Creating Chris Benoit is banned (Confirmed) See page 4.

WVIP

Upload people like Manson, Hitler, Jimmy Savile and other far more evil guys and see if you get banned then. Ridiculous, we can play as a convicted robber (Booker T) but can't create someone who's last few hours were totally messed up because of concussions and other things caused by years of giving everything to wrestling? Joke.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WWE 2K Community Manager Marcus Stephenson has affirmed that anything uploaded to WWE 2K15's Community Creations server which relates to the likeness of Chris Benoit will be deleted and result in a two week suspension preventing use of the servers. The word coined to describe the adjournment is a "ban" and should be noted as temporary. There is no information available as of yet whether repeated violations would result in permanent expulsion.

While it is completely understandable, CAW enthusiasts alike have another checklist to add among their rather excessive list of exclusions in the once renowned mode especially due to a lack of public service announcement and the ability to upload Benoit related CAWS last year which was a title under 2K. The reason implemented in this situation was that the game is a result of a WWE product and it was specifically mentioned under a policy he was notified of. While WWE neglects to acknowledge the existence of other promotions such as ROH, CZW, EVOLVE, Dragon Gate USA, CHIKARA, NJPW or even TNA, users can upload those wrestlers' likeness as they wish on Community Creations.

This is a warning to anyone who was innocently uploading a Chris Benoit CAW and putting in endless hours on a texture or moveset of any kind without any prior knowledge due to the poor setup of communication between management in 2K as earlier discussed. While the words "The Rabid Wolverine" can be stitched in the announcer introduction and signature moves like the Crossface and Diving Headbutt have been included to return into this year's annual release, 2K have exercised their stringent approach of spontaneously excommunicating anything to do with Benoit twenty one months after acquiring the WWE license with the reason simply put forth as, "It is a WWE product."

WWE would have been better off of just ignoring this. When you purposely try to erase someone from history and do stupid shit like this, it gets more attention from people who may of not of heard of the situation. Luckily WWE doesn't own the internet and all I have to do is search "Chris Benoit" on Google and I can learn anything I want about the man. WWE is the probably the most bone headed company I've ever seen.

Upload people like Manson, Hitler, Jimmy Savile and other far more evil guys and see if you get banned then. Ridiculous, we can play as a convicted robber (Booker T) but can't create someone who's last few hours were totally messed up because of concussions and other things caused by years of giving everything to wrestling? Joke.

Scott Hall killed a man too. So did jimmy snuka I belive.

Not the users fault they didn't know that uploading Benoit content was a 'bannable' offence, 2K should've made that *censored*ing clear in the terms/conditions FFS! This is complete BS, I don't care what anyone else says, it's stupid we can't make Benoit.

Not the users fault they didn't know that uploading Benoit content was a 'bannable' offence, 2K should've made that *censored*ing clear in the terms/conditions FFS! This is complete BS, I don't care what anyone else says, it's stupid we can't make Benoit.

This. Next year it may be the case with CM Punk. Upload his face - BAN! And I wonder how is it that WWE has no problem with the fact that Scott hall / Razor Ramon shot a man dead years ago.

They have the right to remove anything related to Benoit. It bugs the hell out of me when people say his home life and career are two seperate entities. Everybody on earth lives one life and all their accomplishments and failures at home and work bleed together to make those people who they are and Chris Benoit was a accomplished wrestler who murdered his family.

Your opinion, and entitled. But as I keep stating, we can separate his real life from his Wrestling Career. For me, Chris Benoit is the greatest technical Wrestler in the history of Professional Wrestling. Hence why I always create him in my game.

I know. If I want to create benoit in a wrestling game that is my choice, if I want to read a book on the guy that is my choice, if I want to watch his matches that again is my choice and nobody elses business who they they are clever by trying to lay a guilt trip on fans for watching or reading something they find enjoyable.

Its still a bit silly banning the face I mean what if you wanted to upload the face for your own personal use? Why is it when we upload a logo we have to share it with the community? What if we dont want to? Personally I prefer last year because you could mod the paint tool for your own usage in fact you didnt have to upload it to use it. Be better if you could just upload your pics to the server that nobody can download unless you actually share them!

This is a very slippery slope.

Yes Benoit is a murderer and if WWE don't want creations of him uploaded that's fine I can sort of see their point (yet you can still see him on the network, WWE logic) but as someone else said what if they start deciding they don't want other people uploaded due to other reasons, i.e. People not in WWEs good books (Punk etc)

Then they could turn round and say they don't want TNA guys uploaded. Then anyone non-WWE.

They could put a lot of crazy restrictions on CC if they wanted to.

Everyone has their own view on Chris Benoit but regardless of whatever you feel about it, it was very unfair to ban people without even telling us beforehand it was a bannable offense.

What would be interesting is if people pull a Fire Pro/Virtual Pro Wrestling approach by making their CAWs look like Benoit except not dead on (like you can get real wrestler CAWs dead on this year anyway), change the name and upload it to CC. Would that be a bannable offense?

This is a very slippery slope.

Yes Benoit is a murderer and if WWE don't want creations of him uploaded that's fine I can sort of see their point (yet you can still see him on the network, WWE logic) but as someone else said what if they start deciding they don't want other people uploaded due to other reasons, i.e. People not in WWEs good books (Punk etc)

Then they could turn round and say they don't want TNA guys uploaded. Then anyone non-WWE.

They could put a lot of crazy restrictions on CC if they wanted to.

Everyone has their own view on Chris Benoit but regardless of whatever you feel about it, it was very unfair to ban people without even telling us beforehand it was a bannable offense.

That would be terrible if they ever did do that. It would ruin the series. A large part of the appeal of this series are the creations. If they ever limited us to just using WWE only, or even worse, current WWE only, it would ruin the series.

I don't see why this couldn't have been said to the community earlier, but communications for this game have been poor this year anyway. I can understand why the WWE/2K wouldn't want Benoit caws in game, but this wasn't an issue in previous games and was never addressed before, so for it to all of a sudden be a problem is weird.

Removing from the argument what Benoit did in real life, I think it's safe to say if this is the course of action they want to take with things that they or the WWE has a problem with, then I will not be participating in the future of WWE games. And you all can save the whole "Oh, they're the ones paying for it, they should be able to set whatever rules they want" argument. It's garbage if you ask me, and I don't have time with anyone who wants to do nothing but throw up roadblocks to peoples' creativity.

Are we going to ban the mask of Invader #1? He did murder Bruiser Brody afterall and that offends me, whenever I see his mask it offends me.

When I see Steve Austin's face I'm reminded of how he slapped his wife about, that offends me... ban his face.

DUI's offend me, the face of a person who has committed a DUI offence... offends me, ban the faces of Kurt Angle & Swagger.

Abdullah the Butcher gave wrestlers Hep C, this offends me... ban Abby's face please.

LOOOOL, joke.

Scott Hall killed somebody... regardless of the circumstances, killing somebody offends me... ban Scott Hall's face.

Archived