Star Wars Discussion

Jmerc

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thoroughly enjoyed Skywalker despite it trying to capitalize on series nostalgia a bit too much. And you could tell Ian McDiarmid was having a ball being back as the Emperor.

Overall my series ranking stands like this as of now:

1. The Empire Strikes Back

2. The Force Awakens

3. A New Hope

4. Revenge of the Sith

5. Return of the Jedi

6. The Last Jedi

7. The Rise of Skywalker

8. The Phantom Menace

9. Attack of the Clones

• 2 weeks later...

I heard great stuff about Mandalorian, but I was iffy when I saw it was by Jon Favreau. Not really a fan of his work or humor. Well, that said I don't remember when was the Star Wars this much fun. Had me laughing, and interested as well. I binged it, so maybe it was a different experience than watching it every week. Script felt very tight, filled with humor, action and drama that wasn't overly melodramatic or that it felt really trashy. I mean, some parts did, but it was easy to overlook it. In some episodes there was also some weird directing and bad editing with bad cuts, but again, it was easy to overlook it.

Overall, maybe not a tremendous film or TV achievement, but super fun if you are a fan of Star Wars or have been in the past.

Loved the progression with chapters and his armor in the beginning. It had a video game story feel to it. Couple of episodes in I was totally immersed in it. Loved the armorer also.

Wasn't a fan of Greef Karga, or maybe I should say in the last couple of episodes the script and his delivery of it was kinda off.

Whole ending was cliched really, but then again it was fitting, so I can't say that it bothered me.

Finished season 1 of Mando the other day...

How they gonna not even check that the dude was actually dead? That really bothered me. Bad guy crashes in a vehicle...you go to the crash site and confirm that he's dead. Hell...they could have at least had them check if he was there, and he could have been gone. That would have been cliche...but still would have made them look more competent than not checking at all. :lol:

That unofficially announced KOTOR script that could potentially extend to a trilogy hasn't OFFICIALLY been cancelled, so that might happen Dec 2022 still

They apparently still have Dec 16th that year marked on the calendar. So, since the boys backed out, it could be the KOTOR thing, the start of Rian Johnson's trilogy, Feige's film, or something that hasn't been mentioned cause I think Obi-Wan got turned into a series

• 3 weeks later...

After rewatching some of the movies in order (made it to ROTH, skipped Solo cause it's not on D+ yet, plus I was in a hurry to get to original trilogy so I didn't wanna peep Netflix for it) and seeing how some of the pieces fit together, I just have to say that considering how much of a bitch Luke was he took his aunt and uncle's death like a gaddamn champ.

And then I was reminded about how weak Maul and Anakin's vs Dooku defeats were considering their skills. Maul's stupid look as Obi goes up and over, when he should've caught Obi in midair and "high ground" the hell outta his whole sheeit, always gets a headshake outta me.

As weak as Quigon's death was, at least there was a stun state that lead to it. I just have it in my head that Maul was always better than both of them and was just playing with his food so to speak. Considering how aggressive Anakin's sabre style is, it's irritating to watch him pause before Dooku caught him. Sheeit wasn't clean at all

Why anyone is clamouring for more Star Wars movies at this point is beyond me. The franchise is riding on the back of 2 and a half good movies, and a sprinkle of good moments in 13 others. Yeah something to do with the Old Republic could be fun, but they have clearly shown that they are not willing to take risks with the movies, and have zero plans for consecutive story telling.

It might be too early to tell as its only been one season, but they should stick with TV. They can take more risks, and take time to tell a more coherent, long form stor, even with side adventure bottle episodes. Or better yet, more mini series like they are doing with Kenobi.

EDIT: Actually it's been more than one season. Several seasons of Clone Wars and Rebels have proven they can handle that. Mando was structured very much like those shows, and that's all on Dave Filoni. *Censored* Kathleen Kennedy, put Filoni and Favreau in charge of the whole franchise.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fight Me.

WWE Superstar reportedly in season two of The Mandalorian:

Here's some interesting news fhat blends the worlds of Star Wars and WWE...

According to Mat Men Pro Wrestling, and confirmed by ProWrestlingSheet's Ryan Satin (who's appeared several times on FS1's WWE Backstage), WWE Superstar Sasha Banks has filmed scenes for Season 2 of Disney+'s The Mandalorian - which is set to premiere October 2020.

No other details are known about Banks' role at this time, or how prominently she might be featured, but Banks has been off of TV for a number of weeks now, since January 3, supposedly healing up from an ankle injury. Whether or not the injury is legitimate is unknown, but she has had ample time for side projects is she has in fact been cast on The Mandalorian.

height. After dragging his opponent to a corner, he'd stand on the second rope, bounce up and down a few times, and then come crashing downward like gravity's sole agent of destruction.

Walt Disney boss Robert Iger has teased that Mandalorian spinoffs are a "possibility" after Season 2, heavily implying that the show might utilize more familiar Star Wars characters and allow them to headline their own shows after being introduced in the flagship Star Wars series.

Banks is a four-time Raw Women's Champion though her time off TV caused her to miss WWE's annual Royal Rumble PPV, where her best friend Bayley successfully defended the SmackDown Women's Championship against Lacey Evans.

What kind of role would you like to see Sasha Banks' play on The Mandalorian? A fellow bounty hunter? An Imperial assassin? Someone who gets chocked out by The Child? Let us know!

https://www.ign.com/articles/wwes-sasha-banks-reportedly-in-season-2-of-star-wars-the-mandalorian?sf117538940=1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just finally watched The Last Jedi, mainly because my bestfriend said NOT to play Battlefront II until I do because of

Rey Skywalker

I enjoyed it but umm well...

I disliked Rey and Kylo kissing because, arent they related? Palpatine created Anakin and Anakin is Kylos grandfather, and Palpatine is Rey's grandfather

Now I need Disney+ and watch The Mandolin 

Edit: Yeah I ment The Rise of Skywalker lol

Archived