Star Wars Discussion

Jmerc

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think simply due to the imagery used in scenes involving Rey, she's Luke's daughter. Kylo is gonna be Han's son. Kylo's gonna kill Han. Finn becomes new captain of the millenium falcon. That's my predictions.

tbh you're probably right about Rey being Luke's daughter.

Still, Kylo is Hans son.. and will end him.

I was lucky enough to see the film last night. I will say now that, without spoilers, it's awesome! It truly is worth the wait. The trailers really play with your expectations and it's nothing like I expected and I was surprised how good it was. Reading some of your predictions, some of you are right, some of you are wrong, wink wink

I finished watching Return of the Jedi for the first time an hour ago. In a way, this benefits me because the memory of the previous movies would be fresh in my mind when I watch The Force Awakens tomorrow.

I was told you don't need to necessarily watch the past movies to understand the new one properly.

Nevertheless, it would enhance the experience.

‘Force Awakens’ Cameos Revealed: Michael Giacchino, Daniel Craig, and Radiohead’s Nigel Godrich

Before you freak out, the names in the headline is NOT A SPOILER. There is absolutely no way you would spot any of these fellows in the movie unless you had some idea of where to look. They are not surprise appearances, they are fun easter eggs that you wouldn’t know unless someone told you about them. Knowing where to find them can only enhance you’re viewing, not detract. That said, while the names are not spoilers, pointing out where they appear requires me to spoil plot points, so don’t read this post unless you’ve seen the movie.

Composer Michael Giacchino, James Bond series star Daniel Craig, and Radiohead producer Nigel Godrich all appear in Star Wars: The Force Awakens in cameo roles. Did you see them in the film? Find out about the Force Awakens cameos now after the jump.

Again Warning: Spoilers from the movie are after the jump.

Daniel Craig Force Awakens Cameo

While Star Wars: The Force Awakens was filming at Pinewood, it took up every stage on the studio lot but one: the Bond stage. And while filming was underway next door to the Spectre set (also on the Pinewood lot), we heard rumors that Daniel Craig was to have a secret cameo in the film — and thanks to Simon Pegg’s slip-up, had some idea of where he might appear. But the James Bond series star was quick to deny the rumors, saying:

Why would I ever bother doing something like that? F—ing hell! Pffft. Play an extra in another movie.

As it turns out, Craig does actually appear in the movie in a speaking role, although you probably won’t know who he is unless you know where he appears.

Craig appears in the film as a stormtrooper. But which one? After Rey is interrogated by Kylo Ren on Starkiller Base, she tries to convince a Stormtrooper to release her from her restraints and leave her cell door open.

“You will remove these restraints and leave this cell with the door open,” Rey tells the stormtrooper, played by Craig.

“I’ll tighten those restraints, scavenger scum,” Craig’s character responds.

You can’t tell its Craig’s voice but you can hear that it’s a British actor. The rest of the performance is hilarious.

Michael Giacchino Force Awakens Cameo

Longtime J.J. Abrams collaborator Michael Giacchino was unable to score Episode VII due to the return of franchise symphonist John Williams, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t a part of the movie. Giacchino also appears in the film as a stormtrooper, credited as “FN-3181” in the movie. I’m not sure if his number is an inside reference, but some are suggesting that its a jumbled up version of 1138, a reference to George Lucas’ science fiction film THX1138. Giacchino’s stormtrooper is the one who throws Poe Dameron down in front of Kylo Ren on Starkiller base.

Giacchino has a history of making cameo appearances in films (but usually ones he is involved in musically). He recently appeared in Brad Bird’s Tomorrowland as an operator on the Small World attraction at the New York World’s Fair (screenshot above). He appeared in Abrams’ Super 8 as Deputy Crawford. And he provided an uncredited voice appearance as a reporter in Bird’s Pixar animated feature Ratatouille.

Nigel Godrich Force Awakens Cameo

And finally, English producer and unofficial sixth Radiohead member Nigel Godrich has a cameo in the film. Guess what kind of character he plays? Yup, a stormtrooper. Goodrich is credited as stormtrooper FN-9330 in the credits, however we don’t know which stormtrooper he plays.

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-the-force-awakens-cameos/

Archived