Wrestle Kingdom 9 1/4/15 Results

AssaultDriver720

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JR seems so lost in this. Striker is killing it, but the insane fast paced tag stuff seems like it confuses ol' JR. Great show though

He was marking the hell out for Suzuki/Sakuraba though :lol:

lmao right back in his wheelhouse. No superkicks, no 450s, no tagging between 8 guys, just rasslin! hahaha

On Sunday, Jan. 4, Jeff Jarretts newly formed Global Force Wrestling will team up with New Japan Wrestling to air Wrestle Kingdom 9? live for those in the United States. The event will be available on certain cable and satellite providers on pay-per-view, beginning at 2 a.m. EST. WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross will serve on the American commentary team for the event, and has been rumored to be alongside another former WWE commentator in Matt Striker.

According to a recent report from PWInsider, Jeff Jarrett has been in talks with the lucha libre promotion Asistencia Asesoría y Administración, known as AAA. Jarrett is looking for GFW and AAA to team up in a similar way as NJPW did with Jarretts promotion. The rumored deal would see AAA events come to pay-per-view in the United States, co-branded by GFW.

In late 2014, AAA launched its Lucha Underground television series, which airs in the United States. The promotion has built some momentum heading into 2015, and will be adding former WWE Superstar Alberto Del Rio, now known as Alberto El Patron, to its television series.

http://www.wrestlingrumors.net/jeff-jarrett-reportedly-talking-aaa-wrestling-promotion/33010/

The event was amazing. They literally put together a little bit of everything for everyone. Fast paced tag matches, a brutal heavyweight match, a damn MMA match that held up very well on a pro wrestling show, an amazing Jr Heavyweight match, and then very solid pro wrestling matches that hold up anywhere in the world

Thoughts:

>Kenny Omega is a mess of a man, but holy crap is he amazing

>TMDK might be my favorite tag team in the world, and Shane's dropkick rivals anyone's

>Marafuji has the presence of a legend. Right from the time you see him walking down the ramp, up to the ring, to his movements, the dude is a star. Trained by Misawa? Yeah, need more of that guy

>JR needs to not ever say TOJI MOCK A BEE again even though he marked out for that match

>Nakamura vs Ibushi is match of the year. Ibushi mocking him and trying to stoop to Nakamura's level of violence to win was amazing. I marked at nearly 5am for Ibushi hitting BomaYe. Nakamura is a damned star and is probably the most charismatic man ever. Don't need to speak Japanese to know how this guy comes across. Ibushi is another level now too, legit Heavyweight contender.

>Okada vs Tanahashi is what you expected. More big fight feel than any match WWE has put on in ages, and they delivered. Tanahashi kicking out of the Rainmaker.....I lost it. I thought for sure Okada was winning this match, but they made the right call with Tanahashi, and then mocking the crying Okada. I kept waiting for the Bullet Club ending, but glad it didn't happen.

Last of all, JR doesn't know what to do with himself during matches like the 4 way tag match. Way too much going on for him, and I felt like he was that old man listening to his great grandson's music for the first time. "Are we about to see a superkick party?" Said it like he had no clue what it even was.

Just finished watching this and absolutely loved it, skipped the Jr. Title match though cos Omega is bleh.

• Loved the rumble and I marked so hard for the legends, literally jumped out of my seat for Fujiwara and I loved that Yuji mother*censored*ing Nagata won. Hope he gets a shot at the title now.
  • Junior Tag was fun, a bit movezy but not overkill
  • The two multi man tags were fine. Archer is still dreadful but that chokeslam was insane. It looked like a small animal had died on Marufuji's head.
  • Dissapointed by MiSu/Saku, as this was what to see most but it ended up kinda just there. Maybe Saku is too beat up to do anymore idk.
  • Ishii and Makabe are everything that I love about pro wrestling.
  • Tag match was good, I kept fearing that the Bullet Club would win or rather Goto would lose as usual but this was the right result and it was fun
  • Styles/Naito was really great, legit marked out that crazy leg lock thingy and thought that would be the end.
  • Holy Shit, Nakamura/Ibushi was outstanding even better than their last match. *censored*ing violent and wonderful, when Nakamura just punched Ibushi straight in the face and just had this massive grin on his face will forever be what I think of when I think about this show. And holy *Censored* was that German Suplex insane.
  • Okada/Tana was great but god am I sick of loltanawins, I tottally get why WWE fans get annoyed when Cena wins because I feel the same way about Tanahashi. I understand that this is good booking as it extends the rivalry and it would be a great moment if next year Okada FINALLY beats him at Wrestle Kingdom after failing twice, but I would have loved to see Okada win now. Still a great match and I'm not normally a big fan of their matches together

Nakamura's entrance was awesome, not as good as the pole dancers from last year but still awesome. He is the coolest man alive and everything a pro wrestler should be.

I've really rambled on but yeah I loved this.

Just got done watching, *censored*ing amazing. NJPW delivering as always.

I watched with Strike and JR on commentary and was pleasantly surprised. Felt a bit weird to watch NJPW with english commentary but at the end it felt very natural to me.

My personal highlights.

- The Rumble, seeing some japanese legends mixed with the current guys was cool to see. Also, Yoshi-Hashi part of the final 2 made me quite happy.

- 4 way opener, exactly what i hoped for and more, perfect way to kick of the actual show.

- Suzuki vs. Sakuraba. I legit thought one of them was gonna die in that ring.

- Ishii vs. Makabe. Holy hell that was brutal but in a very good way. For sure a match that i'll rewatch quite a few times this year.

- TMDK in New Japan. More please!

- Kenny Omega becoming IWGP Jr Heavyweight champion. Not exactly the Kenny i'm used to seeing but he plays his Heel persona really well already. Hopefully he gets a solid title reign.

- Nakamura vs. Ibushi. Everything i hoped for and more, this told such a great story. Ibushi being able to hang with Nakamura every step of the way, becoming cocky at some point and even mocking the mannerisms of Nakamura. But in the end it was Nakamura just being too much. Just wow. 5* classic right there.

- Shibata getting gold in New Japan!!! And with his best friend no less. Such a feel good moment.

- Okada vs. Tanahashi. After an already amazing event this was the perfect way to end the show. Just an incredible match, near falls at the correct times, great pacing. Yeah, this was pro-wrestling in it's purest form.

Good luck to any other promotion in the world this year to top it.

Archived