If 2K made a legends only game along the lines of All Stars...

insecure2k5

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a more expansive DLC with a very deep roster of Legends along with new, detailed arenas and modes for Legends mode would be amazing, and something I would have no qualms paying extra for.

So many legendary rivalries that can be recreated and experienced again. They can do so much more with it but knowing the practices of companies like 2K/EA, they are going to milk us of every penny they can pinch and will only give us slivers of improvements as opposed to giving us an all encompassing game that isn't missing integral parts of a game.

Sorry to digress, but look at what Rockstar is doing with GTA V on current gen. It isn't a direct port with improved visuals. They are adding more to what was there, introducing a spectacular first person mode among other new experiences that makes the game feel and look like a new game.

Whereas with WWE 2K15, new graphics, some new elements of gameplay with the chain grappling, aaand that's it. I want them to make an awesome game, and if it takes time to do so, then so be it. I just hope they don't expect people to blindly keep buying their games if they are going to just give us increments of improvements.

As for a Legends game, I'm not sure they will go that route. The problem is getting fans of the current product to also buy the game. I think a mix of having the Legends included as part of the current generation of stars is more appealing to me. I like having multiple generations of federations setup in my Universe. It just adds so much more replay value when I have a weekly schedule of stars from the current WWE, the WWF, the Attitude era, WCW and ECW all in one game. In a sense, it's like having an American version of Fire Pro (least it's the closest we'll get to it).

So if they ever decided to introduce a big feature with Legends, I think the best route is to do so as DLC. And I'm not talking about the crappy looking and incomplete DLC's we got in the past, like with Curt Hennig and Rick Rude as examples last year of wrestlers who just looked bad or were missing parts of their character (like Rude's robe). I never get how they can miss details like that...

And that is why I am so thankful of the CAW community and community creations. It's probably the best thing THQ introduced to WWE games. If you want a Legends only game, you can recreate that in 2K14 thanks to so many talented guys who have made awesome looking wrestlers and arenas that allows us to have a Legends only game if we so desire.

I think a more expansive DLC with a very deep roster of Legends along with new, detailed arenas and modes for Legends mode would be amazing, and something I would have no qualms paying extra for.

So many legendary rivalries that can be recreated and experienced again. They can do so much more with it but knowing the practices of companies like 2K/EA, they are going to milk us of every penny they can pinch and will only give us slivers of improvements as opposed to giving us an all encompassing game that isn't missing integral parts of a game.

Sorry to digress, but look at what Rockstar is doing with GTA V on current gen. It isn't a direct port with improved visuals. They are adding more to what was there, introducing a spectacular first person mode among other new experiences that makes the game feel and look like a new game.

Whereas with WWE 2K15, new graphics, some new elements of gameplay with the chain grappling, aaand that's it. I want them to make an awesome game, and if it takes time to do so, then so be it. I just hope they don't expect people to blindly keep buying their games if they are going to just give us increments of improvements.

As for a Legends game, I'm not sure they will go that route. The problem is getting fans of the current product to also buy the game. I think a mix of having the Legends included as part of the current generation of stars is more appealing to me. I like having multiple generations of federations setup in my Universe. It just adds so much more replay value when I have a weekly schedule of stars from the current WWE, the WWF, the Attitude era, WCW and ECW all in one game. In a sense, it's like having an American version of Fire Pro (least it's the closest we'll get to it).

So if they ever decided to introduce a big feature with Legends, I think the best route is to do so as DLC. And I'm not talking about the crappy looking and incomplete DLC's we got in the past, like with Curt Hennig and Rick Rude as examples last year of wrestlers who just looked bad or were missing parts of their character (like Rude's robe). I never get how they can miss details like that...

And that is why I am so thankful of the CAW community and community creations. It's probably the best thing THQ introduced to WWE games. If you want a Legends only game, you can recreate that in 2K14 thanks to so many talented guys who have made awesome looking wrestlers and arenas that allows us to have a Legends only game if we so desire.

THAT'S IT! HOW IS THAT 'IT'? What did the people expect exactly, I'm dead serious; talk about wanting to be spoiled for nothing.

Am I the only person tired of Legend Only Spin-offs?

judging by community creations your not, there full of nXt superstars and TNA guys.

i think the legends are over done as long as rock, biker taker and stone cold stay people generally dont mind

As I've said, Add the maneuvers; Add the entrance animations and Community Creations will do the rest.

Okay so 2K15 has roughly 100 character in it. Pick 100 legends you would love to see in a legends only game, plus arenas too if you want

Hulk Hogan

Ric Flair

Bret Hart

Roddy Piper

Randy Savage

André the Giant

Dusty Rhodes

Arn Anderson

The Nasty Boys

Kamala

Brutus Beefcake

Demolition

Rick Martel

Tatanka

Jim Neidhart

The Natural Disasters

Dr. Death Steve Williams

Big Boss Man

Paul Ornd

Hacksaw

Jim Dugganorff

Ken Shamrock

Sting

Lex Luger

ddp

The British Bulldog

Bill Goldberg

Jake The Snake Roberts

The Great Muta

Bam Bam Bigelow

The Steiner Brothers

Sid Vicious

Yokozuna

Rick Rude

Ted Dibiase

The Road Warriors

Vader

The Ultimate Warrior

The Rock

Stone Cold Steve Austin

Mike Awesome

Tazz

Rvd

Sabu

nWo

the new age outlaws

judging by community creations your not, there full of nXt superstars and TNA guys.

i think the legends are over done as long as rock, biker taker and stone cold stay people generally dont mind

What community creations are you going off of? wwe 13 and 2k14 was and is full of Legends, I'm still playing wwe 2k14 and have had the Hardest Times putting together a good Tna roster thought

80's/Early 90's WWE

01) Brutus "the Barber" Beefcake
Demolition
02) -Ax
03) -Smash
04) Earthquake
Hart Foundation
05) -Bret "the Hitman" Hart
06) -Jim "the Anvil" Neidhart
Heenan Family
07) -Andre the Giant
08) -Haku
09) -Mr. Perfect
10) -"Ravishing" Rick Rude
11) Honky Tonk Man
12) Hulk Hogan
13) Jake "the Snake" Roberts
14) "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan
15) "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka
Legion of Doom
16) -"Road Warrior" Animal
17) -"Road Warrior" Hawk
18) "Macho Man" Randy Savage
19) "Rowdy" Roddy Piper
20) Sgt. Slaughter
21) "Million DOllar Man" Ted DiBiase
Twin Towers
22) -Akeem
23) -Big Boss Man
24) Ultimate Warrior

80's/Early 90's WCW
25) "American Dream"Dusty Rhodes
Four Horseman
26) -"The Enforcer" Arn Anderson
27) -Barry Windham
28) -"Nature Boy" Ric Flair
29) -Tully Blanchard
30) "Total Package" Lex Luger
31) Ricky "the Dragon" Steamboat
32) Sid Vicious
Steiner Brothers
33) -Rick Steiner
34) -Scott Steiner
35) Sting
36) Vader

Mid 90's WWE
37) 1-2-3 Kid
38) Bam Bam Bigelow
39) Bret "the Hitman" Hart
40) "British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith
41) Diesel
42) Doink the Clown
43) Owen Hart
44) Razor Ramon
45) "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels
46) Tatanka
47) The Undertaker
48) Yokozuna

Mid-Late 90's ECW
Dudley Boyz
49) -Buh-Buh Ray Dudley
50) -D-Von Dudley
51) New Jack
52) Raven
53) Rhino
54) Rob Van Dam
55) Sabu
56) The Sandman
57) "The Franchise" Shane Douglas
58) Taz
59) Terry Funk
60) Tommy Dreamer

Mid-Late 90's WCW
61) "Diamond" Dallas Page
62) Goldberg
Harlem Heat
63) -Booker T
64) -Stevie Ray
65) "Total Package" Lex Luger
New World Order
66) -Buff Bagwell
67) -"Hollywood" Hulk Hogan
-The Outsiders
68) --Kevin Nash
69) --Scott Hall
70) -"Macho Man" Randy Savage
71) -"Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner
72) Sting

Late 90's WWE
Acolytes Protection Agency
73) -Bradshaw
74) -Faarooq
75) Big Show
76) Chris Jericho
77) Christian
D-Generation X
78) -"Triple H" Hunter Hearst Helmsley
-New Age Outlaws
79) --"Badd Ass" Billy Gunn
80) --"Road Dogg" Jesse James
81) -X-Pac
82) Edge
83) Goldust
Hardy Boyz
84) -Jeff Hardy
85) -Matt Hardy
86) Kane
87) Ken Shamrock
88) Kurt Angle
89) Mick Foley
Nation of Domination
90) -D-Lo Brown
91) -The Godfather
92) -Mark Henry
93) -"The Rock" Rocky Maivia
94) "Stone Cold" Steve Austin
95) The Undertaker
96) Val Venis

00's WWE
97) Batista
98) Brock Lesnar
99) John Cena
100)Randy Orton

Arenas

WWE_Saturday_Night_s_Main_Event.png

WCW_Clash_of_the_Champions.png

WWE_Monday_Nighit_Raw.png

ECW_Hardcore_TV.png

WCW_Monday_Nitro.png

WWE_Raw_is_War.png

WWE_Raw.png

Andre the Giant

Animal

Bam Bam Bigelow

Big Boss Man

Billy Gunn

Booker T

Diamond Dallas Page

Diesel

Edge

Eddie Guerrero

Goldberg

Hawk

Hollywood Hogan

Hulk Hogan

Jake Roberts

Kevin Nash

Lex Luger

Macho Man Randy Savage

Razor Ramon

Ric Flair

Rick Rude

Rikishi

Road Dogg

The Rock

Scott Hall

Scott Steiner

Shawn Michaels

Sting

Triple H

Ultimate Warrior

Undertaker

Yokozuna

In the future, if they released a series of themed Legends packs as DLC, it really would be great.

Could do a WCW Lucha Legends pack with:

Rey Mysterio Jr.

Juventud Guerrera

Dean Malenko

Syxx

Eddie Guerrero (LWO era)

Chris Jericho (with Ralphus)

Psicosis

La Parka

Billy Kidman

Ultimo Dragon

And as an extra added bonus, toss in Brian Pillman and Jushin Thunder Liger who wrestled on the very first episode of WCW Monday Nitro.

What they should do, is make a 'Monday Night War' game...including ECW. It's incredibly marketable and it could include wrestlers from all three sides...WWF, WCW and ECW. With a few additional legends just for the hell of it. They should also bring back the import feature, so the entire roster can be added to the main WWE2K game. But, yeah...slap the name "Monday Night War" on anything and it will sell.

The Rock

Triple H

Stone Cold

Bret Hart

Diesel

Razor Ramon

Mankind

Undertaker

Godfather

Hawk & Animal

Edge & Christian

Matt & Jeff Hardy

Sting

Vader

Rey Mysterio

The Giant

Booker T

Goldberg

Scott Steiner

Hulk Hogan

Scott Hall

Kevin Nash

Randy Savage

DDP

Sabu

Rob Van Dam

Sandman

Raven

Bam Bam Bigelow

Tommy Dreamer

Justin Credible

Lance Storm

Mike Awesome

Bubba & D-Von

Not a complete list by any stretch of the imagination...but those are the big ones. It wouldn't need to be performers who were directly involved in the big angles of the Monday Night Wars...just people who were in any of the companies from '95-01. After counting, I only listed 34 people. So, yeah...there's a lot of room for talent from all three sides.

But wouldn't you guys prefer to have a game where guys like Sheamus and Alberto Del Rio get two versions, despite there not really being a need or requirement for that?

Except the fact that it's been explained Alt. Attires are New Models either way, they probably have different entrances; ect. I'd rather prefer a forum where people didn't constantly nitpick for some outdated cynical view left over from a previous publisher.

Id rather just get a carbon copy of the main series with just a Legend roster. It be better than whats been done before. Something like 2K14 but with no current roster.

Yes you d be virtually be buying the same game twice but with a different roster but I wouldnt care.

But wouldn't you guys prefer to have a game where guys like Sheamus and Alberto Del Rio get two versions, despite there not really being a need or requirement for that?

Except the fact that it's been explained Alt. Attires are New Models either way, they probably have different entrances; ect. I'd rather prefer a forum where people didn't constantly nitpick for some outdated cynical view left over from a previous publisher.

Maybe I should act like a lemming, blindly throw my money and kiss 2K's ass for doing us all of us a favor.

Alt. attires count as new models? Then explain why some guys with alt. attires like CM Punk don't require multiple versions?

How much change is there in the attires of Sheamus or Alberto Del Rio that they require two slots?

If you have a stick up your ass about what people have to post, go start your own board where you can play moderator. Nitpicking over wasted roster spots is a legit argument, especially when there are other, more relevant guys who could've made the roster.

I get the point of having two slots for a guy like Jericho if you are to include his current version versus his earlier run, but we're talking about guys who didn't go through drastic changes cosmetically, or in attire, or in their entrances.

I would love a game like 2k14/2k15 full of legends and storylines from the time period. I know that this game will never see light of day, so listing a roster is pointless. I would just settle for a bunch of Legend DLC packs to help fill a roster via Universe mode.

Maybe I should act like a lemming, blindly throw my money and kiss 2K's ass for doing us all of us a favor.

Alt. attires count as new models? Then explain why some guys with alt. attires like CM Punk don't require multiple versions?

How much change is there in the attires of Sheamus or Alberto Del Rio that they require two slots?

If you have a stick up your ass about what people have to post, go start your own board where you can play moderator. Nitpicking over wasted roster spots is a legit argument, especially when there are other, more relevant guys who could've made the roster.

I get the point of having two slots for a guy like Jericho if you are to include his current version versus his earlier run, but we're talking about guys who didn't go through drastic changes cosmetically, or in attire, or in their entrances.

Each person is a new model. Each alt attire is a new model. Entrance attires are new models, every different one is a new model. Thus if you ever looked at Superstar Threads, it shows up as different models. Thus there were a total of 7 different Randy Savages in last year's game. And like 6 different Hulk Hogans.

If they made a legends-only game, it would have to have the exact same gameplay and features as the current roster game. The only things different would be the roster and arenas. I'd put something like...

WrestleMania V

WrestleMania VIII

WrestleMania XV

WrestleMania X-Seven

SummerSlam Classic (80s/90s-style)

SummerSlam '98

SummerSlam (blue and green S's)

In Your House

Royal Rumble (classic)

Royal Rumble '99

King of the Ring

Survivor Series (classic)

Survivor Series '98

Monday Night Raw (old school)

Raw Is War '98

SmackDown! '99

Saturday Night's Main Event

WCW Saturday Night

WCW Monday Nitro '95-99

WCW Thunder '98-99

Bash at the Beach '97

Starrcade '97

Great American Bash '97

Halloween Havoc '97

Fall Brawl '97

Souled Out '97

Clash of the Champions XXXV

I would love a game like 2k14/2k15 full of legends and storylines from the time period. I know that this game will never see light of day, so listing a roster is pointless. I would just settle for a bunch of Legend DLC packs to help fill a roster via Universe mode.

Each person is a new model. Each alt attire is a new model. Entrance attires are new models, every different one is a new model. Thus if you ever looked at Superstar Threads, it shows up as different models. Thus there were a total of 7 different Randy Savages in last year's game. And like 6 different Hulk Hogans.

Yeah this is true as I remember some developer mentioning that a few years ago. Regardless of a superstar having two, three slots or not, it's still another model. So if you have a problem with two versions of a character then, in premise, you should have a problem with alternate and entrance attires.

Wouldn't want it to be like All-stars, would want it to be like 2k14 but just with Legends, each with multi-attires.

1.Hulk Hogan (numerous alt attires)

2.Hollywood Hogan

3.Sting (Surfer)

4.Sting (Crow)

5.The Ultimate Warrior (numerous alt attires)

6.The Warrior (WCW)

7. Macho Man Randy Savage (WWF)

8. Macho King Randy Savage (WWF)

9. Macho Man Randy Savage (nWo)

10.Ravishing Rick Rude (WWF)

11.Ravishing Rick Rude (WCW)

12.Lex Luger (Total Package)

13.Lex Luger (Made In The USA)

14.Diesel

15.Kevin Nash (nWo)

16.Razor Ramon

17.Scott Hall (nWo)

18.Shawn Michaels (WM 10)

19.Shawn Michaels (Degeneration X)

20.Hunter Hurst Helmsley

21.Triple H (Degeneration X)

22.Triple H (The Game)

23.The Undertaker (WM 8)

24.The Undertaker (WM 14)

25.Kane (WM 14)

26. Bret Hart

27. British Bulldog

28. Sgt. Slaughter (Face)

29. Sgt. Slaughter (Heel)

30. Gen. Adnan

31. Col. Mustafa

32. Animal

33. Hawk

34. Ax

35. Smash

36. Yokozuna

37. King Kong Bundy

38. Hacksaw Jim Duggan

39. Zeus

40. Big Van Vader

41. Rowdy Roddy Piper

42. Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff

43. Ric Flair (WM 8)

44. Arn Anderson

45. Mr. T

46. Ricky Steamboat (WM 3)

47. The Barbarian

48. The Warlord

49. Diamond Dallas Page

50. Buff Bagwell

51. Scott Steiner (nWo)

52. Scott Steiner (WCW)

53. Rick Steiner

54. Shawn Michaels (The Rockers)

55. Marty Jannetty

56. Honky Tonk Man

57. Bam Bam Bigelow

58. Ted DiBiase

59. Andre The Giant

60. Virgil

61. Stunning Steve Austin

62. Stone Cold Steve Austin

63. The Rock

64. Cactus Jack

65. Mankind

66.Billy Gunn

67. Road Dogg

68.The Giant (WCW)

69.Big Show (WM 2000)

70.Vince McMahon

71.Shane McMahon

72.Ken Shamrock

73.Kurt Angle

74.The Model Rick Martel

75.Mr. Perfect

76.Brutus Beefcake

77.The Genius

78.Kerry Von Erich

79.Earthquake

80.Typhoon

81.Hercules

82.Goldberg (WCW)

83.Ron Simmons (WCW)

84.Jesse Ventura

85.Jim Neidhart

86.Owen Hart

87.Jerry Lawler

88.Harley Race

89.Bob Backlund

90.Magnum TA

91.Bruno Sammartino

92.Superstar Billy Graham

93.The Great Muta

94.Sycho Sid

95.Sid Justice

96.Jake Roberts

97.Big John Studd

98.Tully Blanchard

99.Barry Windham

100.Dusty Rhodes

Arenas :

Wrestlemanias 1-30

WWF arenas (Each with a classic and attitude era arena) Royal Rumble, Survivor series, King of the Ring, Summerslam, Saturday Night's Main Event

WCW arenas (each with a classic and nWo era arena)

Starrcade, Superbrawl, Great American Bash, Fall Brawl (with two rings), Halloween Havoc, Clash of the Champions

Managers : Bobby Heenan, Jimmy Hart, Slick, Miss Elizabeth, Colonel Parker, Mr. Fuji, Sensational Sherri, Paul Bearer, Stephanie McMahon,Chyna

Plus all Title Belts that appear in 2k14 including WCW TV Title and NWA World And US Titles

I hate Legend Rosters like 2k14 or even half-assed WWE'13.

2k14 - So many different Legends, no proper roster for a certain time period doable

WWE'13 - Attitude Era, but only a quarter of it. No low-card, no tag-teams.. no proper roster for the AE doable

Would love to get a well done

WCW vs. nWo game (although it's very unlikely)

or a

ECW mid-later 90's game (even more unlikely)

My WWF/WCW roster would look something like this.

WWF

1. Hulk Hogan (classic yellow trunks)

2. Macho Man Randy Savage (trunks & entrance robe)

3. Ultimate Warrior (green & purple attire as seen on WWF WrestleMania Challenge for NES)

4. Andre The Giant (black singlet)

5. Bret Hart

6. Stone Cold Steve Austin

7. The Undertaker (multiple attires)

8. Kane (debut attire)

9. The Rock '98-2000

10. Triple H '98

11. Triple H 2000

12. Shawn Michaels

13. Vader (I put him on WWF side for his theme)

14. Diesel

15. Razor Ramon

16. Mr. Perfect

17. X-Pac

18. Rowdy Roddy Piper

19. Trish Stratus

20. Lita

21. Mickie James

22. Chyna

23. Big Boss Man (blue shirt)

24. Rick Rude

25. Sycho/Sid Vicious/Justice

26. Owen Hart

WCW

1. Sting (retro)

2. Sting (Starrcade '97)

3. Ric Flair (retro)

4. Ric Flair '94-98

5. Hulk Hogan (Bash at the Beach '96)

6. Kevin Nash

7. Scott Hall

8. Macho Man Randy Savage (tights & entrance jacket)

9. Macho Man Randy Savage (nWo)

10. The Giant '95/97

11. Syxx

12. Diamond Dallas Page '97/98

13. Goldberg

14. Booker T

15. Stevie Ray

16. Scott Steiner (WCW)

17. Scott Steiner (nWo)

18. Rick Steiner

19. Rey Mysterio Jr.

20. Arn Anderson

21. Chris Jericho

22. Lex Luger

23. Madusa

24. Stacy Keibler

25. Torrie Wilson

26. Raven

I'm missing a lot of people here, but you get the idea. Besides, it's hard to think of them all, and I was trying not to include low-carders.

The games are much better when you have a mix of both legends and current wrestlers. For starters it's less people to create, especially since we only have 25 slots this year. Second of all, you're risking having a game that doesn't contain the gameplay and features 2K15 and beyond will.

The games are much better when you have a mix of both legends and current wrestlers.

That theory has really never been tested. Say if Showdown : Legends of Wrestling had its roster and 2k14's graphics, gameplay and WM arenas it may have been the greatest wrestling game ever made. I don't think you need a mix of legends and current guys. It's nice for dream matches but that's about it.

Archived