WWE 2K15 Creation Suite Blog - More Create modes scrapped

TheDeaconBosco

I honestly give up. It's like talking to children who cry for chocolate and then get upset when they get it.

What good is the chocolate if half of the wrapper is off an it's partly melted??
Creation Suite with lots of fancy modes is the wrapper on a chocolate bar. You don't need the wrap to enjoy the bar because the main enjoyment is the chocolate itself..which is gameplay

Uh wrong. The wrapper is the creation modes, but the chocolate is "replay value" and if the chocolate is melted, there is no replay value. The wrapper is what keeps it together.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

first and foremost, this a wwe game. id rather have a great game based on a licenced product than an average game where you can make what you want. it took them 6-7 years on the last gen to get the creation suite to where it was. yes, maybe this year seems a setback, but imagine what it could be in a few years time?

They shouldn't have subtracted, just added and improved.

"SAME OLD SHIT!!!"

Thats a pretty big sacrifice just to have edit a wrestler, logo importer, a tiny ring, NXT to Legend mode and some stupid chain grapple mini game.

Edit a wrestler and the logo importer are probably my most wanted additions ever.

but not sure its worth it. Especially since there's only 25 CAW slots to use....and the huge amount of dl/upload restrictions, will probably heavily impede the logo system.

The real question is how butchered is the CAW mode? It seems like the edit wrestler mode is just Superstar Heads again. Meaning u can't change the hair. So then 2k wouldn't have to have every in-game wrestlers hair in the CAW mode.

I'm thinking there won't be much CAW options for hair, beards, clothes etc.

Edit a superstar is ALOT better than superstar heads, superstar heads always looked weird and they had a caw body plus there was only like 10 head to choose from. Just look at the Rollins updated attire, the body and everything looks perfect, so you can't change the hair and facial hair thats not a big deal. As long as i can keep everyones attires updated i'm fine.

Are you sure we get to edit their bodies too? I don' t think so, because that would mean they had to scan everybody half naked too, in order to get their bodies...

Seth Rollins mentioned they scanned him in his underwear.

is Seth sure those were actually hired professionals scanning him?

"Do u normally do these things at Holiday Inn Express?"

:lol: "goood gooood, now chew on your blond hair suggestively"

"how is this going to make me easier to edit in the game"

"what game?"

Thats a pretty big sacrifice just to have edit a wrestler, logo importer, a tiny ring, NXT to Legend mode and some stupid chain grapple mini game.

Edit a wrestler and the logo importer are probably my most wanted additions ever.

but not sure its worth it. Especially since there's only 25 CAW slots to use....and the huge amount of dl/upload restrictions, will probably heavily impede the logo system.

The real question is how butchered is the CAW mode? It seems like the edit wrestler mode is just Superstar Heads again. Meaning u can't change the hair. So then 2k wouldn't have to have every in-game wrestlers hair in the CAW mode.

Edit a superstar is ALOT better than superstar heads, superstar heads always looked weird and they had a caw body plus there was only like 10 head to choose from. Just look at the Rollins updated attire, the body and everything looks perfect, so you can't change the hair and facial hair thats not a big deal. As long as i can keep everyones attires updated i'm fine.

Are you sure we get to edit their bodies too? I don' t think so, because that would mean they had to scan everybody half naked too, in order to get their bodies...

Obvious failed attempt at humor?

people are still delusional i see

besides the animation data and obvious audio stuff next gen isnt simply a port, it's a new game, that still under a sub 1 year time constraint

same thing happened with nba when it came to next gen--lost a bunch of features. with wwe having such a larger array of features it was inevitable that it lost some to go into gameplay and graphics and/or improvement of a core feauture--the same thing that happened w/ nba 2k. sure, a aprt of it probably has to do with some marketing bs for the next few years, im sure a lot of it has to do with a lack of resource (time, in this case)

I honestly give up. It's like talking to children who cry for chocolate and then get upset when they get it.

What good is the chocolate if half of the wrapper is off an it's partly melted??
Creation Suite with lots of fancy modes is the wrapper on a chocolate bar. You don't need the wrap to enjoy the bar because the main enjoyment is the chocolate itself..which is gameplay
Uh wrong. The wrapper is the creation modes, but the chocolate is "replay value" and if the chocolate is melted, there is no replay value. The wrapper is what keeps it together.

Quantity over quality ain't much replay value!

I'm pretty sure Rollins said he was scanned in his underwear.

If they did so with every one, then respect for that.

first and foremost, this a wwe game. id rather have a great game based on a licenced product than an average game where you can make what you want. it took them 6-7 years on the last gen to get the creation suite to where it was. yes, maybe this year seems a setback, but imagine what it could be in a few years time?

Its not that simple, they couldn't just copy and paste everything from the old game into this entire new system. Marcus has explained this countless times, they had to scrap everything and build it from the ground up. Its quality over quantity right now, they pushed the game to its limit with what we got this year, if they could have added more they would have.

It's not copy and pasting, it's called not taking modes out. No matter how hard it is to put them back into the new system, wait to release a game until it is a high quality game, don't just release a crap game because it has become a yearly thing. If the game wasnt ready with all the modes and features that 2k14 had just with the new tech then they should have delayed the game or just released it next year.

Again, this is a moot argument if things do get better from here on, and this is a temporary bump in the road. The problem is...what if this becomes the SOP? What if they come up with another excuse next year for why Divas can't be CAW'ed into a game? Why CAA or CAB can't be added to 2K16? How is this not paranoia? Because we went through it, year after year, with THQ. So there is a built in suspicion at what 2K has been doing, why they've been quiet, then drop this on people a week before the game comes out. I'll give them credit for at least telling people before the game came out, and not trying to mislead (kinda) on this.

No one wants this cycle to continue. We should be able to have a full experience, we should be able to have a great playing game and a deep creation suite, not one or the other. At the end of the day, people have a right to their opinion. Simple as that. People can complain about the cuts and swear they aren't going to buy the game, and people can say their excited for the future and are going to buy everything that comes with the game to get the full experience. No one side of the coin is heavier than the other. It still lands face up, one side or the other, and it always has the same value.

I'm pretty sure Rollins said he was scanned in his underwear.

If they did so with every one, then respect for that.

they scanned a fully nude Eva Marie...........and she aint even in the game

Another thing, a lot of people say that they made huge changes to gameplay system. To those people, my comment from another thread:

Lordani66

Gameplay Gameplay Gameplay.

They focused on the right thing this year.

But ... how? They only added the crawling thing, people using ropes to gt up and chain grappling mini game. When 2011 hit it had new animations to people, new weapon physics, much different gameplay, like running from outside the ring using a ladder into the ring, even jumping onto the another ladder that was set up in the ring... How is it that this year people are like "OH WOW MUCH BETTER GAMEPLAY" while it's just a minor improvement. its not like they revamped the gameplay 100%...

Its not that simple, they couldn't just copy and paste everything from the old game into this entire new system. Marcus has explained this countless times, they had to scrap everything and build it from the ground up. Its quality over quantity right now, they pushed the game to its limit with what we got this year, if they could have added more they would have.

It's not copy and pasting, it's called not taking modes out. No matter how hard it is to put them back into the new system, wait to release a game until it is a high quality game, don't just release a crap game because it has become a yearly thing. If the game wasnt ready with all the modes and features that 2k14 had just with the new tech then they should have delayed the game or just released it next year.

They follow WWE's protocol, which is to have a game every year.

"what game?"

"Sure, this scanning system is gonna make you look great in that new Halo game."

"...wait, what?"

You don't think these are huge additions/changes?

What do you want? A jetpack system?

Hahahaha funny. Not.

I say, that people go nuts about gameplay being better etc etc, but we had years with THQ in which they added the same amout to the gameplay, and at the same time they didn' t delete anything from the game (before 12, moves, you know) but they even added...

If 2K has the same contract with WWE as THQ did, the WWE can actually sue 2K if a WWE game is not released every year.

Then they could release it for X360 and PS3 only, and release it in april 2015 for one and ps4, like they did with 2007 (it was released around march 2007 for X360).

"what game?"

"Sure, this scanning system is gonna make you look great in that new Halo game."

"...wait, what?"

The Rollins fan girls would instantly become Halo masters. :lol:

Marcus posted this on 2K Forums regarding no Diva CAWs:

"We're rebuilding -- you may not like it (and in a way, I don't blame you), but understand that we're building things the right way. It's been too long since we did this so you all might not remember what a significant transition is like -- especially since we're not porting."

I understand the reasons, it's just that they should have have been more honest about it. Telling us in like August or September rather than having to find out through a second hand source would be a lot better.

So why does he post it on the 2K forums and not here as well.

The truth? He's a mod on the official forums so they can spin it to their hearts content there by deleting whatever they want.

Actually you are very wrong there. It's the opposite actually when it comes to video games. The more content and modes that are available to play in a game, the more replay value there is. If good graphics and gameplay was all it took to create a game with a lot of replay value then Rockstar could just release a GTA game with superb graphics and very realistic gameplay of just a guy walking down a street. Without the expanded world and other things to do it would get boring fast.

Seriously, I didn't even call the game bad or anything. All I said was that people have the right to be upset with half the reason for them playing the game at all is removed and then having it kept a secret from them. Yeah, it's great that they finally fixed the gameplay, but again, one of the major draws of this series for a lot of people is the creation suite and with that gone, those people won't enjoy the game nearly as much. I just think it's kinda stupid for people who have a legit reason to be upset are being attacked.

You don't think these are huge additions/changes?

What do you want? A jetpack system?

Hahahaha funny. Not.

I say, that people go nuts about gameplay being better etc etc, but we had years with THQ in which they added the same amout to the gameplay, and at the same time they didn' t delete anything from the game (before 12, moves, you know) but they even added...

on the same broken engine. Yes. Not to mention that the new gameplay was broken aswell or useless. Like the stamina system we had in 2007 (maybe earlier) for example...where you have to hold a button in order to regain stamina. That wasn't realistic or usefull gameplay addition at all. It was just...there.

"Hey man its quality not quantity"

xdfho3.jpg

Seriously, I didn't even call the game bad or anything. All I said was that people have the right to be upset with half the reason for them playing the game at all is removed and then having it kept a secret from them. Yeah, it's great that they finally fixed the gameplay, but again, one of the major draws of this series for a lot of people is the creation suite and with that gone, those people won't enjoy the game nearly as much. I just think it's kinda stupid for people who have a legit reason to be upset are being attacked.

It is the same cr*p every year.Untill the game is out and tested by everyone its the holy grail.I suggest you come back here in 2-3 weeks after its released.Its gonna be a burning stake for 2k as much as it was for THQ.Same ppl who are now attacking ppl that are upset will be the first in line to attack 2k once they try out the game and find something they liked in previous years removed or tweaked the way it doesnt suit them anymore.Yet we are the crazy ones that are babies because we are upset that the features we usualy buy the game for got removed.

Archived