Part 2 of CM Punk on Colt Cobana's podcast up now

.Legacy

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Punk still doesn't get it, though. It's kind of like when you listen to J.R.'s podcast and he sounds like he doesn't understand certain opinions from the fans' perspective because he's been an insider for so long. You've got to be able to put yourself in somebody else's shoes if you want to understand why they feel the way they feel.

The reason why some people were acting like "You owe us" is not because "You're a wrestler, now get your ass in that ring and perform." It's not a disrespectful or mean thing towards him (other than by some kids or jackasses, I guess). It's just that he kinda disappeared in a very sudden way, without warning. People don't like to be left hanging. Doesn't matter to me, though.

As for the chants, I always thought they were idiotic. They're disrespectful towards AJ, they're disrespectful towards the talent, they're disrespectful towards Punk whether he realizes it/cares or not, they add nothing to the show, and they serve no purpose other than to get the crowd over.

I'm surprised that neither Cabana nor Punk put over Austin or his podcast. Austin's an awesome guy.

To be fair The Undertaker earn that respect and leeway for sticking with the company through good and bad times.

this. he's been there since 1990 and never left for another company or other types of work. he is the ONLY one that ever earned the right to be part time. and i will always stand be that belief!

NostalgiaGod also mentioned Shawn Michaels, but I agree.

I got that feeling behind Punk lashing out at Taker is this idea of him being mightier than him which is disrespectful in my book. Or what he said about The Rock, or Dwayne as he likes to say and you have no idea how much that annoys me when he and his fanbase does it.

Can't blame Punk for being angry at losin to Rock given that even Rock has had people put him over by part-time legends and rivals that were about to leave. However, the Streak is different. Him leaving is exactly why he was chosen not to beat the Streak. though hopefully, Brock puts someone good over, like Cesaro.

^ Punk isn't angry he dropped the title to Rock. He just wishes they went with his triple threat idea for Mania cause he knew Cena/Rock II would suck.

And that notion about him using politics to get into the WrestleMania main event and making it a Triple Threat elimination match?

Just him saying 'even if he was eliminated within the first 3 minutes he wouldn't have mind' just screamed 'bulls**t' in my head.

...But at the end of the day, as long as he got what he felt was his deserving spot in the main event of WreestleMania, he was fine. Although, I feel like him saying he wouldn't be bothered if he were eliminated in the first three minutes was an exaggeration. The idea of the match being under elimination rules sounded bad anyways.

I don't get Punk's gripe with "part timers", a.k.a. LEGENDS. Losing to Taker should be an honor. And he seems like he has a bone to pick with Y2J. If I were Jericho, I'd be like *Censored* you.

Then listen to his podcast again.

His problem was not directly losing to them,

it was that his work was not appreciated by the higher ups.

He was getting less money for the events, had to work more (and harder in order to make them look good) and his ideas were constantly scrapped, ignored & given to other people.

Shawn also earned the right to be part time if he wanted. If a wrestler busted his butt, He's earned the right to be part time. Can't say Undertaker is the "only" person who earned it. Taker is a boss but others have earned it.

i agree HBK has earned a right to be part time, but we know Shawn will never wrestle again. thats why i said "only Undertaker".

I don't get Punk's gripe with "part timers", a.k.a. LEGENDS. Losing to Taker should be an honor. And he seems like he has a bone to pick with Y2J. If I were Jericho, I'd be like *Censored* you.

Being a legend doesn't warrant such divine treatment. They should be brought back to make the current and future generation look good.

WWE doesn't care about legends. Only does now because the roster is thin and they need them for sales . Never seen in Raw Is War era Old NWA stars coming to raw or even WWWF Stars. Asking stone cold to lost to person that wasn't full time wouldnt have happen. So They could Take stone cold heat so why does it happened now ?

Shawn also earned the right to be part time if he wanted. If a wrestler busted his butt, He's earned the right to be part time. Can't say Undertaker is the "only" person who earned it. Taker is a boss but others have earned it.

i agree HBK has earned a right to be part time, but we know Shawn will never wrestle again. thats why i said "only Undertaker".

I think Kane earned that right as well, isn't he the wrestler with more matches in wwe history? Guy's a work horse

You absolutely did say that. Sorry man, I looked over that. Do you think Jericho has earned that?

His gripe is with the fact booking has several part timers going over him in a short period of time, then disappearing into the night so to speak and leaving him with a HUGE loss on his record and them no where to be found. So he put over literally nothing, and despite having good matches the higher ups don't see it as him getting a rub in the least bit.

You absolutely did say that. Sorry man, I looked over that. Do you think Jericho has earned that?

yeah Jericho has earned it BUT, we all know when he comes back (for whatever how long is back for) he comes back full time; Raw, SD, house shows, ppvs, meet & greets ect. Jericho does it all. so we don't really have to worry about him falling in that 'part-timer' label.

yeah Jericho has earned it BUT, we all know when he comes back (for whatever how long is back for) he comes back full time; Raw, SD, house shows, ppvs, meet & greets ect. Jericho does it all. so we don't really have to worry about him falling in that 'part-timer' label.

sorry but no he a part timer no matter what he does

sorry but no he a part timer no matter what he does

he comes back part of the year but works a full time schedule. which makes him a full time worker.

Archived