Part 2 of CM Punk on Colt Cobana's podcast up now

.Legacy

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of Brock, I just realized this - I find it funny as hell how he BARELY defeated CM Punk at SummerSlam and needed Paul Heyman's help to get the win, yet we're supposed to believe he's some kind of "monster" all of sudden.

But it's fine 'cause he was in UFC. :hqhq:

Speaking of Brock, I just realized this - I find it funny as hell how he BARELY defeated CM Punk at SummerSlam and needed Paul Heyman's help to get the win, yet we're supposed to believe he's some kind of "monster" all of sudden.

But it's fine 'cause he was in UFC. :hqhq:

He was ill!

I don't really see that as an issue. An old and out of shape man fighting a MMA world champion ended just as well as you would expect it to, plus Taker couldn't beat Lesnar in the latter's first run. Eh. CM Punk didn't have either of those problems

Not to derail the topic, but I had to bite.

As for the topic it self, thanks to Vibe for posting a summary. This thing could have been handled by Punk way differently, and he wouldn't have to burn his bridges with WWE and he would still be happy away from company. But oh well, hopefully this is the end of the CM Punk topics since there is closure.

Damn just listened to the whole thing and wow Punk did go through some shit. Ill leave this as my final thought on Punk: he was a great wrestler always one of my favorites and dude was unhappy so he left and I'm perfectly cool with it. He's not the first wont be the last so everyone should stop bitching about it. Hearing the inside workings of the company was very interesting as well.

God, he has a good point about the part-timers-- them going over the main guys is going to make people only buy WrestleMania and what not.

That's why I'm sort of glad Sting is going to go over HHH and not like Seth Rollins because those matches have spectacle, but they just need to be used with the right people and in moderation.

Great listen! Good to hear his side of things, finding out a lot of truths here whether people think he's lying or not. CM Punk saved wrestling for me in 2011-12 and to have him fade away the way he did really pissed me off. Everything he did for the company and never got his WM main event? Ridiculous

Sounds like even if they offered him the main event spot on mania he'd leave regardless afterwards

He wanted Bryan to main event 'Mania in the first place and he left on health grounds. Maybe his health was more important to him than a main event spot of the biggest event of the year.

Archived