Star Wars Discussion

Jmerc

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to the magic of VPN I was able to use an American friends account.

Really fun episode! It did a lot rekindle some interest in Star Wars. I really love the western feel with Star Wars, and this delivered with that regard. Cant wait to see more.

First episode of Mandalorian was nice.

The bounty droid quickly became my favorite Star Wars character of all time...(and then got killed by the end of the episode). Goddammit. Lol. Good first ep, though...and a quality teaser at the end.

The way he talked about those bounty droids made me think others might appear throughout the series. So hopefully that wasnt the last we see of IG-88.

Guest Fight Me.

Reposting from the other theead, a new chapter of The Mandalorian came out today!

Chapter 2:

Damn, this baby is cute! And damn powerful it seems. :lol:

I dont since they made a big deal out of casting Pedro Pascal and had him do all these press interviews. Plus it wouldnt be a big deal if it was in terms of a narrative twist. We see theres female Mandalorians in the first episode and theyre all over canon. Its clearly a mans voice. The blacksmith Mandalorian didnt have a man voice. So if they do reveal that its just sorta like whatever, it doesnt really mean anything since female Mandalorians are so common and have already been introduced. Clearly isnt a female body under the suit either.

I dont since they made a big deal out of casting Pedro Pascal and had him do all these press interviews. Plus it wouldnt be a big deal if it was in terms of a narrative twist. We see theres female Mandalorians in the first episode and theyre all over canon. Its clearly a mans voice. The blacksmith Mandalorian didnt have a man voice. So if they do reveal that its just sorta like whatever, it doesnt really mean anything since female Mandalorians are so common and have already been introduced. Clearly isnt a female body under the suit either.

Point A) it isn't clear at all. Because, you know...how many times have voice changers been used?

Point B) It's armor. Anyone can be underneath it. It "can't" be a woman, why? Because it doesn't have armored tits? Your logic there makes no sense. A woman with a smaller bust could easily be underneath the armor.

The only quality point is the casting. Even then...who knows. Stranger things have happened.

Also, I'd argue that based off the two episodes we've seen...the Mandalorian does seem kind of small, and also kind of vulnerable in combat. Gets thrown around quite a bit, etc.

Never said I want this to be the "twist"...I just see them doing it, because it seems the predictably Disney thing to do.

lmao no, Mando is not female. Reddit is gonna have a blast with that one.

If you think that the casting is Sam's only quality point, then you're out of your mind. His whole point about the fact that we've actually seen female Mandolorians (in this show no less) is kinda important, but you omitted that for some reason. The tangent at Sam about not needing armoured tits, but then saying he seems kinda "small" and that he gets thrown around a lot is both egregious and hypocritical. Women don't have to be small or get thrown around a lot in the same way that they don't need nipples on a breastplate.

No one thinks you want that twist, they think it's a dumb line of thought.

Are you forgetting we literally saw a flashback of the Mandalorian as a kid and he was a boy?

I dont know, I just think putting Pedro Pascal on this press tour where I guess hes telling fabricated stories of being on set wouldnt make much sense. I mean they already pulled off this twist in the last project they did, Solo. With that they didnt reveal the character cast as Enfys Nest until after the movie was already out and didnt put her on any press interviews. I feel like if it were the case with Mandalorian they would have just gone that route again.

Guest Fight Me.

Deborah Chow directed chapter 3, first woman to ever direct a live action Star Wars. Well, she did an awesome job cause I was on a roller coaster of emotions this episode lol

Archived