Star Wars Discussion

Jmerc

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disagree.

I was responding to Faster than Light's comment about the Death Star 3.0. That thought didn't even cross my mind and I honestly don't think it did for many others. You can question the logic in every single movie/franchise. They all require suspending belief to an extent.

It's a movie bro

Thank you for your intelligent and well-thought answer

Disagree.

I was responding to Faster than Light's comment about the Death Star 3.0. That thought didn't even cross my mind and I honestly don't think it did for many others. You can question the logic in every single movie/franchise. They all require suspending belief to an extent.

The Death Star 3.0 requires more suspending belief than it should.

Disagree.

Yes they do, but that doesn't mean you can't question the logistics and be critical of it. If it breaks someones immersion then who are you to just tell them to suck it up and accept it?

Never said that. I just rolled my eyes and said it's a movie. He can say whatever he wants lol.

Although it's kinda sad when people let a small thing like that ruin a film for them (I know it didn't for Ipse). I once met a dude who hated John Wick with a passion over it being over the death of a dog. He went on and on about it and criticized others for liking such a "stupid movie". Shit like that's lame.

If I was an ex assassin with such skills as John Wick, I'd use it in revenge if someone killed my pooch too!

It wasn't even just about the dog's death anyway. The dog was a gift from his wife as she knew she was going to die and it was his love for her that made him retired in the first place and the dog was a symbol of love and peace to keep John company while he mourned her.

They brutally killed the dog, beat up John in his home, smashed his wife's car and stole his beloved car.

I didn't question how whilst I was watching it, but the movie has been out for 2 years and discussion have been had. The Starkiller base was a bit immersion breaking, but I'm along for the ride.

An excuse I can came up with is that its been in manufacturing for a long time already, maybe part of The Empire's master plan of some sort as the First Order completed it. Idk, it works in my head.

I think the First Order was well done too, but I don't think they should have had that Death Star 3.0 (aka The Starkiller base) there is no way that could have been built something on that scope without someone noticing and how they got the resources to build it anyways.

Starkiller Base was built using a planet in the Unknown Regions. where remnants of the Imperial Military eventually founded the First Order . It's not exactly in a populated area of space where everybody can just jump off their world in a ship and immediately see it. It's unexplored for the most part.

The Galactic Concordance, which dissolved the Empire, was signed about 5 years after the Battle of Yavin. TFA is roughly 30 years after that treaty, so you have all that time of these ex empire guys doing research and putting that plan into works. Between New Hope and Jedi was about 5 years and in that time they were well over halfway done with a second Death Star. They might not have used the whole 30, but even 20 or less years to gradually make something twice the size of the original with most of what they need to power it right there on the planet they're storing it is more than fair

I'm still annoyed they didn't go with Expanded Universe. But then again, they'd likely have to replace the main characters unless they skip directly to 20+ years. And then people who watched the movies but never touched EU would be confused as to how Luke and Mara met, and possibly how

Chewie and Anakin (Han and Leia's son) died.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived