Star Wars Discussion

Jmerc

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/2/2022 at 4:17 AM, Jeb ? said:

EPISODE 6 ???

It's actually so weird seeing Boba get overshadowed in his own titled show though, lmao. Should've called the show something else something else or played around with the pacing/editing of the flashbacks and Episode 5-6 stuff to blend better with the present day Boba stuff.

Not surprised, tbh. Boba Fett so far in the films have been boring. 

I've hated most of the Disney star wars offerings however I did check out episode 6 because of all the buzz. Thoroughly enjoyed it, I might actually follow the show going forward. I was just gonna come check out Obi Wan when he showed up but it look like I may overlooked the TV shows atleast. 

Boba Fett Episode 7

Don't get me wrong, Din and Grogu's father son relationship is the greatest thing ever and the little baby fills me with joy, but I feel like they rushed the story beat of Din living without Grogu. Like that could've been at least explored a bit more during Mando S3 but Book of Boba Fett takes place within a few weeks after the end of Mando S2 and the big character moment of Grogu being let go to be with "his people"/Jedi seems to already be over after half an episode with a training montage. At the end of the day I do think it was the right choice for Grogu to choose Mando's armor instead of the lightsaber; he has so much time to master the force, but he probably realized that also means he has so little time to be with Din in his lifetime. I just have mixed feelings about the two reuniting and going back to status quo this soon.

I wish Fennec Shand got to fight alongside Boba and Mando during that ambush to show that she really is a co-lead along with Boba instead of her having a little side quest of killing the Pyke leader, which could've been done after the battle was over

Also Cobb Vanth is confirmed to be alive but Cad Bane's probably not dead for good either lol

Guest Fight Me.

Yeah I wouldn't have minded if they saved the reunion for season 3 of Mando. There were rumors that people higher up were unhappy with them bringing in Mark Hamill (maybe due to him being honest about the latest trilogy) and demanded they scrap the storyline and reunite Mando and Grogu immediately? Just rumors but it seems believable after Boba. I too wish we got more time with Luke and Grogu together. As far as we know, he just taught him how to force jump lmao

I need to find a word to replace "cringe(y)" because I hate it, but that finale was kinda painful to watch. Too much bullsheeit for one episode. When the most fun you have is with two supporting characters not too terribly involved in the events unfolding, you have a problem.

The show spent an entire season trying to figure out what it wanted to be and it still has no clue. Should've just called it The Book of Helmets

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

These two episode debuts... it's like they always know what to do with that second ep to leave mofos fiendin ?

Anybody getting mad Spiderman PS4 vibes from the theme?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Fight Me.

That Kenobi finale just...man, got me emotional lol Great show, hope it comes back. There's more Obi-Wan/Vader stories to tell! Ewan and Hayden seem up for it too.

Having watched this without any involvement in the fandom, made this a really enjoyable thing.
Sure it has its weaknesses, stumbles here and there...but god is it far better than what large parts of the fandom want people to believe.

I definitly would be all for a Darth Vader show, the Vader comics have some pretty cool stuff so i wouldnt be all against it.
Stuff like him visiting padmes grave, seeing him outside of the suit and how broken he is...would be neat.
Hell you could even do some stuff that is between the episodes 4-6 to fill some gaps or so.
There is a lot that could be done with a Vader show.

But another Obi Wan season would be neat too.
Overall, im happy but definitly would want to see more.

Archived