pinning

josesaladbar

Only difference other than the way the bar looks that i've seen is that it shows you where you were when you tried to get it in to the red. Other than that, it feels the exact same as 2K14s pin metre to me.

I had no problems with it so far...

infact...it's easier than last year to me....

you must be clairvoyant or something then sir! even if you can miraculously hit the 1mm window, its not fair anyway, because the computer would always kick out with medium energy. i know its a finisher, but when youre damage is only yellow, give us a damn chance! this just happened twice in a row and i almost threw my xbox at the tv. easy should be *censored*ing easy! i dread to think what normal is like! jesus christ

you must be clairvoyant or something then sir! even if you can miraculously hit the 1mm window, its not fair anyway, because the computer would always kick out with medium energy. i know its a finisher, but when youre damage is only yellow, give us a damn chance! this just happened twice in a row and i almost threw my xbox at the tv. easy should be *censored*ing easy! i dread to think what normal is like! jesus christ

Never happened to me and I'm playing on Legend difficulty

Never happened to me and I'm playing on Legend difficulty

never an issue at all? well maybe you are clairvoyant then! or just have super reflexes or play videogames all day every day? me, i work, barely get 2 hours on a game a night if im lucky. i dont like spending £40 to feel *censored*ing humiliated by it, these things sgould be adjustable for a casual gamer or a hardcore gamer. im a bit older now and i like games for recreation, to be able to do them my way, for enjoyment after work. i know every year, people on this forum have asked for the game to be harder, i understand that if you can play 12 hours a day, but its at the detriment of the guy who plays this casually. whatever the game, easy should mean easy! people should be able to tailor the game to their individual abilities in this day and age

I'm nothing of the things you acuse me to be.

I simply have never experienced the problem that you apparently had to face.

Ofcourse there have been minimum bars, but that only happens when I'm on my last health bar and even then only after finishers or multiple signature moves.

I'm nothing of the things you acuse me to be.

I simply have never experienced the problem that you apparently had to face.

Ofcourse there have been minimum bars, but that only happens when I'm on my last health bar and even then only after finishers or multiple signature moves.

id understand it if you had absolutely no stamina or energy but this has happened when the compurt has literally reversed 3 grapple moves and then your first attempt at a finisher. if the computer had only yellow damage, id expect it to kick out every time. give us a decent pin escape system based on energy left, maybe even something to do with stamina, rather than being punished because you had a finisher reversed?

A finisher is a finisher. It IS a miracle in real life (most of the time) if someone manages to kick out of one. So I don't even think that would be an issue.

Like I said...I haven't experienced that yet at all and as far as I can tell, the kick-out metre is ability, stamina, health and skill based. Many/Some abilities reduce the kick-out bar for the opponent under certain circumstances for example.

A finisher is a finisher. It IS a miracle in real life (most of the time) if someone manages to kick out of one. So I don't even think that would be an issue.

Like I said...I haven't experienced that yet at all and as far as I can tell, the kick-out metre is ability, stamina, health and skill based. Many/Some abilities reduce the kick-out bar for the opponent under certain circumstances for example.

well if you can offer any tips that would be nice. for me though, the pin meter really needs to change. maybe even adapting the chain grapple system to work with pins? i could see that, the circle fills slower the more injured you are, making it imperative that you find the right direction earlier? that would definitely feel less of a raping than the one it gives you now

I agree. It's ridiculous. It's definitely not the same as last years game. We actually had a chance in the last game. This time around it's horrible. Too fast and the red line where we need to reach is way too small just after one finisher.

glad someone agrees. im on xbox one by the way. reversals and prompts are the other big issue i have. reversals just seem inconsistent. comebacks are now seemingly impossible to do and impossible to block. the one go ive had at the showcase money in the bank match was ruined because i got my comeback, wasnt even given a prompt for the second move, of course, cena then got his, i pressed the corresponding button as soon as it came up, to no avail, then he pinned me and i had no hope in hell of kicking out. for a similar reason it took me about 30 flipping goes to get triple h in the coffin! and this is still all on the apparently 'easy' level!

I've owned and played every wrestling game there is on both Playstation (1, 2, 3 and now 4) and some on Nintendo and yes, this year the pinning system is a bit more frustrating. I wouldn't have minded it if they kept resiliency in as I always used it in epic matches to try and recreate moments where both wrestlers kick out of each other's finishers. This year however, I sometimes get pinned after a strike, only cause I'm low on health and stamina. Last year they made it near impossible to get pinned from certain moves (weak strikes and grapples).

My only issue is that the bar moves ridiculously fast this year, wish there was an option in the settings to slow it down. Sheesh, even when the strike zone is huge, I sometimes miss it three times in a row. And I understand it needing to move pretty quick in order to get 3 chances to hit it, but it's kind of maddening to get pinned before they even get their signature, haha

Probably a bad idea but I always thought the game should switch into slow mo during the pin sequence and you'd get one chance to hit the strike zone per count.

I totally agree on this. I was Reigns vs Batista in Universe Mode. He reversed the spear and whipped me into the corner. Whooped my butt a bit and I fell sitting in the corner. He kicked me a couple of times and when I fell out, he went for the pin. The meter wasn't tiny, but the cursor was unbelievably quick. Didn't kick out. This is just one of many examples. I love that pin meter system, but last year nailed it. It's a bit too fiddly this year.

Archived