Star Wars Discussion

Jmerc

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looks like it's shot a lot more like a traditional Star Wars movie. Force Awakens was very much shot in JJ Abrams style which is far more frantic then Lucas's more settled wide-shots. Really think Edwards and Johnson's style are much more Lucas than Abrams, which is good, because Abram's style was probably the biggest of the few issues I had with Force Awakens.

I know we just have a couple trailers, but I'm not really buying that Felicity Jones is this bad egg, wrong side of the tracks type of character at the moment. She just looks to soft and sweet and British. I'd be down to see some Joan Jett type of character in Star Wars. A chick with raspy sort of smoker's voice, but still sexy in a punk rock sort of way.

Kenny Baker, Star Wars R2-D2 actor, dies aged 81

British actor Kenny Baker, who starred as R2-D2 in six Star Wars films, has died aged 81 after a long illness, his niece has confirmed.

Baker became a household name in 1977 when he took on the role of the robot in the first Star Wars film alongside Anthony Daniels's C-3PO character.

Mark Hamill, who starred as Luke Skywalker in the Star Wars films, paid tribute to "a lifelong friend".

Born in Birmingham, Baker's other films include Time Bandits and Flash Gordon.

After starring in the original Star Wars film he went on to appear in the sequels, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, as well as the three prequels.

His agent Johnny Mans said the actor had been ill for a couple of years, and had been cared for by his nephew.

He said: "Kenny was truly a great friend, one of the nicest guys you could ever wish to meet, and a fabulous and talented performer."

Mans described him as "a one-off" saying he would "never forget the laughs we shared over the years".

"He will be sadly missed," he added.

Such a shame to lose one of the most underappreciated members of the cast. Seen him in interviews and he always seemed like such a fun guy. RIP R2, you'll be sorely missed.

As horrible as it sounds though, I bet you won't hear a single word of condolence from Anthony Daniels, well known that they hated each other,

Such a shame to lose one of the most underappreciated members of the cast. Seen him in interviews and he always seemed like such a fun guy. RIP R2, you'll be sorely missed.

As horrible as it sounds though, I bet you won't hear a single word of condolence from Anthony Daniels, well known that they hated each other,

He did post a Tweet. Although everyone who replied mentions that he hated Kenny.

https://twitter.com/ADaniels3PO/status/764785194683564032

He did post a Tweet. Although everyone who replied mentions that he hated Kenny.

Hope everyone in the mentions jump off a cliff. *censored*ing tools.

They're hardcore bashing the dude for sending his condolences. Just because they had their differences before he died.

Shithead people, tbh. Dunno why it matters, at least Daniels was good enough to offer condolences.

Sucks to see a member of the original cast die. R2-D2 was great, and now I'm wondering if we'll ever see him again.

• 1 month later...

Yeah come to think of it KOTOR prolly was the other Star Wars project they mentioned during the Battlefront development. Everybody thought it was gonna be 1313 again. I really hope they revisit that. It could prolly make a great side-story of it's own rather it be a game or an actual movie. Sucks to have all that hard work lost forever. Wonder if they'd use Rogue One as an excuse to bring back the Squadron series

Archived