Star Wars Discussion

Jmerc

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently D&D (GoT showrunners) will write the next Star Wars movie.

Yeah it was announced a while ago that they'd get their own trilogy. Only just announced that their movie(s) will be coming next after the Skywalker saga is complete.

Never seen Game of Thrones. Seeing people mostly talking about how it sucks now compared to earlier seasons, but obviously cant say so for myself. I think Ill be more interested when they announce a director. As of now, the spinoff movies havent been all that interesting to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, if it's legit KOTOR is bout to be canon. They're writing the screenplay for the first of a trilogy for that. So we'd have the three movies from the GOT crew, plus three more here, and then I must have missed it but Cassian Andor from Rogue One is getting a show as well apparently

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Im curious to see whose going to be writing and showrunning the Obi-Wan series before I get too excited. Cautiously excited. Just hope they dont cram too much shit in what should be a pretty small-scale, personal story. Im at work so I havent seen the Mandalorian trailer yet. I watched the leaked comic-con footage. It didnt really seem like my type of thing, but it was only one scene so well see.

Okay watched the Mandalorian trailer. Still a little iffy on it. Hoping its not just completely grim. Clone Wars rules but Rebels was really hit or miss for me so Filoni isnt foolproof in my eyes. That said love how many classic aliens there were. Something that, even as a fan of the sequel trilogy thus far I will admit, is sorely missing from the sequel trilogy. Really makes it feel authentic.

Mandalorian looks cool.

Disney+ is already an unstoppable machine, and it hasn't even rolled out yet. I'm willing to bet that it will have the highest day-one subs of any streaming service ever. And not just by a little bit...but by a huge amount.

Coming from a guy who hated the idea when it was first announced...I've proudly come around 180 degrees. The bundle with Hulu and ESPN, and the ridiculously low price have a lot to do with that...but yeah...awesome lineup of content as well.

What they're talking about with the footage I feel like they should've not shown that even though it gets people talking, but it's got me wondering if what I was hoping would happen during the Last Jedi predictions can still happen even though Luke isn't so much a factor anymore

Rey going full dark side and Kylo pushing up to the light, hence the "Rise" of Skywalker

I personally like that poster though, way better than the stormtrooper rape from the other one. Might phone wallpaper this one

Archived