Creating Chris Benoit is banned (Confirmed) See page 4.

WVIP

Update:

Credit to Alkohal on the WWE 2K forums.

I received a notice today when i logged on that I was banned from WWE 2k15 Online privileges. Now I dont know what exactly I did that resulted in the ban. I didn't play at all yesterday and back on Thursday I uploaded a tshirt logo for a Chris Benoit CAW. It wasn't obscene or vulgar it just said his name. Now I'm completely blocked from doing anything in the game online and there doesn't seem to be a way to get an answer as to why that would result in a ban. It seems overzealous and extreme to ban someone for uploading content related to Benoit (regardless of what he did he's still a huge part of wrestlings history). Would it really be that much to ask for a warning instead of an insta-ban? How about giving me the option to choose if I want my logos to be public to begin with, that would solve a lot of issues as I'm sure not everyone wants their face plastered on CC. Anyway I want my online back, the games CAW mode is worthless without access to logos and this was an absolute unwarranted ban. If I can't get the ban lifted I might as well just trade the game back in.

Oh no.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So can you still create him at all or just logos about him? What if you make him, and it's obviously him, but you call him something else like Billy Jones for example?

This person just uploaded Benoit shirt images that got him banned.

So can you still create him at all or just logos about him? What if you make him, and it's obviously him, but you call him something else like Billy Jones for example?

Dude didn't get banned for his Benoit caw, there are more than a few Benoits on CC, they've been up for several days and not a single one looks even slightly like him.

You never know. WWE has severed any acknowledgment of Benoit's existence. They might have told 2K to ban/penalize anyone who makes reference to him, be it trademark logos or his name. If this IS true, that sucks. Whether they like it or not, Benoit played a large role in the WWE.

Since I'm a member here I'll address this myself to answer some issues about this.

Firstly I did not cheat in the game. I don't have the means to do so and I honestly hate playing ranked online matches for the same reason most people do. I had a 1- 1 record prior to the ban and that was only because I played to get the easy trophy.

In relation to what I uploaded. The logos on my account were a modified Canadian flag, a tapout logo, a death proof skull logo and 2 Benoit logos and no they did not say anything about the murders. The Benoit logos were the last thing I uploaded before I got the ban message the next night. The only other thing I did that night was attempt to play the game through PS Vita.

After the ban I contacted Marcus via twitter and his response was "most likely inappropriate content".

I also reached out to 2K support and this was their response.

"Hello Alkohal, Thank you for contacting 2K Support. We are aware of the situation regarding players getting banned for no apparent reason. It is a frustrating and unfortunate situation and we understand what you are going through. We would like to apologize for this inconvenience. Our developers are currently working on the matter and are trying to make a patch to resolve the problem as soon as possible. We take this case very seriously and we are putting all our effort in rectifying the situation. For the moment please bear with us.

Kind regards, Kevin R.

2K Support"

I still have no actual reasoning for the ban, I'm assuming its the Benoit logo since there absolutely nothing else I did since getting the game.

I've seen a lot of Benoit CAWs. To be fair I don't know why anyone would want to create him. Watching his matches is one thing, playing as a child murderer is another.

Some of us are still fans of his work. He was a great wrestler; I don't care about his personal life

I've seen a lot of Benoit CAWs. To be fair I don't know why anyone would want to create him. Watching his matches is one thing, playing as a child murderer is another.

I don't want this to turn into a Benoit debate thread, but really dude?

Not just this but if anyone uploads copyrighted images you run the risk of being banned.

If that were the case, wouldn't the people who uploaded the Brock Lesnar sponser logos & Batista's Gracie logo also've been banned? I'm planning on uploading like two custom Mysterio 619 logos for the custom attire I'll create for him, so I don't see what the problem is honestly.

70% of the logos on CC are trademarked logos. That means almost the entire CC user base should be banned. That's absurd.

Doesn't change the fact that its still a rule. Its like complaining to the cop that everyone in front of you was speeding, its still against the law. Just sucks that you got bopped for it

And that's completely ignoring the fact that since paint tool texture hacking was discovered copyrighted logos have been on CC without bans.

Per 2Ks own TOS regarding uploads.

Inappropriate and/or lewd content: nudity, profanity, racism, hate-speech.

Illegally modified Superstar attributes.

Illegally modified Superstar move-sets.

Bullying other users.

Examples: users that are part of the same clan insulting the victim via reviews of their content, or making a degrading CAS of victim.

Uploading content with the intent of exploiting gameplay and damaging the gameplay environment. Examples: freezing finishers, invisible Superstars, hacked move-sets, gender-swapped Superstars. (Diva that can fight male Superstars and vice-versa)

I see nothing about copyrighted logos.

Archived