot but that ain't gonna happen.

Credit: http://www.thewrestlingmania.com/articles/big-hole-cm-punk-podcast/

"Like every wrestling fan in the world, we franticly hunted for the download button on the latest episode of “The Art of Wrestling” with Colt Cabana in which his guest, CM Punk, was to “tell all” in this exclusive interview about him leaving the WWE, his treatment there and how he came to be so pissed off with wrestling.

We listened intently for 2 hours about his arguments with Triple H, his conversations with Vince McMahon, his absolute burial of The Ryback and somewhat The Undertaker too. However for your writer of this article, by FAR the most telling and most important part of this interview was the talk of CM Punk’s life threatening Staph virus and his claims that WWE doctors were simply incompetent. And here, is where your writer found the big hole in the CM Punk podcast.

Let’s assume for one second that everything CM Punk said was 100% the truth. Fine, I can live with that. However what I simply cannot accept is CM Punk’s claim that he had a giant lump on his back which WWE doctors diagnosed as a fatty deposit and as Punk says “They just gave me a ZPak and sent me out there”. He claims that it took until after he left WWE for another doctor to diagnose Punk with a massive Staph virus (Staphylococcus aureus) for which he had to have IV medication because WWE doctors misdiagnosed him, and that ZPaks were completely useless against Staph.

So here’s the problem.

Your writer of this piece suffers from a life-threatening illness called Cystic Fibrosis. I very rarely bring it up, unless it’s because we’re doing charity work for it. However I feel I must because it’s completely relevant. One of the most popular treatments for Cystic Fibrosis is a drug called Azithromycin. Also known in the US as a ZPak. A common side effect for suffers of CF is Staphylococcus Aureus (or Staph for short), primarily in the lungs or sputum (spit). Azithromycin is used to treat this and is highly effective and IN FACT a quick Google search or a simple link to a wikipedia article will tell you that.

Punk’s claim that WWE had no clue how to treat him is complete nonsense. They gave him a ZPak for Staph because that’s exactly what it’s for. If WWE doctors thought it was just a “fatty deposit” they would not have given it to him. What I’m saying is WWE doctors knew he had Staph AND were treating him accordingly. Exactly as they should.

Alright, I’m not a doctor but I have been taking Azithromycin all of my life (27 years) and I know exactly what it is and isn’t treated for. In fact it’s also used to treat Pneumonia, HIV in some cases and chlamydia. And no, I do not have chlamydia. The point I’m making is that this medication is used for a wide range of applications and WWE doctors were not “useless” at all.

However I’m not saying WWE doctors are completely innocent. If Punk had to go to a different doctor and have the Staph drained and be put on an IV drip, that means the Staph became resistant at some point to the medication. Azithromycin has an ingredient in it called Methicillin and Staph can develop to the point where it becomes Methicillin-resistant. Or to coin it it’s proper term Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus Aureus. People in the UK might more commonly know this as the hospital superbug MRSA. I’ve had it, it’s not nice.

And it’s just as simple as that. WWE doctors treated him absolutely as they should. He had Staph, they knew it and they gave him the appropriate treatment which is in fact, Zpaks.

But the infection further developed into MRSA and they missed it. That can happen sometimes and even the very best doctors in the world miss stuff. Not to mention the treatment in the US for both MRSA and my illness, Cystic Fibrosis is absolutely awful. The fact that WWE doctors missed it being MRSA is obviously a massive MASSIVE issue here, but the point of this article is to state that initially, the WWE doctors were in fact giving him the right treatment. It’s not to defend WWE or Punk.

CM Punk isn’t a liar, he just doesn’t have all the facts. And if he’s bending the truth about that, then you have to ask yourself what other parts of that story aren’t entirely true. What are your thoughts on the CM Punk interview? Have you heard it? Has it changed your opinion of WWE and/or CM Punk? Let me know in the comments section. I’d love to know your thoughts"

>CM Punk stays silent on the matter for nearly a year after departure and finally figures he'll disclose info on his best friend's podcast for free

>"I just wish he would stop whining and crying. What a pussy"

Most interesting part here is knowing that they did in fact file in breach of contract against him and terminated his employment instead of it being a peaceful matter of not being renewed like we thought. Good listen though and I'm very glad that he did this

Punk sounds like a total pussy. Cry me a river and then drown yourself in it.

Posts like these....

I wonder how you'd deal with working matches with a staph infection that could possibly kill you. Stop being so stupid.

Over exaggerated BS... Don't have to agree with me. My opinion. Get over it, tough guy..

Archived