"This game really isn't worth anyone's time"

CM_EDGE

Review from Moviepilot: http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/11/17/wwe-2k15-review-for-xbox-one-ps4-this-may-be-hard-to-believe-2441881?lt_source=external,manual,manual

5/10

Players can no longer create Divas, Arenas, Belts, Finishers or give custom theme music to wrestlers. There are NO handicap features in the game, at all! Here's an extensive list for you of the creation modes that have been removed: Create a Diva, Create a Title, Create an Arena, Custom Themes, All the custom entrances, other than the guy talking on his phone and Create a Finisher.

1v1 features missing: Inferno, Ladder, I Quit, 2 out of 3 Falls, Special Referee, Casket, 3 Stages of Hell and Backstage Brawl. 2v2 features missing: Tornado Tag, Extreme Rules, Table, Mixed, Ladder, Hell in a Cell and more! They've even removed most of these from 3 person and 4 person matches, though most do feature in MyCareer.

Honestly, 2K drastically reduced what makes a wrestling game enjoyable for both fans of wrestling and those of the great modes featured in previous titles.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And i would bet my ass that no other "real" person/reviewer in this business, would even recognize more than 2-3 things thats missing and whats still in.

So i think, as a hardcore fan, this is one of the best reviews you can get.

That Sting picture is indeed a big fail. :D

Regardless, those are fair points. Pay more attention to the message instead of the messenger and it pretty much covers everything significant the game is lacking.

Fair points?

"In terms of graphical improvements, there really isn't that much here. Sure some of the lighting and environments shine a bit more, as well as the character designs, but overall this game really doesn't look a whole lot better than 2K14. A bit disappointing for a NextGen title, seeing as this is the area that most publishers seem to be pushing at the moment."

Regardless, those are fair points. Pay more attention to the message instead of the messenger and it pretty much covers everything significant the game is lacking.

Fair points?

"In terms of graphical improvements, there really isn't that much here. Sure some of the lighting and environments shine a bit more, as well as the character designs, but overall this game really doesn't look a whole lot better than 2K14. A bit disappointing for a NextGen title, seeing as this is the area that most publishers seem to be pushing at the moment."

For being a review, that's indeed typed up like a load of crap and yeah, he's exaggerating a lot, but apart from the graphics point there really isn't anything that seems made-up or purposely made out to be bad. It really does seem like he's bashing the game for the most part but other than his way of expressing, it seems like a fair summary of the game. After all, it is indeed missing a lot of significant features which were appreciated so the game may not be up to the mark after all.

Fair points?

For being a review, that's indeed typed up like a load of crap and yeah, he's exaggerating a lot, but apart from the graphics point there really isn't anything that seems made-up or purposely made out to be bad. It really does seem like he's bashing the game for the most part but other than his way of expressing, it seems like a fair summary of the game. After all, it is indeed missing a lot of significant features which were appreciated so the game may not be up to the mark after all.

Meh, I think some his points are extremely weak and incredibly nitpicky

"The game's submission system has actually been revamped though. The "Breaking Point" gauge has been replaced with a two part circular gauge. The mechanic of the system remains mostly the same, but players only have to mash a single button rather than all four. To be honest, this wasn't as much fun as wildly mashing away at the buttons to keep your opponent down, it's now far too easy and takes away that thrill element of waiting to see if they can get out."

Come on, - does that shit honestly matter? Just mash all the buttons and pretend. Same outcome.

"Though it is only unlocked after completion of MyCareer, which makes it a bit annoying that you have to go through a mode that you may not be entirely interested in."

So he's fine with people being uninterested in a selling point, but at the same time rags on 2k for not including match types that are potentially never touched by a lot of players? That doesn't swing. I could not care less about inferno or casket match missing - broken match types that offered nothing but gimmicky minigames to an otherwise normal match.

It's a shit review, he barely touched on the modes or the new stuff like edit a superstar and revamped CAWmode. He's not reviewing this game on it's own merits, he's reviewing it as if it was 2k14.

To be honest, while I know I'm gonna love the game, I have a feeling the reviews for this game won't be great and I'm kinda pleased by that. It will only make them work harder next year and also teach them a lesson: that you can't build a new beautiful 3 story house but only put in 1 bathroom! For somethings, time and/or resources can't be used as an excuse.

The removal of match types/modes will sadly overshadow all the great things this game offers which will lead to reviews like this one.

Not in my eyes though.

(I will be happy with my new beautiful 3 story house that has 1 bathroom xD)

At the end of the day reviews are merely opinions. No different from me saying Die Hard 4 was a shitty film (which it isn't for the record, just throwing an example out).

You could clearly tell this guy wasn't a wrestling fan or a wrestling gaming fan. Just looking for that paycheck. For the first time WWE2K15 actually rewards the player playing good, competitive wrestling.

I played the game today

its bot amazing a la GTA but its good, the gameplay is refreshing the graphics are amazing, it depends on how u look at it really

So you have the game? Could you check how many attires caws can have?

I played the game today

its bot amazing a la GTA but its good, the gameplay is refreshing the graphics are amazing, it depends on how u look at it really

So you have the game? Could you check how many attires caws can have?

Archived