*SPOILER* My MyCareer Review

EstebanThe17

So I don't usually post somekind of rant thread but I'm pissed off about MyCareer mode.

Honestly, MyCareer is a goddamn disgrace.

When I heard the mode will be included it reminded me of the SvR 07 career mode, which I enjoyed a lot. Customizing your own "lockerroom", having regular feuds etc.

*HEAVY SPOILER ALERT*

So I started out my career like everyone else in the Performance Center, it was kinda obvious that that green dude and I will cross paths sooner or later so that got me hooked a bit into the mode.

I went on to NXT to play countless dark matches before getting a title shot, which I screwed up at first, I was kinda pissed that there wasn't a real rivalry going on for the title with me and Neville, but I thought that may come at a later stage. So I went on with my second try and won the NXT title in a not existent feud without any verbal action or anything. I had to defend the title every week to prove myself and lost the title in the 4th week against Zayn only to win it back the week later, so far so good.

I came to superstars and main event, had to feud in somekind of "interesting" feud with Regal and the green dude because I refused to tag with Regal once, as I want to be a heel. But yeah, it's not the big show with feuds like smackdown and RAW where the big feuds happen so I went on to play so many pointless dark matches before getting tired of it and hitting everyone with a chair. After I learned that this *censored*s up my MyCareer progress as I lose fans (yeah, being a heel makes me lose fans) I stopped and became a face by just winning matches again.
I signed Zeb Colter and gave myself a Real American gimmick in the hope to chase the US-title but I never got that titleshot.

Finally I arrived at SmackDown and had a feud with Daniel Bryan, I decided to hit him with a low blow (this is the only time I could select a heel/face thing during a cutscene) to become a heel again. That unfortunately ment that Zeb drops me cause he doesn't manage heels (yeah, thats right, Zebby does not manage heels...) so I got myself Paul Heyman as a manager which surprised me even more, because he aswell only manages face superstars.
I won the PPV match against D-Bry, leveled myself to an 97 overall becoming the strongest on the roster. After that storyline I found myself fighting dark matches again for 1 or 2 months before being attacked by The Shield for no obvious reason, who I defeated as well before being back to dark matches.
I went on to have somekind of mini feud, of course like all the others no promos, just random cutscenes, with Randy and Batista who I selected as my favourite tag team of all time.
I went back to dark matches.

Then I could select appearing on the Royal Rumble for the next (4th) year. I won it and got the right to face WWE Champ D-Bry at WM after probably 6 months of dark matches. Before WM I was again randomly attacked by The Shield leading to a random 6 man tag team match with The Shield taking on me, Sheamus and Xavier Woods (WHAT THE *Censored*?!). I gave up on the mode then but still wanted to Main Event WM and win the title for the achievement.

At WM I got my first(!) title shot on the main roster ever, I had no chance at tag titles, no us/intercontinental or world title. and the buildup was spectacular. D-Bry just tweeted out to me and says he's looking forward to the match 1 week before the match when I had to take on CM Punk to not lose my #1 contender spot.

Fast forward I won the title at WM and after that, I couldn't believe my eyes, I got a tweet from HHH that I'm on the same level as people like Rock, SCSA and Hogan and that I will be retiring(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) after my next PPV where I had the chance to either fight the green dude, Daniel Bryan or pass the torch to some new upcoming guy.

But guess what, there is no build-up for that match, I found myself as the REIGNING DEFENDING FUTURE HALL OF FAMER doing DARK MATCHES again. Thats it, I'm done with that mode.

This career mode has got to be the biggest joke I have ever seen.

No promos or voices, even the guy in NBA's my Career can speak.
Heyman only manages face superstars, same with Zeb, AJ Lee and Summer Rae - WTF?!

Dark matches no matter how many 4,5 or 5* matches I put on.
ONE title shot after 4 in game years.
NOT ONE halfway decent feud.

FORCED to retire?!

I wasn't overly excited about MyCareer, but this is beyond a joke.
I hope Universe and Showcase mode are going to keep me busy for the next few weeks, but this game is probably the shortest time I'll keep playing a WWE game.

Do you guys have a similar bad career or is it just my bad luck?

I've had a different experience.. I got a U.S. Title shot when I was on main event, I ended up losing it when I got brought up to Smackdown. Once on Smackdown I had a mini fued with Orton. Then "The Green Guy" took me out and I ended up fighting him at Mania. Then I got a World Title Shot at Summerslam. I haven't made it to the RAW roster yet.

I feel like I'm just doing matches. Recently I was defending the NXT title and I'm on Smackdown. Shit all had happened, so I thought I'd drop it and participate in a dark match and tune up match. I've only done two so far so nothing has happened. I feel that I wasted my time because I'm almost forced to retire. (Which is some bullshit)

I feel like I'm just doing matches. Recently I was defending the NXT title and I'm on Smackdown. Shit all had happened, so I thought I'd drop it and participate in a dark match and tune up match. I've only done two so far so nothing has happened. I feel that I wasted my time because I'm almost forced to retire. (Which is some bullshit)

WWE will not allow anyone to surpass John Cena's World Title reigns even in the games LOL!

I feel you man. it's just ridiculous because there are no promos or your guy can't talk, I mean he can talk on NBA Career mode but not in WWE games?! So many things pissing me off and then I read that some people actually enjoy the mode and I'm left wondering if they just enjoy playing dark matches all the time or if my personal career just became shit for whatever reason.

This game is becoming a 3/10 in my eyes. Seriously.

You've been bad mouthing the game for a while. You've never given them credit where it's due.

I give them credit for awesome graphics and animations, edit a superstar mode what else is there to give them credit for? yeah I'm always bashing a bad game, whats wrong with that? Actually previous years i was more positive about upcoming and already released games by THQ that most people were here, so I'm not a person that jumps on any bandwagon or anything.

I just had to retire at WM without a real storyline against a random CAW. I was WWE champ, but didn't wear the belt during my entrance or anything.
I really hope for you guys that you won't have to suffer such a shitty career like mine. Anyway, I'm retired now so I'm gonna be a hall of famer.. so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

I haven't had any storylines, I've had mini feuds but they were nothing to get excited about(They use story designer scenes). Only unlocked NXT guys and Bill DeMot. I've heard people getting triple powerbombed by Shield and what not but not me.

I believe you only unlock NXT superstars, Bill & Regal.

No i actually drop the NXT title to Rusev and it catapult me from NXT to Superstars and now I'm not too far away to done Main Event and gone to SD.

I defeated Regal on his retirement match on a PPV, HiAC if i can remember correctly. I unlocked Graves, Zayn, and Regal so far. Does Neville came along with NXT Arena and its titles? And do i still have to go long way to get them?

Archived