Star Wars Discussion

Jmerc

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got this on Monday, and had free time to watch it last night... and I enjoyed it. Parts of it I didn't like, but those were just minor nitpicks lol. Overall? Fantastic film.

Curious to hear what these were.

• 2 weeks later...

That guy's a good actor and he could do the job given the right script and guidance, but damn am I nervous for the Han Solo movie.

Should we turn this thread into the Star Wars Discussion rather than just for Force Awakens?

I don't think anyone can portray Solo the way Harrison Ford has. Gotta be annoying and yet charming.

Also, I bought the original trilogy on Blu-Ray today. FKA seems to be a waste of money until the complete series is out and bundled.

Finally got around to seeing this and even knowing most of the spoilers it was still a fantastic film. Can see alot of parallel's between a New Hope and this movie but it works really well in helping to establish the new characters of the film. Got goosebumps at the final scene of the movie. Really can't wait to see the next film.

Given the power Rey has shown with the Force, there's a pretty good chance she's related to the Skywalkers. It'll be interesting to see what she'll able to do once she taps into the latent power, I'm sure what we saw with Luke was limited due to technology at the time, whereas with Anakin... dunno.

Given the power Rey has shown with the Force, there's a pretty good chance she's related to the Skywalkers. It'll be interesting to see what she'll able to do once she taps into the latent power, I'm sure what we saw with Luke was limited due to technology at the time, whereas with Anakin... dunno.

I'll be pissed if she is a Skywalker. So lazy. There's a whole galaxy to explore and somehow ONLY the Skywalkers have the powers they do. They're also the ONLY family that ends up leading these adventures whether for the Jedi or Sith male or female. "Teh Forze" I guess.

I doubt it. They'd have to rush some bullshit explanation that Obi-Wan was throwing that dick around and not telling anybody. It'd just be sloppy storytelling. I know he had a thing with Satine, but the general movie going audience aren't pathetic manchildren like me who watch all the Star Wars cartoons and read all the Star Wars comics and shit.

Yeah her being A Kenobi is a bit of A stretch. It's A possibility and I wouldn't mind having another Kenobi pop up.

If they had A Ewan McGreggor Obi Wan movie green lit and ready to role they could have used that to really fuel the Rey Kenobi theory, but where it stands its pretty clear she's A Skywalker. An accent doesn't mean anything. Sure both Anakin, Luke & Leia have American accents for the movies and Rey doesn't, but like in the story she grew up in A totally different location/planet surrounded by totally different people. Accents aren't A set in stone thing. That being said I love the symmetry of A Skywalker trainin A Kenobi.

Archived