If 2K made a legends only game along the lines of All Stars...

insecure2k5

I think a more expansive DLC with a very deep roster of Legends along with new, detailed arenas and modes for Legends mode would be amazing, and something I would have no qualms paying extra for.

So many legendary rivalries that can be recreated and experienced again. They can do so much more with it but knowing the practices of companies like 2K/EA, they are going to milk us of every penny they can pinch and will only give us slivers of improvements as opposed to giving us an all encompassing game that isn't missing integral parts of a game.

Sorry to digress, but look at what Rockstar is doing with GTA V on current gen. It isn't a direct port with improved visuals. They are adding more to what was there, introducing a spectacular first person mode among other new experiences that makes the game feel and look like a new game.

Whereas with WWE 2K15, new graphics, some new elements of gameplay with the chain grappling, aaand that's it. I want them to make an awesome game, and if it takes time to do so, then so be it. I just hope they don't expect people to blindly keep buying their games if they are going to just give us increments of improvements.

As for a Legends game, I'm not sure they will go that route. The problem is getting fans of the current product to also buy the game. I think a mix of having the Legends included as part of the current generation of stars is more appealing to me. I like having multiple generations of federations setup in my Universe. It just adds so much more replay value when I have a weekly schedule of stars from the current WWE, the WWF, the Attitude era, WCW and ECW all in one game. In a sense, it's like having an American version of Fire Pro (least it's the closest we'll get to it).

So if they ever decided to introduce a big feature with Legends, I think the best route is to do so as DLC. And I'm not talking about the crappy looking and incomplete DLC's we got in the past, like with Curt Hennig and Rick Rude as examples last year of wrestlers who just looked bad or were missing parts of their character (like Rude's robe). I never get how they can miss details like that...

And that is why I am so thankful of the CAW community and community creations. It's probably the best thing THQ introduced to WWE games. If you want a Legends only game, you can recreate that in 2K14 thanks to so many talented guys who have made awesome looking wrestlers and arenas that allows us to have a Legends only game if we so desire.

I agree with this. Admittedly I stopped reading after the first couple of lines but it would add so much to these games if they were to give us huge DLC packs with a lot of legends to re-create old rivalries and play dream matches. I'm not sure if I'd be so interested in a legends exclusive game unless it included multiple eras and promotions, with the gameplay and graphics we're used to, and the ability to import characters in some way like we have with LOWM and that year of SvR.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The games are much better when you have a mix of both legends and current wrestlers.

That theory has really never been tested. Say if Showdown : Legends of Wrestling had its roster and 2k14's graphics, gameplay and WM arenas it may have been the greatest wrestling game ever made. I don't think you need a mix of legends and current guys. It's nice for dream matches but that's about it.

You are living in a fools paradise, even with 2k14 graphics, gameplay; ect Showdown: Legends Of Wrestling would still qualify as one of the worst video games of all time.

Yep, I realize they have fans, but I have no desire for a sequel to LoWM or AllStars. Seeing all my favorites from my favorite era locking it up in the new 2K engine would be great though.

CAWs used to allow you to basically transform the game into that, but a game where the focus is actually on the greats of yesteryear would be a trip down memory lane

The games are much better when you have a mix of both legends and current wrestlers.

That theory has really never been tested. Say if Showdown : Legends of Wrestling had its roster and 2k14's graphics, gameplay and WM arenas it may have been the greatest wrestling game ever made. I don't think you need a mix of legends and current guys. It's nice for dream matches but that's about it.

You are living in a fools paradise, even with 2k14 graphics, gameplay; ect Showdown: Legends Of Wrestling would still qualify as one of the worst video games of all time.

How so?? Just because it didnt have current guys?? The game had an amazing legends roster!! I remember when it came out and lots of people were saying that the roster was incredible but they would have liked a Smackdown style of gameplay for it. So how would it be a bad game??

I'm just saying a Legends game with the style of gameplay that is in the current version of the current roster game has not been tested and if done right withthe right game modes and matches (Wargames, Buried Alive, Casket match) would probably be a better game than any crap game that a current roster game can give us right now.

Basically this is yet another 'Old Time Fan' who is obsessed with Legends rather then focusing on what professional wrestling has always been and always will be which is Then, Now; Forever. Basically what I'm saying is 'Dream Matches' are fine, but wanting a specific Legends game to go down memory lane is asinine. In other terms, Move On.

Basically this is yet another 'Old Time Fan' who is obsessed with Legends rather then focusing on what professional wrestling has always been and always will be which is Then, Now; Forever. Basically what I'm saying is 'Dream Matches' are fine, but wanting a specific Legends game to go down memory lane is asinine. In other terms, Move On.

Isn't this topic for the people that do want a legends game?? I think I'm not the one who needs to move on.

if done right withthe right game modes and matches (Wargames, Buried Alive, Casket match) would probably be a better game than any crap game that a current roster game can give us right now.

Isn't this topic for the people that do want a legends game?? I think I'm not the one who needs to move on.

Also nobody else made a statement like this which can be summed up with 'Current Product Sucks, I want the past back!', do The People honestly think WarGames was a worth while match-up? How would Buried Alive/Casket Match be any different then they where in the past?

if done right withthe right game modes and matches (Wargames, Buried Alive, Casket match) would probably be a better game than any crap game that a current roster game can give us right now.

Also nobody else made a statement like this which can be summed up with 'Current Product Sucks, I want the past back!', do The People honestly think WarGames was a worth while match-up? How would Buried Alive/Casket Match be any different then they where in the past?

Your ignorance speaks for itself. I'm a fan of wrestling, have been for a very long time. I enjoy all eras of wrestling. it doesn't matter which era I prefer over others. Yes I prefer the "old days" because they were in fact better. I'm not speaking in terms of the matches themselves (the guys today can do a lot more high flying and spectacular moves) so much as the characters, the gimmicks, the types of matches, the buildup to the matches (was nice not having a PPV every month), the way it was shot from a filmakers pov, the storytelling and the acting were all better. That's not to say that today's product is awful, but in comparison to what it once was it lacks in most of those areas. But this topic isn't about all that, it's about if there was a legends wrestling game who you would want in it. So lets move on as you said.

Your ignorance speaks for itself. I'm a fan of wrestling, have been for a very long time. I enjoy all eras of wrestling. it doesn't matter which era I prefer over others. Yes I prefer the "old days" because they were in fact better. I'm not speaking in terms of the matches themselves (the guys today can do a lot more high flying and spectacular moves) so much as the characters, the gimmicks, the types of matches, the buildup to the matches (was nice not having a PPV every month), the way it was shot from a filmakers pov, the storytelling and the acting were all better. That's not to say that today's product is awful, but in comparison to what it once was it lacks in most of those areas. But this topic isn't about all that, it's about if there was a legends wrestling game who you would want in it. So lets move on as you said.

Highlight Reel footage of your mind is nice;

Is there really any need to talk down to him when all he did was respond fairly to your original post? I mean, Jesus *censored*ing Christ.

On Topic: I'm not too big on Legends games (I rented LOW2 as a kid and that was about it), but I'd love to see a much improved sequel to All Stars with a roster along the lines of the main games; mostly current roster with some unlockable legends thrown in.

Opinions a concept he has a tenuous grasp on.

He thought you were saying a sequel using the AllStars engine would be great and it is a fact that AllStars is horrible

Yeah no.

Also, I guess I'm one of the few people who don't want the same game with legends. It 's just so pointless, especially when CAW mode, CAA, and DLC exist.

In case it wasn't clear I wasn't stating that as a fact but that his post came across as though it were stating that AllStars is horrible as a fact.

I've never played All Stars

I haven't either but just from seeing the gameplay I would not want to play it. I like my WWE games to be realistic and not "over-the-top" like All Stars seemed to be.

I don't suppose there's an "ignore user" button on this forum...

Anyway, I'd prefer a game with no current roster and no current arenas, but only on the condition that the gameplay and create modes are the same. Showdown had a great roster (with a few bizarre omissions like Ric Flair), but a mediocre game can cannot ride on the coattails of its roster. Likewise, Legends of Wrestlemania didn't appeal to me either.

In case it wasn't clear I wasn't stating that as a fact but that his post came across as though it were stating that AllStars is horrible as a fact.

I've never played All Stars

I haven't either but just from seeing the gameplay I would not want to play it. I like my WWE games to be realistic and not "over-the-top" like All Stars seemed to be.

See, I'm a fan of both. Simulations games are fun, but I do love a good OTT arcade game every now and then.

All Stars was fun

LOWM was a slog

LOW sucked

I'd support a legend game if it meant 60-70 current people in the games. IMO legends should be DLC, they'd sell more than NXT guys or new comers anyway. You wont see a legend only game anyway, it would be bad marketing. They'd either lose the casuals or the long time fans, mix of both brings in both, unfortunately.

I did like when they had the main game, with legend side series.

Consider this: What if they did a Legends Only expansion pack for the PC version of the game? Wrestlers, arenas, and even two 2K Showcase stories based around the Golden Era and the New Generation.

I'm not saying it'd happen (it's not even that possible for a yearly series), but it's an interesting thought.

I'd but the DLC, even for guys I don't know just to learn about them

Midnight Express, (all three version) Rock N Roll Express, Garvin, Stan Hansen, the various iterations of the Four Horseman, and the old school tough guy with the bad ass jousts he I can't think of. Did the whole King if the Ring thing and a big influence for HHH.

Harley Race!

Here's what I'd do. Expansion Packs. So for example [hypothetically], 2K expands on NXT next year, and has around fifteen superstars and four divas on the NXT roster, and a complete main roster.

WWE 2k16: THE MONDAY NIGHT WARS EXPANSION PACK

Featuring 70 Playable Superstars!

30 New Arenas!

[i wouldn't do this, but I could see where they would lock the older belt designs away for the Expansion Pack.]

WWF

Big Bossman
Big Show Retro
Billy Gunn
Bradshaw
Bubba Ray Dudley
Chris Jericho Retro
Christian
Crash Holly
D-Von Dudley
D'Lo Brown
Edge
Faarooq
Godfather
Grand Master Sexay
Hardcore Holly
Kane Retro
Ken Shamrock
Lita
Mankind
Mark Henry Retro
Perry Saturn
Rikishi
Road Dogg
Scotty 2 Hotty
Shane McMahon
Stephanie McMahon
Steve Blackman
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Test
The Rock
The Undertaker Retro
Triple H Retro
Trish Stratus
Val Venis
X-Pac

WCW

Alex Wright
Arn Anderson
Booker T
Bret Hart
British Bulldog
Curt Hennig
Dean Malenko
Diamond Dallas Page
Eddie Guerrero
Fit Finlay
Glacier
Goldberg
Hollywood Hogan
Hugh Morris
Jim Neidhart
Kanyon
Kevin Nash
Lex Luger
Lord Steven Regal
Meng
Norman Smiley
Psicosis
Randy Savage
Rey Misterio Jr.
Ric Flair
Rick Steiner
Ricky Steamboat
Rowdy Roddy Piper
Scott Hall
Scott Steiner
Sid
Stevie Ray
Sting
The Barbarian
Vader

Arenas

Armageddon '00
Backlash '00
Bash at the Beach '97
Clash of the Champions XXXV
Fall Brawl '97
Fully Loaded '00
Great American Bash '97
Halloween Havoc '97
InVasion '01
Judgment Day '00
King of the Ring '00
Monday Nitro '97
No Mercy '00
No Mercy '01
No Way Out '00
nWo Souled Out '97
RAW is WAR '01
Road Wild '99
Royal Rumble '00
Slamboree '97
SmackDown '99
Spring Stampede '97
Starrcade '97
SummerSlam '00
SummerSlam '01
Super Brawl VII
Survivor Series '00
Survivor Series '01
Thunder '98
Uncensored '97
Unforgiven '00
Unforgiven '01
World War 3 '97
WrestleMania 2000

--

We would have a gigantic legends roster, at no expense to the modern roster.

If they did make a game in the franchise called WWE Legends and it just featured all the attitude era roster and arenas from WWE 13 and all the arenas and Legends from 2K14 with exactly same gameplay but with more moves and a improved CAW mode but ability to import Trons and Logos & kept all current era guys out and added a few extra Legends it would be a massive hit.

Archived