Is it really that bad?

WH!!

Hey guys

So I've been reading through some reviews & stuff where people are claiming that this game is awful & even the worst WWE game they've ever played. (Personally I think no WWE game can be worse than WWF Raw for Xbox & SvR '08) From your perspective, is the game really as bad as people are making it out to be?

I'm not a big CAW person, but I create some every now & then as well as edit superstars attires to my own liking like in Raw 2/No Mercy. Personally, hearing about all the glitches & stuff is what has me nervous to save data due to those losing their progress & even playing the game.

I won't be on 2K15 until about Thursday evening or Friday on Xbox One, don't have my hopes up that we'll get a patch before then to stop the save glitch, but it's wishful thinking.

What has your experience been with the game so far?

I like it. It may not be worth 60$ but i enjoyed it. Gameplay is more realistic then ever and presentation is best in a series. Yes, there is lack of roster, match types and season mode storylines are no better than universe rivalries, but gameplay saved game for me

Depends. Obviously the castrated creation suite and the lack of modes are objectively shitty. But Gameplay wise, it's definitely different. I think it's just a matter of preference. I hate the gameplay. Feels slow, unresponsive and undynamic. To me, it's the worst game I've ever played in the series. But if you like it, it'll be great because of all the new animations and transitions.

It seemed very much like a game worth waiting for. If they couldn't wait to put out a game worth 60 dollars, then I'll wait until the 30 dollar game they made to get down to the right price.

If you're in a big hurry, plenty of people are disappointed in the game. You can get it within a week at a local gamestop. It'll be 11 bucks lower if you have a power up pro card.

I'm not in a hurry though. I'll rent it to check it out and then buy it on Live when it goes on sale with the DLC being discounted too.

I'm excited about the improvements in game play I've heard about and like the modern roster. Edit a Superstar is a wish come true for moat of us. Created characters will finally not be compromised by the crotch blur. The fact they embraced the idea of importing logos is kind of mind blowing.

So yeah, they crushed it on some long needed/wanted improvements and that excites me for the future of the series.

But losing so much like entrance animations, tons of created options from Divas to moves, 75 created character slots and so much more is a big universal negative.

And as a matter of opinion I'd really enjoyed the story modes the last few years. These showcases have potential to be great but none of the DLC really interests me so it's very limited at 2 story's to follow. Then you have what's said to be a shoddy career mode, and the single play non exhibition experience doesn't justify the price tag.

So yeah, when I weigh it with the entertainment I'll get against the money I'll spend? Not happening at full retail.

As long as the gameplay is good, mycareer is okay (Not perfect) & I can create custom attires for in-game superstars/divas that I won't fear losing, then its sounds all fine for me. I've never been big in CAW leagues or making stuff like that, I have almost never created beyond 25 CAWs/edits. Just a few original CAWs, custom attires & I'm cool, Custom HD logos seem to be one of the coolest additions.

I like it. It may not be worth 60$ but i enjoyed it. Gameplay is more realistic then ever and presentation is best in a series. Yes, there is lack of roster, match types and season mode storylines are no better than universe rivalries, but gameplay saved game for me

Paying for 40 is one thing. But its kinda taking the piss when they want 80 for the Hogan edition, 20 for showcase and then want extra for wcw and moves pack.

i never undertstood the hate that SvR 08 got.

Me either. Certainly better than 2009 and 2010, imo. I had a lot of fun with it.

As for the topic question, I guess it depends on how much you like the current roster. It doesn't have a "creation suite" anymore, as most create modes were cut out. It has a half assed CAW mode instead. These issues are important enough for me that I have literally no reason to buy the game.

No, the game has some fantastic aspects. Visually stunning and the game play is a lot better. It just isn't as robust in the create areas as it was before. There are some match types that aren't available as well. But overall, it's not a bad game at all. Worst since '08? That's laughable, not even close. That award goes to SVR11. Anyway, it's worth playing. I preferred 2K14's single player mode with wrestlemania, and that game easier had a better roster.

Look at it this way, the aspects taken out are disappointing, but for the most part what is still left in the game is miles better than before.

No, the game has some fantastic aspects. Visually stunning and the game play is a lot better. It just isn't as robust in the create areas as it was before. There are some match types that aren't available as well. But overall, it's not a bad game at all. Worst since '08? That's laughable, not even close. That award goes to SVR11. Anyway, it's worth playing. I preferred 2K14's single player mode with wrestlemania, and that game easier had a better roster.

Look at it this way, the aspects taken out are disappointing, but for the most part what is still left in the game is miles better than before.

At least SvR 11 actually processed the input you gave it.

I personally don't like the game all too much. I'll give it a 6/10. Gameplay, presentation, graphics and whatnot are cool...but the creation suite and pretty much everything else that was removed from 2K14 doesn't make it too good.

Not to mention the fact that personally, while the gameplay is good and a major upgrade from the arcade-like feel of the last games, there's still a lot of shit that annoys me about it. Repeated reversal animations and the repetition of AI's offense and whatnot is really displeasing. It's small things like superstars getting up quick as *Censored* after getting hit with a finisher/foreign object, etc. The chain wrestling shit is kind of annoying. No entrances online, AT ALL...which is a pretty big *censored*ing deal.

Some problems would've easily been noticeable and should've been fixed. One example is logos moving and going darker when editing other parts. They promoted face textures. Slap one on and then go to change skin colour to match. Only problem is your logo loses it's transparency. I know the work around for this but you shouldn't have to *Censored* about. There is no way the developers didn't know about this but released the game anyway as it was. So then it makes you ask questions about other problems in the game. 2K have already shown they don't give a shit about their customers where this series is concerned. A great start from them.

I actually really like the game. While not having things we have had in previous years sucks majorly, I'm still having lots of fun with the game, and I usually spend half of my game time in creation modes (even though they're severely lacking this year).

I think the game is great it doesn't have everything that familiar fans are used to. I feel that WWE games built a great foundation and now has some work to do to make this a really great game. It starts with things like a better roster, fine-tuning match types, fixing online, and to modes like My Career and Universe mode. Still keeping an open mind.

Archived