Star Wars Discussion

Jmerc

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good for you, but I was talking about the possible romance and their pointless adventure, which took up a good portion of the movie. It's annoying, and I care clearly and obviously because I'm spending my time watching the movie and don't want to go through annoying stuff.

This is the stupidest complaint I've ever seen. How could you possibly call it pointless when the heroes of the film thought it was going to help them in their quest. Just because it didn't work out for them doesn't mean it was pointless. Not everything in life goes smoothly and not everything the good guys to should work. I wasn't a big fan of the Canto Bight scene but I wouldn't complain it's "pointless."

Easy. To quote you, "just because it didn't work out for them." It was ultimately pointless because what happened? Nothing, other than Rose's romance for Finn increasing. Like literally, you could cut them out until the end, and there'd be no difference, as far as I know.

And I used this same exact argument to defend the shitshow story with Finn and Rose. I still find it horseshit because their story annoyed me, and Rose annoys me. If you can't handle someone not agreeing with your opinions, then I can't help it.

I like Finn and am a fan of the franchise, so overall I care. I want Poe and Rey to hook up though

Same, and I think they hinted at that possibility as well in The Last Jedi.

Bob Iger didnt personally pen the script, dude lol

People dont seem to grasp this concept. I find it hilarious the pass the original movies get for having dumb shit in it. But Disney made films are made by Satan.

Naw, I criticize it too, but the original trilogy aren't getting released like new, is it? The new trilogy are, and they're gonna get criticized whether you like it or not.

I was disappointed in the small role since I'm a big Benecio Del Toro fan. The character is alright but the stuttering seems a bit too much

Yeah I was talking about the real code breaker that wasn't him

Chris Jericho?

I did want Karl Urban to play Boba after, but I have also been leaning toward Batista lately. I know hes physically bigger than the Fett were used too, but he has proven himself as an actor, an action star and is also under the Disney banner.

I did want Karl Urban to play Boba after, but I have also been leaning toward Batista lately. I know hes physically bigger than the Fett were used too, but he has proven himself as an actor, an action star and is also under the Disney banner.

As much as I rate Batista as an actor surely playing Boba Fett is going to be such a wasteful performance. Batistas best asset is his delivery. I honestly think theyd probably be better off going with someone whos from NZ just to appease the fans so they dont bitch either.

Not just deleted scenes slapped into the film. They'll use body doubles and camera trickery to make her appear in more scenes than she's actually in, but her dialogue will come from unused TFA footage. Which leads me to believe they filmed a lot more of her mourning Han's death. I don't see her having a big role in Ep9 (because it's kinda impossible) and they'll have her 'retiring' and taking the time to mourn Han more to round out both their stories.

They also probably filmed more stuff about her and Kylo.

Yeah I reckon they filmed some things like that, but ended up cutting them from TFA. I'm honestly more interested in how they work Leia into Ep9 rather than the actual story, you can predict what the story will be easily enough, but this is harder to predict.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally saw The Last Jedi.

First of all, I enjoyed it. However at times it didn't really "feel" like a Star Wars movie, there were lots of new stuff inserted that kind of jarred with the traditions of the series - the slow motion technique for example. Then of course there were the new Force powers that were suddenly being used, it felt at times like it was being made up as it went along.

I don't think it's a Star Wars movie that I would watch many more times, I'll probably get the DVD for the sake of completing the collection.

Finally saw The Last Jedi.

First of all, I enjoyed it. However at times it didn't really "feel" like a Star Wars movie, there were lots of new stuff inserted that kind of jarred with the traditions of the series - the slow motion technique for example. Then of course there were the new Force powers that were suddenly being used, it felt at times like it was being made up as it went along.

I don't think it's a Star Wars movie that I would watch many more times, I'll probably get the DVD for the sake of completing the collection.

Technically there's been no new Force powers that wasn't already in legends

Except it IS new because none of the legends/extended universe stuff is canon. So technically nothing.

Actually it isn't new because that move was used in a Star Wars game that was released a couple of months before the movie even came out and because of that and because it's a legend move it's now Canon

By the way, does anyone else have a hard time accepting Kylo Ren's story that Rey's parents were nobodies? I reckon she's his sister.

No. Rey is not related to anyone, they put that to bed. How could she possibly be his sister when she spent ages travelling around with (what would have been) her dad? Its not like Han forgot what she looked like.

Archived