CAWs.ws
Facebook Twitter YouTube RSS Feed

Post your transparent PNG tattoo's and logos here!

• Please log in to reply
600 replies to this topic

#21 Aqfitz

Aqfitz

The Guru of Creativity

• Members
  • 8,884 posts
  • SEN (PS3): Aqfitz
  • Twitter: @aqfitz

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:54 AM

Chemical Burn Singlet 

73pBADZ.png

#22 High Flying Maniac

High Flying Maniac

#TheDreadWolfRises

• Members
  • 7,071 posts
  • SEN (PS3): hardyz-wont_DIE
  • Twitter: @Zachery_Clark

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:22 AM

I'm mostly worried about making them too small and having to make them bigger. I want to put as high of quality logos on my CAWs as I can get.

I've been making all my textures at 1500x1500. I'm hoping that we'll find out in the blog tomorrow but personally I'm thinking I should be good with that size. Personally I'm more worried about skin in the texture turning out too light with the CAW lighting. I had that problem a lot last year.

That could be an issue but with some transparency and a few other tweaks, it shouldn't pose as a major problem. And there's going to be a blog tomorrow? Had no idea, thanks for the heads up.

#23 Heroface

Heroface

Jobber

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Gamertag: XT Fred Action
  • SEN (PS3): HeroFace

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:25 AM

Those tattoos... A tip to make them even more easy to use with the new tool would be to do the following:

- Desaturate the image leaving you with a black and white photo.
- up the contrast/levels enough so that the lighter areas of skin start to turn almost white (obviously don't let it distort/burn the image
- set the layer transparency mode to 'multiply'

Now you have only the artwork of the tattoo on a completely transparent background ready to be used on any character model of any skin colour without having to worry about matching edges or even any edge haloing or artefacting.. Try it for yourself if you don't quite understand. You could even use hue/sat/colorize on the end result if you want a different colour other than black eg a more traditional dark blue/green tattoo ink colour

Obviously this will only work for the single colour tattoos or images on a white background but with no white in (since all the white become transparent when multiplied)

Edited by Heroface, 11 November 2014 - 01:26 AM.

#24 KingSheamus

KingSheamus

Jobber

• Banned
  • 113 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:30 AM

Those tattoos... A tip to make them even more easy to use with the new tool would be to do the following:

- Desaturate the image leaving you with a black and white photo.
- up the contrast/levels enough so that the lighter areas of skin start to turn almost white (obviously don't let it distort/burn the image
- set the layer transparency mode to 'multiply'

Now you have only the artwork of the tattoo on a completely transparent background ready to be used on any character model of any skin colour without having to worry about matching edges or even any edge haloing or artefacting.. Try it for yourself if you don't quite understand. You could even use hue/sat/colorize on the end result if you want a different colour other than black eg a more traditional dark blue/green tattoo ink colour

Obviously this will only work for the single colour tattoos or images on a white background but with no white in (since all the white become transparent when multiplied)

I'll give it a go, I was kind of hoping you could blend them with the tools you got on WWE 2k15

#25 Heroface

Heroface

Jobber

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:42 AM

The transparency in the game will work to an extent but you'll still have to play around colour matching with the skin a bit otherwise you'll have to go way too transparent.

Follow the steps I posted and you'll get just that tattoo artwork and it'll be suitable for use on any colour background without being stuck to a skin coloured shape. I'm off work this week to move but I can do one as an example for you when I get back to the studio on Monday.

#26 Monte73

Monte73

Lower Midcard

• Members
  • 950 posts
  • SEN (PS3): monte73
  • Twitter: MikeTheNatural

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:53 AM

Kickpads_zpsdbacdea3.png
Kickpads

MLogo_zpsedb92d9c.png
Logo - Front of the tights. M stands for Mike

Natural_zpse798d11c.png
Back of tights. Natural is the nickname of Mike. "Mike The Natural"

Still polishing it, and will adjust stuff for the game.

#27 KingSheamus

KingSheamus

Jobber

• Banned
  • 113 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:19 AM

xt5pyo7.png

Like this HeroFace?

oPjouTP.png

#28 DaKingHustla

DaKingHustla

New Talent

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Gamertag: DaKingHustla
  • SEN (PS3): DaKingHustla
  • Steam ID: DaKingHustla

Posted 11 November 2014 - 04:21 AM

So how will this thing ultimately work? Will I need to upload pictures myself to use or will I be able to just steal.... I mean.... "download" other people's stuff off of CC?

#29 LuisTX85

LuisTX85

Fire and Brimstone

• Members
  • 9,799 posts
  • SEN (PS3): LuisTX85

Posted 11 November 2014 - 04:58 AM

Can't wait to see people's work on CC. I'll most likely suck at it and just upload my face for my created self and download logos. Should be beyond better than paint tool!

#30 Heroface

Heroface

Jobber

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 09:32 AM

xt5pyo7.png

Like this HeroFace?

oPjouTP.png

Yeah like I said, its not going to work so well with the coloured ones like Jericho's cos obviously you lose the colours doing it like this but the other one is like 90% what I was talking about. You can test it by putting other picture layers behind it and seeing how it shows up (a non tattooed arm would be ideal haha) that way if there's still hard edges you will see then straight away to fix with a soft eraser carefully.

I can't explain more without showing you (Monday). Just remember to put the layer transparency in multiply mode as that is the most important step for the transparency

#31 Graeme Jones

Graeme Jones

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 3,336 posts
  • Gamertag: GraemeJMC
  • SEN (PS3): GraemeJMC
  • Twitter: @GraemeJMC

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:03 AM

Can't wait to see people's work on CC. I'll most likely suck at it and just upload my face for my created self and download logos. Should be beyond better than paint tool!

Same lol, though I'll give it a good shot heh. Like you, I can't wait to see what people come up with.. logos on CC are gonna be great this year with the logo importer.

#32 Stoned Clown

Stoned Clown

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,952 posts
  • Gamertag: WYHA WARCLOWN

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:11 AM

Instead of images of people's arms, can you upload any flash art from magazines so we can decide where to wrap it around a caw

#33 KingSheamus

KingSheamus

Jobber

• Banned
  • 113 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:20 PM

Instead of images of people's arms, can you upload any flash art from magazines so we can decide where to wrap it around a caw

Sure, on my ipad atm so i cant do much, but later bro.

#34 StopTheClocks

StopTheClocks

Lower Midcard

• Members
  • 608 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:43 PM

Ok it's been confirmed the upload size of the image as to be 512x512 pixels or under.

And there's a limit of 8 custom logos per CAW.

Edited by StopTheClocks, 11 November 2014 - 02:45 PM.

#35 Queen Stephanie

Queen Stephanie

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 3,271 posts
  • Gamertag: SixthWeasley

Posted 11 November 2014 - 03:05 PM

Ok it's been confirmed the upload size of the image as to be 512x512 pixels or under.

8 custom logos, but they also said you can use those 8 logos as many times as you want. So you could make a repeating pattern and use it 15 times to cover a singlet or whatnot.

#36 StopTheClocks

StopTheClocks

Lower Midcard

• Members
  • 608 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 03:10 PM

8 custom logos, but they also said you can use those 8 logos as many times as you want. So you could make a repeating pattern and use it 15 times to cover a singlet or whatnot.

Yeah it's ok for that but sometimes you cant just repeat a pattern, you need 10 seperate logos for 10 completely different things.

#37 Anno Domini.

Anno Domini.

Slap De Bass Mon

• Members
  • 6,560 posts
  • SEN (PS3): G_Radderz (Ask me before you add.)

Posted 11 November 2014 - 03:28 PM

Yeah it's ok for that but sometimes you cant just repeat a pattern, you need 10 seperate logos for 10 completely different things.

There's always been a custom logo limit though, at least this time we get the much less restricted low res limit from PT for high res textures of our choice.

#38 KingSheamus

KingSheamus

Jobber

• Banned
  • 113 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 05:46 PM

These images are correctly sized, I feathered them slighty as well... and they blend over skin quite well as I tried it earlier with a blank arm.

KJODGag.png

W2Je82P.png

#39 Orton Punt

Orton Punt

Lower Midcard

• Members
  • 685 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:32 PM

I have no idea how to make images transparent. I want to upload all my personal tattoos lol.

#40 Psycho50595

Psycho50595

New Talent

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • SEN (PS3): Psycho50501
  • Twitter: Psycho_50501

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:38 PM

Here are a few logos I'm using for my personal CAW...

1505061_10152830713369346_57581233267894

9439_10152830713379346_73963998335963885