Star Wars Discussion

Jmerc

i think it's kinda important as it pertains to Obi-Wan's character. Its not like it contradicts anything anyway.

It sorta does. Obi Wan would have seen what Anakin goes through and could have been a better mentor to him

oh true, especially since Anakin didn't hide his feelings for Padme.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How would it sorta contradict it? It's clear that Obi Wan has blinders on when it comes to Anakin. Part of it is because his elders telling him to forget about his questions, such as when he went to Mace Windu about his belief that Anakin was developing feelings for Padme. Obi Wan's hope was that Anakin's devotion to the Jedi was more powerful than his love for Padme and that in the end he'd choose the Jedi like he chose.

If you're going to pick and choose what is Canon, you might as well just take it trilogy by trilogy. There's things in the original trilogy which don't make sense when taken into context with the prequels including Luke and Leia talking about their mother and the age of Ben and Vader in the of series. If you follow the trilogy chronologically, Ben was 57 in A New Hope and Vader was 41. That's why I prefer Ewan and Hayden as the force ghosts, especially Hayden when it comes to Anakin.

1. If Obi Wan had been in a relationship, he would have noticed Anakins issues. The Jedi are brought up without that kind of love, which is why they end up failing. Obi Wan having a so contradicts that.

2. Luke and Leia don't talk about their actual mother. Leia says she remembers her mother, but she was most likely talking about her adoptive mother, since she didn't know that she was adopted at that point. Luke never mentions remembering anything about his mother.

3. Vader's body was completely burned up, beyond repait. Not sure where his age doesn't make sense. And Obi Wan's age is also no issue. He looks older because he spent the past two decades living in the desert as a hermit.

Seriously. People always seem to underestimate the changes that can happen in 20 years of a human live.

4. Actor chosen to portray the character looking older =/= the character being older. At most it's an issue with the casting, not a contradiction to the previous/follow-up trilogy.

All Im saying is I dont think its fair to read the films based on content that came out after the fact from other creators. Itd be one thing if George was very active in Clone Wars and wrote all the episodes, then maybe I could believe something like Darth Maul living or Obi-Wan having a girlfriend was always part of the plan. However the fact of the matter is that it was always Dave Filonis baby. Therefore all these ideas that came from Dave after the fact couldnt have possibly influenced the filmmaking of any of the movies. Sure George didnt direct Empire because he had to make Lucasfilm into a viable company while the iron was hot, but he did give the director and screenplay writer a story outline to work within. And he essentially ghost directed Return of the Jedi even if doesnt have a director credit on it. So as far as an overall story goes its one mans vision told over 28 years of movies.

2. Luke and Leia don't talk about their actual mother. Leia says she remembers her mother, but she was most likely talking about her adoptive mother, since she didn't know that she was adopted at that point. Luke never mentions remembering anything about his mother.

Except Luke specifically asks Leia about her "Real" Mother. Leia would obviously know the difference between her adoptive mother, and Padme. He literally says to her "your real Mother, I mean".

Now the scene in Episode III makes that ridiculous. Leia was minutes old when Padme died.

What? How would Leia even know the difference? That criticism doesn't make any sense. Even if Leia knew that Luke meant Padme, Leia wouldn't know the difference as an infant. Even people in movies can be mistaken.

Didn't Leia mention something about remembering Padme singing to her? It's been awhile, but something like that isn't completely farfetched as far as memories go

Guest Fight Me.

I saw that too. Weird we won't have to wait another generation to see another trilogy lol But Disney wanna make that money.

Guest Fight Me.

Probably won't know for another 2 or 3 years honestly when a teaser trailer finally drops lol But it won't have anything to do with the Skywalkers apparently, at least from what I have heard.

hmm, maybe they'll go back in time? I'd love to learn more about the ancient galaxy, and I think Disney made tons of stuff noncanon after they acquired LucasFilms or something, sadly.

I saw that too. Weird we won't have to wait another generation to see another trilogy lol But Disney wanna make that money.

Well there's no word on it being a Trilogy or not yet

Any idea about those movies yet? Possibilities or anything? Or are they just going to announce the dates without any idea in mind.

Well if Han Solo movie didnt do you so poorly I would have said it was more anthology series

hmm, maybe they'll go back in time? I'd love to learn more about the ancient galaxy, and I think Disney made tons of stuff noncanon after they acquired LucasFilms or something, sadly.

Yeah pretty all of the Legend series is non-canon basically every Star Wars book every Star Wars game every Star Wars item that came out before Disney got the franchise is non-canon

All I want from those 3 films is some stories like Rogue One where they can blend in to the main story.

Or an Obi Wan movie, I dunno.

I'd love an Obi-Wan Kenobi film tbh, as long as McGregor reprises his role.

How about they make an entirely new story and not god damn be lazy with pre-existing characters? Star Wars is so creatively bankrupt and having to rely on previous characters is not helping.

Archived