Star Wars Discussion

Jmerc

I just can't comprehend how people can ignore entire plots that are rendered useless with decisions that genuinely could and should have been made earlier. Like Admiral Holdo using her ship to explode Snoke's ship. Why did you not do that earlier on? Why did you have to commit suicide and not use a droid to pilot the ship? Or use auto pilot or something? It genuinely makes me scratch my head. I get that sometimes you need to suspend your disbelief to let 'movie things' happen, but these things really made no sense. If that was your plan all along...do it when you're not on your last legs and you might have actually got away with more people.

I'm not one to pick out plot holes because I know it annoys me when people do that, but it was so blatant. So obvious that I can't ignore it. There are a major section of people who will jump to "some people just hate changes" when someone criticises TLJ, but I rather appreciated changes TLJ made to the lore. I really liked the duality of Kylo and Rey. I enjoyed Luke's emo hermit character and Snoke for what he was. The new stuff they added to the force was all unique and interesting, but there are legit story gripes I have with that movie. Giant holes that should not be there.

Or use a smaller ship instead of your main Cruiser I'm pretty sure it's smaller ship would have done the same amount of damage going through hyperspace through a ship as a bigger ship

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally saw Solo, and I liked it.

I liked how they didn't make Han start out too good, but made him less selfish and more naive. Movie was fun, and Han was fun. Loved Emilia Clarke's character and how she kicked ass, and how Chewie was badass. Lando's droid was annoying though, and his and the droid's relationship was pretty weird.

I was confused when I saw Maul, but I guess I have to watch Clone Wars to know how he survived. Wiki'd it though.

Thought the movie handled Han's past well.

It was 100% a better overall movie than Rogue One, given that this movie had actual character arcs. Annoyingly the movie was really dark and I couldn't see anything in a few scenes. I thought our screen had a faulty projector, but It's a complaint I've seen a lot online.

Solo goes near the top of the my list of favourite Star Wars movies. Granted it's not a very long list, Star Wars has been bad more times than it has been good and creatively the franchise is bankrupt. At least when it comes to the main series. I think it slots in at #4 after Ep4, 5 & Ep7.

Is going to be better than Rogue one story wise Rogue one everyone either wouldn't die at the end so there's no point of building the characters

I wouldn't to be surprised they do a sequel or maybe a crossover movie with Boba Fett

But considering how bad this movie did which is kind of bad for Star Wars Sanders I don't know if we're getting a lot of these one-off Standalone character movies they plan

This movie is not going to deter them from doing these spin offs. :lol: It's Disney, they make profit regardless. Ant-Man didn't perform well yet they are still going ahead with lesser known character movies like Captain Marvel.

Disney can continue to churn out these movies and it will never phase them, regardless of how much they make. They will make more on merchandise and stuff anyway.

Is going to be better than Rogue one story wise Rogue one everyone either wouldn't die at the end so there's no point of building the characters

I wouldn't to be surprised they do a sequel or maybe a crossover movie with Boba Fett

But considering how bad this movie did which is kind of bad for Star Wars Sanders I don't know if we're getting a lot of these one-off Standalone character movies they plan

Talking about Solo? There is a point to building Han, Chewie, and Lando. The goal isn't to give us suspense as to whether any of the trio will survive, but to show us how they were like and how they changed and developed to become who they were in their first appearances in the original movies. it's to show us how Han became a selfish scoundrel, why Chewie is loyal to Han despite his crazy-ass plans, and how Lando lost the gamble, for examples.

tbh I'll be happy for a sequel, I'd love to see what made Han drop the cargo and get Jabba after him. I think we might see Obi-Wan and Han meet at some point? I don't know if the movie implied that A New Hope was their first time meeting, given Obi-Wan knew about Han. Can't remember though.

What makes me think they might meet is because of

Darth Maul's appearance. I'd find it hard to believe anyone less than a Jedi would stand a chance against Maul, especially when Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan had trouble together.

Well Maul and Obi Wan have already had their confrontation in Rebels, so I'm not exactly sure how they will deal with it in the movies unless they just write Rebels off as non-canon.

I feel so dang bad for Kelly Marie Tran (Rose) F*** PEOPLE MAN, AND SOME OF THIS FANDOM. Harassed this poor woman so much she deleted her Instagram. Calling her names, racial slurs, death threats. It's not her fault the script was terrible. Same thing happened to Daisy when Force Awakens came out, was harassed so much she deleted her account. (Also Zack Snyder when his daughter killed herself, people were horrible to him and his family)

This makes me feel ashamed to call myself a Star Wars fan with this. Poor woman was living her dream, stared in the movie and just gets attacked by VERY horrible people. Just had to rant here.

Talking about Solo? There is a point to building Han, Chewie, and Lando. The goal isn't to give us suspense as to whether any of the trio will survive, but to show us how they were like and how they changed and developed to become who they were in their first appearances in the original movies. it's to show us how Han became a selfish scoundrel, why Chewie is loyal to Han despite his crazy-ass plans, and how Lando lost the gamble, for examples.

tbh I'll be happy for a sequel, I'd love to see what made Han drop the cargo and get Jabba after him. I think we might see Obi-Wan and Han meet at some point? I don't know if the movie implied that A New Hope was their first time meeting, given Obi-Wan knew about Han. Can't remember though.

What makes me think they might meet is because of

Darth Maul's appearance. I'd find it hard to believe anyone less than a Jedi would stand a chance against Maul, especially when Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan had trouble together.

I'll tell you about Rogue one there's no point of build up characters that were just all going to die at the end anyways that's why it was not much of a story and Rogue one then solo

solo has a pretty much cliche story anyways

I don't think solo was number one movie in the country at all yet which is unheard of for Star Wars movie

Well Maul and Obi Wan have already had their confrontation in Rebels, so I'm not exactly sure how they will deal with it in the movies unless they just write Rebels off as non-canon.

Oh, I never knew that.

I feel so dang bad for Kelly Marie Tran (Rose) F*** PEOPLE MAN, AND SOME OF THIS FANDOM. Harassed this poor woman so much she deleted her Instagram. Calling her names, racial slurs, death threats. It's not her fault the script was terrible. Same thing happened to Daisy when Force Awakens came out, was harassed so much she deleted her account. (Also Zack Snyder when his daughter killed herself, people were horrible to him and his family)

This makes me feel ashamed to call myself a Star Wars fan with this. Poor woman was living her dream, stared in the movie and just gets attacked by VERY horrible people. Just had to rant here.

As far as I know, Tran is the third victim of these crazy fans. People are shitheads.

I know that Jake Lloyd grew up bitter towards star wars fans and regrets doing episode 1. He got bullied at school over it and some people would mock him when they would see him somewhere. The kid even got razzie awards for his acting and character.

If memes and twitter existed back then, he'd be iconic by now.

• 3 weeks later...

I know that Jake Lloyd grew up bitter towards star wars fans and regrets doing episode 1. He got bullied at school over it and some people would mock him when they would see him somewhere. The kid even got razzie awards for his acting and character.

If memes and twitter existed back then, he'd be iconic by now.

Thats putting it lightly. He developed schizophrenia because of it all and I think he (allegedly) attacked his mother. I know he was put into a mental facility because of it.

Archived