"This game really isn't worth anyone's time"

CM_EDGE

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I played the game today

its bot amazing a la GTA but its good, the gameplay is refreshing the graphics are amazing, it depends on how u look at it really

So you have the game? Could you check how many attires caws can have?

I *censored*ing knew it! Called this a few days ago.

There's gonna be a lot of pissed off people tomorrow, backlash is gonna be epic in sick way.

I never really trust reviews before a game launches for at least a week.

For anyone wondering, since i've done it 3 years in a row now, I'll probably do a quick thread review of the game a week or two after launch. Anyone who's read my previous ones know I'm pretty good about avoiding my bias's in them.

Also, am I crazy or should I not hold the belief that a wrestling game should be reviewed by a wrestling fan, or else finer points are missed?

I never really trust reviews before a game launches for at least a week.

For anyone wondering, since i've done it 3 years in a row now, I'll probably do a quick thread review of the game a week or two after launch. Anyone who's read my previous ones know I'm pretty good about avoiding my bias's in them.

Also, am I crazy or should I not hold the belief that a wrestling game should be reviewed by a wrestling fan, or else finer points are missed?

your right, not a typical game reviewer. wrestling fans know what to look for, normal game reviewers don't

What kills me most about all of the bitching, for years all we've wanted is decent gameplay, ignore whatever bells & whistles get attached to the series to disguise the fact that the game is as stale as year old dog poo. Finally gameplay is the main focuses and everyone bitches about what's been removed, seriously gameplay is good everything else is a distraction nothing more

What kills me most about all of the bitching, for years all we've wanted is decent gameplay, ignore whatever bells & whistles get attached to the series to disguise the fact that the game is as stale as year old dog poo. Finally gameplay is the main focuses and everyone bitches about what's been removed, seriously gameplay is good everything else is a distraction nothing more

but what good is that new improved gameplay if we don't have all that variety of matches to experience and utilize the new gameplay?

I must say compared to years past, this is by far the most I've seen people bitch and complain about WWE games like since the trainwreck known as SvR 2008. At the end of the day, its just a video game some will enjoy, some will hate, life goes on and the world is not going to end because some features were taken out. I understand that 2K tried their best to make it decent, but complaining and fussing over it is just going to make you feel worse, believe me I've been there before.

Don't get me wrong, their marketing strategy was indeed terrible and I feel bad for Marcus having to put up with people attacking and bashing him like he's solely responsible for all this crap, this is not his fault at all, its 2K's. Personally, I don't even know if he'll come back for next year because of how he was treated by users.

For me I'm happy enough with this game, most happy about EAS considering how long I've wanted it & the match types I can live with since some of them haven't been done by WWE in years, like the inferno match. Just goes to show you, no matter how hard or good you have made a game or anything else in that category, you are never going to get 100% positive reception or reviews.

I played the game today

its bot amazing a la GTA but its good, the gameplay is refreshing the graphics are amazing, it depends on how u look at it really

So you have the game? Could you check how many attires caws can have?

I'm not angry about this, sure it's a bummer but considering I'm doing mostly threads I'm not mad.

Regardless, those are fair points. Pay more attention to the message instead of the messenger and it pretty much covers everything significant the game is lacking.

Fair points?

"In terms of graphical improvements, there really isn't that much here. Sure some of the lighting and environments shine a bit more, as well as the character designs, but overall this game really doesn't look a whole lot better than 2K14. A bit disappointing for a NextGen title, seeing as this is the area that most publishers seem to be pushing at the moment."

Tbh I started to notice that only select few people look amazing and everything else looks pretty much like a well lit 2K14 with great shaders. Like, when I look at Cesaro or Batista (the face) I see stuff that just shouldn't look like it does.

Regardless, those are fair points. Pay more attention to the message instead of the messenger and it pretty much covers everything significant the game is lacking.

Fair points?

"In terms of graphical improvements, there really isn't that much here. Sure some of the lighting and environments shine a bit more, as well as the character designs, but overall this game really doesn't look a whole lot better than 2K14. A bit disappointing for a NextGen title, seeing as this is the area that most publishers seem to be pushing at the moment."

Tbh I started to notice that only select few people look amazing and everything else looks pretty much like a well lit 2K14 with great shaders. Like, when I look at Cesaro or Batista (the face) I see stuff that just shouldn't look like it does.

No, its the facial expressions that sometimes throw the faces off. I know because its the same way in Nba 2k15, sometimes players like lebron look spot on and sometimes when theyre smiling or making a weird face they dont look right. But graphically it will be no comparison to 2k14. You won't really see the huge difference until you play it on a HD tv. These youtube clips listed as "1080p" arent really 1080p

Fair points?

No, its the facial expressions that sometimes throw the faces off. I know because its the same way in Nba 2k15, sometimes players like lebron look spot on and sometimes when theyre smiling or making a weird face they dont look right. But graphically it will be no comparison to 2k14. You won't really see the huge difference until you play it on a HD tv. These youtube clips listed as "1080p" arent really 1080p

Yep. The way youtube compresses looks awful, and I believe all videos on it are capped at 30 frames whereas 2K15 supposedly runs at 60.

Fair points?

Fair enough, that may be possible and I could very well change my opinion. It's just the improved graphic seems to be the only REAL improvement and that, according to you, isn't even presented properly, so I'm a little pessimistic about it at the moment.

Fair points?

Fair enough, that may be possible and I could very well change my opinion. It's just the improved graphic seems to be the only REAL improvement and that, according to you, isn't even presented properly, so I'm a little pessimistic about it at the moment.

It was the same for the last gen games though, they looked much better on a HD screen compared to youtube. But if you notice, the trailers 2K released, look much better than the footage coming from regular people who got the game early. I think that's cause they upload a less compressed version.

I don't take these reviews with anything more than a grain of salt. I read the shitty reviews about the 360 version and still bought it. I wasn't disappointed with my purchase and I don't think I'll be disappointed with the next gen version either.

Look at this shit....The guy behind the review must be high while writing this...

I agree that they *censored*ed up almost everything on the game but this really?

Graphics

In terms of graphical improvements, there really isn't that much here. Sure some of the lighting and environments shine a bit more, as well as the character designs, but overall this game really doesn't look a whole lot better than 2K14. A bit disappointing for a NextGen title, seeing as this is the area that most publishers seem to be pushing at the moment.

Archived