Star Wars Discussion

Jmerc

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay so I really don't like Star Wars. I've tried and tried to get into the film's and they just don't appeal to me. Butttt I tried Mando S1 and holy shit I'm hooked. I thought I'd hate it because of the whole Disney-store-shill Grogu nonsense like Baby Groot was, but nope. I'm totally sold and slightly obsessed. Might be my love of Westerns as this almost feels like a space western ? but yeah. Amazing.

Also the score is incredible, as is the artwork in the credits. 

• 1 month later...

I'll miss dat ass.

Otherwise, bye.

The funniest thing to me about what she posted, is that it is actually fairly truthful. The jews were beaten and betrayed by their own friends and neighbors...but to compare that treatment to the way that Trump supporters are being treated is about as tone-deaf as one can be. You're literally holding your history book backwards and upside down. Trump was always the one creating this division between friends and neighbors. How out of touch can you be to miss that entirely?

Anyway, her character was completely inconsequential and easily forgotten. Especially when you have better characters already in the form of Bill Burr and Rosario Dawson. 

They're trending #canceldisneyplus on twitter, which is hilarious. I'm sure Disney will miss the 12 of you who actually do that. Not to mention how hilarious it is whenever the right moans about cancel culture and then immediately resorts to cancel culture and boycotting when something happens that they don't like. It never gets old.

Dude, imagine how dumb one needs to be.

Having such a limited talent as actor, still making it long enough to get a good gig at Disney with Star wars, which results in you being prepared for your own star wars show...just to ruin it all because you want a few Social Media likes from Right winger nutjobs.
She could have made so much money and elevated herself to get more gigs as actor with this...but she decided that being liked by Conservatives was more important.
What a dumbnuts.

If they want to recast her character or want a similar one, there are a few cool female wrestlers who arent shitty people they could use.
Sasha Banks proved to be a success.

I can't say I was particularly big on her character tbh but I do tend to get frustrated when real life interferes with fictional stories I enjoy. 

I'm curious to hear what you guys think of this vs. the James Gunn situation a few years ago. Could that precedent open the door to Gina down the line? 

1 hour ago, Jmerc said:

I'm curious to hear what you guys think of this vs. the James Gunn situation a few years ago. Could that precedent open the door to Gina down the line? 

Never say never, but she used the Holocaust as an example because she is upset people question her...that is a line that not many cross and return from it.
Hollywood has many jewish people in high ranking positions, using the Holocaust because you are a whiny baby, doesnt sit well with them.

I saw many use the James Gunn situation as comparison, but the situations are quite different.

Gunn never supported a terrorist attack on the capitol...did she even say anything after it came out they killed a cop?
When his posts came up and disney cut ties, he thanked them and took full responsibility...carano blamed others when she made fun of Transgender and people didnt like that very much.

Gunn fully aknowledged it, regretted it and accepted the punishment without throwing a hissy fit or so.
And most importantly, the whole cast of GOTG came out in supporting him and telling everybody how much he had changed.

I guess it also helps that he didnt support conspiracy nonsense.

It comes down to how she handles this right now.
If she shows understanding and all, i could see them reach out in a year or so if she changed for the better...but then, its Gina Carano...you dont lose too much there.
Its not like she has done some oscar worthy perfomances or is as a person someone that stands for much.

All Gina had to do was not say anything problematic or whatever, like Chris Pratt, and yet she couldn't, and now like most right wingers she's victimizing herself and complaining about being held accountable. It's really her own fault, but I doubt she's gonna really have her life affected long-term by this. She'll likely get another job in few weeks or months, or a right-wing media will give her a platform and pay. 

I don't give a rats ass how entertaining or cool her character was. You say something that horrific, that repugnant, you need to suffer some consequences.

I am equally disgusted by the amount of people i've seen on twitter trying to defend and agree with her.

In the case of Gunn/Gina...Gunn was blatantly making jokes. They were in extremely bad taste...but they were jokes. That gave him a window to apologize for being immature.

Gina wasn't joking. She meant what she said, sought to influence other people by saying it, and it sets a dangerous precedent. It would be prudent for any company to cut ties with an employee who is actively saying such things. It's hardly a Disney issue, or a first amendment issue. It's a common sense issue. Every contract ever written includes some type of verbiage about being released for any reason or no reason at all. 

8 hours ago, M3J said:

All Gina had to do was not say anything problematic or whatever, like Chris Pratt, and yet she couldn't, and now like most right wingers she's victimizing herself and complaining about being held accountable. It's really her own fault, but I doubt she's gonna really have her life affected long-term by this. She'll likely get another job in few weeks or months, or a right-wing media will give her a platform and pay. 

Rumor has it, Disney was even willing to lose millions to support and keep her, as long as she kept most of her controverse opinions to herself.
Imagine that, imagine having a billion dollar company being willing to lose money for you...and you throw that away. XD

Pratt keeps his mouth mostly shut and keeps his job.
Of course he gets away with more is because he has still this frat boy charm about him that i however dont see.
He keeps a low profile on social media, does his job and goes home to his family...he dodges a lot that way.

Right wingers just defend her because she shared their political opinion, no other reason.
Because you just need to look back how they felt about cara dunne or Carano until the moment she came out as right wing nutjob.
They hated her, claimed she is part of the "woke army" from the moment she was cast.
But the moment they noticed she was on "their" side, suddenly she was super awesome.
Same with the whining about cancel culture...remember, the right wingers wanted starbucks to be cancelled because they printed happy holidays on their cups.

If that's a true rumor, then wtf Gina? Though I bet you like other right wingers, she doesn't really know what the First Amendment really is about. Unless the company is really right wing or cares about right wing, they're not going to risk hellfire like that. 

Pratt also has the crew backing him and seen as hilarious. But he plays it smart by not talking too much. 

Ah, the usual right wing bs 

2 hours ago, Jeb ? said:

Gina teaming up with Ben Shapiro ???

???

KNEW THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN! Cancel culture isn't a thing anyway, but it's obvious by now that any right winger that gets fired will somehow find work with their own crowd. It's really liberals and the left that are actually held accountable, not the right. 

I guess the train has officialy rolled out on this.
Thanking Ted Cruz...something nobody should want, making a movie with failed everything Ben Shapiro and talking about being part of a rebellion against god knows what...the loony train has sailed with her on board.

Archived