Want a REAL Challenge?

xirtamehtsitahw

Setting the PROB_LEGEND flag on the misc.pac and PreLoad.pac files to 9999 will make the AI into a true titan of technical prowess. You will need to be able to match their level of skill if you hope to even have a chance at winning.

Setting the FRAME_LEGEND flag to a value of -1 completely maxes out the size of YOUR reversal window. It makes it a cakewalk to reverse nearly all of the AI's moves (and reversals, in many cases). The hex value for the minus sign is 2D. The hex values for actual decimal digits are 30 through 39.

UPDATE: Not even true perfect-play AI can keep me from winning with such a large reversal window, it seems. I was basically playing as ANOTHER "perfect-play AI" against them! These settings, however, make for a really challenging setup.

So far, NO game freezes to report, even after fighting against The Rock (a notorious game-freeze-causing AI)...and WINNING, in a submission match.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Actually, that's not what would make this game challenging (read: potentially CHEAP). It's setting the PROB_LEGEND flag to any value HIGHER than 100 (say, 9999). This would make the AI reverse pretty much EVERYTHING, meaning you'd have to play their game (reverse a lot of their moves) in order to have the faintest shot at winning.

The FRAME_LEGEND setting I chose was to help offset the otherwise nearly impossible challenge of defeating a "perfect play" AI.

Archived