Star Wars Discussion

Jmerc

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally saw 'Last Jedi' the other day.

It wasn't "bad"...and I really didn't have any issues with the content therein. I think people are really looking for things to bitch about at this point. All that I have to say against it, was that it was boring...it really dragged for most of the film. Also, they brought back some of the cheese (a bit too much, IMO). There was a lot of stuff done where it was just like "Meh...this would be a better film without this".

But, yeah...the themes and stuff, I didn't mind any of it. I thought it was fine. Just not a great movie in general. Not bad, but not good. 'Rogue One' remains my favorite Star Wars film of anything done in the past few decades.

Last Jedi *censored*ing sucked. If not enjoying blatant plot holes and poor storytelling means people are just "looking for something to bitch about" then idk what having genuine grievances means to you.

If you can enjoy a movie and ignore those, then good for you. I guess ignorance is bliss in this case.

Last Jedi *censored*ing sucked. If not enjoying blatant plot holes and poor storytelling means people are just "looking for something to bitch about" then idk what having genuine grievances means to you.

If you can enjoy a movie and ignore those, then good for you. I guess ignorance is bliss in this case.

I didn't say that I enjoyed the movie...I definitely just said it was boring.

But it's also not worth bitching about to the extent that people bitched about it. So...nah. When I heard the way people reacted to this, I thought there was something seriously questionable happening. For a long time, I thought they turned Luke into a pedophile or something. People were just bitching so hard about the Luke reveal and all this other shit...I was like "how bad could it *censored*ing be"...and the answer was a resounding "not too bad at all, just boring". My biggest complaints were with the comedic elements...they felt forced and completely unnecessary. Take away that shit, and the movie would have been fine to me (boring, but fine). Honestly, you could probably take the footage from the film, cut it down severely, edit it in a certain way, and just make a better movie with what's there.

Guest Shades of Cool

Agreed. :D That movie left a bad taste in my mouth, and I feel so bad for Mark too. :fedup:

I didn't say that I enjoyed the movie...I definitely just said it was boring.

But it's also not worth bitching about to the extent that people bitched about it. So...nah. When I heard the way people reacted to this, I thought there was something seriously questionable happening. For a long time, I thought they turned Luke into a pedophile or something. People were just bitching so hard about the Luke reveal and all this other shit...I was like "how bad could it *censored*ing be"...and the answer was a resounding "not too bad at all, just boring". My biggest complaints were with the comedic elements...they felt forced and completely unnecessary. Take away that shit, and the movie would have been fine to me (boring, but fine). Honestly, you could probably take the footage from the film, cut it down severely, edit it in a certain way, and just make a better movie with what's there.

You were okay with Rose and the Rose-Finn romance/potential romance going on?

Hahah good one acting like plot holes and poor story telling aren't a staple of Star Wars movies. Least this movie actually had some different shit to make it interesting.

You were okay with Rose and the Rose-Finn romance/potential romance going on?

I didn't give a shit...quite frankly.

Why would I ever give a shit about that?

because you had to sit through and watch that shit?

The way I read Rose-Finn thing was that she had feeling for him that werent reciprocated. Even he seems a little caught off guard by the kiss thing. I think if anything it appears that Finn only has feelings in that way towards Rey, which she pretty obviously doesnt reciprocate either. I dont know if that was their intention, but thats how it comes off on screen.

The way I read Rose-Finn thing was that she had feeling for him that werent reciprocated. Even he seems a little caught off guard by the kiss thing. I think if anything it appears that Finn only has feelings in that way towards Rey, which she pretty obviously doesnt reciprocate either. I dont know if that was their intention, but thats how it comes off on screen.

Bingo.

Either way, it was still annoying, especially when Rose kisses Finn, but I guess my issue lies with Rose being a horrible and annoying character.

Why was it annoying? And why do you care? These are fictional characters in a film about space wars and aliens...I don't really give a shit that the nerdy Asian chick kissed the black dude who likes the white girl. Literally the least important aspect of the entire film. I don't know why I would ever care about that.

I "had to sit through it"? Clearly not...because it didn't even dawn on me to give a shit about it...

Good for you, but I was talking about the possible romance and their pointless adventure, which took up a good portion of the movie. It's annoying, and I care clearly and obviously because I'm spending my time watching the movie and don't want to go through annoying stuff.

Good for you, but I was talking about the possible romance and their pointless adventure, which took up a good portion of the movie. It's annoying, and I care clearly and obviously because I'm spending my time watching the movie and don't want to go through annoying stuff.

This is the stupidest complaint I've ever seen. How could you possibly call it pointless when the heroes of the film thought it was going to help them in their quest. Just because it didn't work out for them doesn't mean it was pointless. Not everything in life goes smoothly and not everything the good guys to should work. I wasn't a big fan of the Canto Bight scene but I wouldn't complain it's "pointless."

Bob Iger didnt personally pen the script, dude lol

People dont seem to grasp this concept. I find it hilarious the pass the original movies get for having dumb shit in it. But Disney made films are made by Satan.

Im quite the fan of Disney actually. Their animated films continue to be excellent and their work on the MCU is pretty astounding. Still doesnt excuse them from being hypocritical, I didnt say they cant or shouldnt include preachy messages films. Its just this particular one happened to be poorly done and cringey as hell.

Way to trivialise and generalise a legitimate opinion.

So? Its hypocritical coming from any major corporation regardless of who was hands on. It was dumb.

I still dont get that point. Rian Johnson isnt calling the shots at Disney. Hes not running a corporation. Hes just the guy making the movie. Personally, I dont really find any merit in Disney stepping in and altering the script to make it even more corporate.

No ethical consumption under capitalism.

Archived