Star Wars Discussion

Jmerc

Pretty shocked about the complete dvd boxset considering how long ago Episode 3 came out, unless it happened and they're just not around. I don't really watch too many disc. Don't recall the last dvd i watched. Just figured a boxset like that would be cool to have and i can marathon it Spike TV style. If they do have one for blue ray then somewhere.down.the.line I'll prolly get it when I care enough to get a player. I'm usually streaming everything anyways so i never real had the urge to get one. And i don't know if I'm die hard enough to get a vhs player and track down those copies. I just feel M3j on that OT CGI. Didn't realize it at the time but prequel trilogy did.have some cringe worthy effects and they're just as cringe worthy around Luke and Han as they.are around Obi and Ani.

Thanks for looking that up tho, that's so sweet XD

Can't be as bad as the CGI in RotJ. That alone made me want to return the Blu-Rays; at least there's not much sentiment or attachment to the prequel trilogy, and you know what you're getting.

I think Rey may be a Skywalker. The original trilogy was about the adventure of Luke Skywalker, the prequel trilogy was about Anakin Skywalker's fall to the Dark Side, so why can't the sequel trilogy be about Rey (Skywalker?) somehow redeeming Kylo or permanently saving the galaxy or something?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they're gonna stick with that Skywalker conflict, I'd rather see a twist that comes with it. The idea of Kylo being "redeemed" would be continuing the retelling of the original story and, as it stands, I don't think Anakin should've been redeemed. It was fine before the prequels dropped because you didn't really know what was going on. It was a bad guy, in a robot suit. Nobody knew anything beyond what Obi told them. He gave into the dark side destroying the man he once knew and that's it. Nobody knew he went in there and annihilated a Jedi Temple. If I had seen that first, it would've tainted the EP 6 ending for me. That ONE good act you're telling me is gonna make up for all of the murders? Oh kee...

Kylo is shadowing grandpa, only we know this before the turn. There's no coming back from that imo. I'd much rather him stay bad until the end and maybe opt to off himself if he's gonna have any momentary light side phase. I dunno, I only watched the movie once and people say he hesitated with the whole thing with his dad. From that one viewing, I saw that more as "playing with your food." I didn't see any temporary light side lean, I saw a psyche out.

If they're gonna have Kylo switch, I'd really like them to explore Rey switching as well and maybe having to be killed by Luke in the end. Something crazy, you know? TFA was a nice tribute, but the similarities to the original trilogy have got to end from this point on. The whole "history repeats itself" but with new family members is just... ugh.

Oh, when I said the part about Luke killing somebody I meant Rey, because that'd be feckin insane and I'd love every minute of it. Badass heroine, savior of the universe, the last hope, turns on everyone at the end and [her father] has to put her down with tears rolling down his face.

But that wouldn't happen anyways because... girl power

that'd be awesomely *censored*ed up, but I doubt they'll have the balls to do that. In any case, I'm hoping for a pretty good lightsaber fight, especially between Ren and Rey. It should hopefully be better than any of the prequel trilogy's fights.

Also hoping they bring back Darth Maul. He shouldn't have died so early, he was a great Sith.

I'm still on the "Rey is a Kenobi" bandwagon. I have several reasons for this:

1. During Rey's force vision she hears all the voices of everyone who held that lightsaber, but the only one that talks to her directly is Obi-Wan. The other voices are flashbacks of the other films and Rey possibly seeing her fears/future

2. During said force vision it shows Rey being abandoned on Jakku, and she (or at least the actress playing her) was about 7 years old. It's highly likely that she would recognize the face's of her parents though not necessarily the names as she most likely would have just called them mum and dad her whole life. If Han Solo or Luke Skywalker were Rey's parents, it'd be more than likely that she's recognize them.

3. Obi-Wan had to hide his identity as a Jedi after Order 66. Even on Tatooine people still know about the Jedi and chances are a big-ass bounty would be put on them by the Hutts and/or the Empire. He could very well have settled down with someone under the name Ben and kept his identity a secret until the right time (could've left a message). He could've had a daughter and after his wife died and while Obi-Wan was training Luke, she could've gone on to get married and have Rey. Then learning that the First Order was hunting the last of the Jedi and knowing Rey was force sensitive they would have dropped Rey on Jakku to keep the First Order away from her.

4. The entire story has had two families involved. Skywalker and Kenobi. Obi-Wan trained Anakin and Luke, so it could make sense storywise to have Luke train Rey to face yet another member of the Skywalker family, Kylo Ren, bringing everything full circle and have the whole nine films come full circle as a saga between these two families

I'm still on the "Rey is a Kenobi" bandwagon. I have several reasons for this:

1. During Rey's force vision she hears all the voices of everyone who held that lightsaber, but the only one that talks to her directly is Obi-Wan. The other voices are flashbacks of the other films and Rey possibly seeing her fears/future

2. During said force vision it shows Rey being abandoned on Jakku, and she (or at least the actress playing her) was about 7 years old. It's highly likely that she would recognize the face's of her parents though not necessarily the names as she most likely would have just called them mum and dad her whole life. If Han Solo or Luke Skywalker were Rey's parents, it'd be more than likely that she's recognize them.

3. Obi-Wan had to hide his identity as a Jedi after Order 66. Even on Tatooine people still know about the Jedi and chances are a big-ass bounty would be put on them by the Hutts and/or the Empire. He could very well have settled down with someone under the name Ben and kept his identity a secret until the right time (could've left a message). He could've had a daughter and after his wife died and while Obi-Wan was training Luke, she could've gone on to get married and have Rey. Then learning that the First Order was hunting the last of the Jedi and knowing Rey was force sensitive they would have dropped Rey on Jakku to keep the First Order away from her.

4. The entire story has had two families involved. Skywalker and Kenobi. Obi-Wan trained Anakin and Luke, so it could make sense storywise to have Luke train Rey to face yet another member of the Skywalker family, Kylo Ren, bringing everything full circle and have the whole nine films come full circle as a saga between these two families

We don't know yet if she recognizes Luke or not .

I'm gonna read that theory in a sec but, before that, Rey's estimated birth is placed 11 years after the Battle of Endor. So Obi was dead, what... 14 years roughly? So unless he Force spirit banged somebody... not seeing Rey being his. Could still be a relative somehow but not his daughter.

• 2 weeks later...

They say they can't give out Forrest Whitakers character's name cause fans will recognize it. There's like 5 black guys in Star Wars I'm guessing he's either Panaka or some relative of Panaka. If he was Mace Windu they would have just gotten Samuel L. Jackson. Maybe he's Mace Windu's brother.

It’s been a good week to be a Star Wars fan, with new Rogue One: A Star Wars Story details arriving at steady pace. Yesterday, we learned the names of the principal cast and a little bit about their backstories. Today, we were given a few key details about Darth Vader’s small-but-vital role in the film. Now, a large of new images from the film have arrived, giving us a new look at many of the film’s characters, a seemingly important new planet, and the black-armored “Deathtroopers” that will undoubtedly inspire a new generation of cosplayers.

These images were initially unveiled over at Entertainment Weekly and each of them is accompanied by new details about the film’s plot and characters, as well as quotes from Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy, director Gareth Edwards, and others. We’ll run down some of the important highlights and some of the images here, but make sure you click that link if you want to absorb every detail and check out every image.

First up are those Deathtroopers, who certainly look like an intimidating lot. EW confirms that they are a special unit dedicated to hunting down and destroying the Rebel Alliance, although they can’t explain why one of the is seen holding a small Stormtrooper doll…

Speaking of villains, we also get a new look at Ben Mendelsohn‘s Orson Krennic, an Imperial officer with a hot temper whose unpredictable nature makes him a far cry from the cool-headed schemers seen in previous Star Wars movies. Although he’s desperate to maintain his authority, he’s not on good terms with the Emperor’s enforcer, a mysterious warrior named Darth Vader.

The images also provide fresh angles on the heroes of the cast. There’s Felicity Jones‘ Jyn Erso, described as an outlaw who becomes a “Joan of Arc” figure, Diego Luna‘s Cassian Andor, an experienced and collected Rebel soldier, Riz Ahmed‘s Bodhi Rook, the group’s temperamental pilot, and Alan Tudyk‘s K-2SO, who appears to be a battle droid and the film’s comic relief. However, the characters who call out to me the most are Donnie Yen‘s Chirrut Imwe and Jiang Wen‘s Baze Malbus. The former is a blind warrior who believes in the Force and follows the path of the Jedi without being Force-sensitive himself. The latter is his buddy and protector, a hardened soldier who doesn’t believe in any mystical energy field that control your destiny but always stands by his friend.

You can peruse some of the images for yourself in the gallery below and head over to EW to see the rest. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story will land in theaters on December 16, 2016.

mP6x83G.jpgdbFWNBB.jpgSnuIcd2.jpgvmMXbEq.jpgpShML08.jpg0gcdRNY.jpg30TgRBE.jpgLYF61jQ.jpg

http://www.slashfilm.com/new-rogue-one-images/

They say they can't give out Forrest Whitakers character's name cause fans will recognize it. There's like 5 black guys in Star Wars I'm guessing he's either Panaka or some relative of Panaka. If he was Mace Windu they would have just gotten Samuel L. Jackson. Maybe he's Mace Windu's brother.

Is it confirmed that he's supposed to be a known character from the lore?

Anyone know where I can get original original Star Wars trilogy on DVD? Amazon has it for over $100, at least twice the price of Blu-Ray, if not almost 4x. The magic of Star Wars is ruined with the CGI shit and all, although I like the improved lightsabers.

Anyone know where I can get original original Star Wars trilogy on DVD? Amazon has it for over $100, at least twice the price of Blu-Ray, if not almost 4x. The magic of Star Wars is ruined with the CGI shit and all, although I like the improved lightsabers.

Best bet is to pick up the original trilogy on VHS from 1995, before George Lucas put out the 1997 special edition set.

They're out of production currently so I don't know. Just search through ebay or used DVD stores hoping to find a good deal is all I can say. The Blu Ray versions are well worth it for all the bonus shit they come with though.

Best bet is to pick up the original trilogy on VHS from 1995, before George Lucas put out the 1997 special edition set.

VHS? That's a familiar acronym. What's it stand for?

They're out of production currently so I don't know. Just search through ebay or used DVD stores hoping to find a good deal is all I can say. The Blu Ray versions are well worth it for all the bonus shit they come with though.

I don't know if my Blu-Ray came with bonus as it's just IV-VI, but the CGI addition is absolute bullshit and unnecessary. It actually ruins the movie for me, and RotJ is my favorite out of the original trilogy (or used to be... *Censored* ewoks).

Archived