Star Wars Discussion

Jmerc

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deadpool 2 will likely beat Solo as it seems to be more for any kind of people, whereas Star Wars movies don't seem to have as wide an appeal for some inane reason. Plus, there's also that fear of the actor for Han Solo being a disappointment whereas Deadpool 2 has its prequel's fame to ride on.

Solo is Star Wars. To say that Star Wars doesn't have a wide appeal is beyond my comprehension because it's the biggest franchise in the world that covers multiple generations.

Deadpool 2 will make a lot of money, but Solo will make more by sheer virtue of it being a Star Wars movie.

Rogue One still out-grossed Deadpool. Like Creepia said, it's Star Wars man. It's gonna do numbers regardless.

It does help that Solo overall looks way more fun than the last three films so it come off as something you may believe you don't have to be a true fan of or understand the series history to go see. On top of that you have Donald Glover bandwagoners who will probably bring [non-fans] IN. I don't see anybody who didn't see the first Deadpool coming in to see the sequel... unless they're there for Crews. There are some people I've known beforehand who aren't the biggest Marvel fans but for some reason love Cable but honestly, by now, if they haven't already been watching Marvel films (especially Deadpool) I dunno why they'd all of a sudden start now.

Solo is Star Wars.

To quote you:

Wow, the obvious has never been more stated. [/size]

In any case, the criticism for Solo can't help put more asses in the seat, while I've yet to see any criticism for Deadpool 2. I know plenty of people who haven't watched Star Wars or more than one or two episodes, whereas they loved Deadpool.

Solo is Star Wars.

To quote you:

Wow, the obvious has never been more stated. [/size]

In any case, the criticism for Solo can't help put more asses in the seat, while I've yet to see any criticism for Deadpool 2. I know plenty of people who haven't watched Star Wars or more than one or two episodes, whereas they loved Deadpool.

I know you're desperate to try and come up with some sort of retort, but the difference is I actually posted something that contributed a discussion AND a discussion you actively took part in. You didn't. The thing you just called me out on was a prefix to the rest of the post. The thing I called you out on was you just saying words for the sake of it.

"Though there is likely gonna be Star Wars fans criticising the actor/character." I still can't get over that. That's literally just saying "though there is likely gonna be people with opinions." :lol:

Try again next time.

The Last Jedi was brilliant. Damn Star Wars fans crying about characters changing over time and Luke not being the god he's "suppose to be". Get a grip. Star Wars fans are probably the most annoying after comic fans who complain about shit that happens in films is different to the comics.

The Last Jedi was okay, but inferior to its prequel. Highlight of the movie was Rey and Kylo working together, otherwise Luke's fight was pretty underwhelming from what I remember. Rose and Finn, mainly Rose, soured the movie, honestly.

The Last Jedi was brilliant. Damn Star Wars fans crying about characters changing over time and Luke not being the god he's "suppose to be". Get a grip. Star Wars fans are probably the most annoying after comic fans who complain about shit that happens in films is different to the comics.

Except none of that is happening here and all you're doing is lumping people together for no reason. I have very legitimate reasons for why TLJ sucked. It's got nothing to do with the characters, although I didn't like some of the new ones. The Luke stuff was the best part of the movie. The new force stuff was probably the only good thing. But way to generalise people dude.

I can't get passed gaping plot holes and shitty side plots and characters and unnecessary comedy. Couple that with bad choreography, poor acting and needless preachy scenes...yeah. It sucked and I didn't like it. Boohoo Star Wars fans cry when they don't like something. *Censored* them for having opinions over something they're passionate about! We should all just accept TLJ as brilliant movie making and art. :rolleyes: gimme a *censored*ing break.

If there is a worse thing about 'crying' fans, it's the people who shit on them for it. Grow up.

I overall liked TLJ but I get why many don't. The only thing I heavily disagree with my fellow star wars fans is the opinion that TLJ is the worst in the franchise that includes Episode I and II. But I don't shit on them for it and simply ignore them

I also overall like the prequels but understand most of the hate.

Coming in here and shitting on fans of this huge long time franchise and other fanbases because YOU really like one of the films and half of them don't is such bs!

I can't get passed gaping plot holes and shitty side plots and characters and unnecessary comedy. Couple that with bad choreography, poor acting and needless preachy scenes...yeah. It sucked and I didn't like it.

My sentiments, exactly.

Except none of that is happening here and all you're doing is lumping people together for no reason. I have very legitimate reasons for why TLJ sucked. It's got nothing to do with the characters, although I didn't like some of the new ones. The Luke stuff was the best part of the movie. The new force stuff was probably the only good thing. But way to generalise people dude.

I can't get passed gaping plot holes and shitty side plots and characters and unnecessary comedy. Couple that with bad choreography, poor acting and needless preachy scenes...yeah. It sucked and I didn't like it. Boohoo Star Wars fans cry when they don't like something. *Censored* them for having opinions over something they're passionate about! We should all just accept TLJ as brilliant movie making and art. :rolleyes: gimme a *censored*ing break.

If there is a worse thing about 'crying' fans, it's the people who shit on them for it. Grow up.

All I hear is whining tbh. :rock:

The only thing brilliant about TLJ honestly was that it took all of the fan theories and riverdanced all over them.

Archived