WWE 2K15 Next Gen Gameplay

Black Dahlia

I have a feeling although the graphic improvements are VAST and the gameplay has been tweaked with new things added, the game will dissapoint. I don't know what copy of the game the video was taken, but except from moves performed, all other animations look no smooth at all. Hell, even the ref falls down to count the pinfall as slowly as WWE 13 which annoyed me like crazy. I hope i'm wrong tho because I will be having it.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Commentary is for both consoles. It comes along the Showcases and people who've played the game (at SummerSlam etc.) have stated that the new gen commentary is the same as last gen.

That has also been stated to be early build and 2k has personally stated that it was finetuned for Microsoft's Xbox One/Sony's PlayStation 4.

We already know that there's new commentary. Of course there is...but the old stuff is still there. Why is that hard to understand? Yeah...there will be moments where the commentary will sound fluid and overall awesome...and then Lawler will say "keep your words soft and sweet...because you may have to eat them".

We already know that there's new commentary. Of course there is...but the old stuff is still there. Why is that hard to understand? Yeah...there will be moments where the commentary will sound fluid and overall awesome...and then Lawler will say "keep your words soft and sweet...because you may have to eat them".

Which he says constantly on the actual product, so; problem? It's not exactly "I'm might not be a handyman but that's a really big ladder" Matt Striker 2011 ECW commentary

Proof? Source?

"Finally, Visual Concepts is going to bring its best-in-class commentary to bear on WWE. No other sports studio does presentation like Visual Concepts, so when they say they're improving the presentation, it rates plenty of trust that they are. Announcers Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler have now spent about 35 hours in the booth recording new lines — most of them together. I heard an introductory clip in which they bantered about The Undertaker and it sounded a lot more natural. Lawler, recorded separately, had a tendency to overact as himself and here he is what he's supposed to be on the show — the analyst, chiming in with his take on whatever Cole has just described."

http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/12/5802590/wwe-2k15-preview-e3-2014

This only states what was supposed to happen but we have seen vids now with proof from last gen. And it confirms commentary still blows.

Which he says constantly on the actual product, so; problem? It's not exactly "I'm might not be a handyman but that's a really big ladder" Matt Striker 2011 ECW commentary

I have such an urge to choke you right now.

Proof? Source?

"Finally, Visual Concepts is going to bring its best-in-class commentary to bear on WWE. No other sports studio does presentation like Visual Concepts, so when they say they're improving the presentation, it rates plenty of trust that they are. Announcers Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler have now spent about 35 hours in the booth recording new lines — most of them together. I heard an introductory clip in which they bantered about The Undertaker and it sounded a lot more natural. Lawler, recorded separately, had a tendency to overact as himself and here he is what he's supposed to be on the show — the analyst, chiming in with his take on whatever Cole has just described."

This only states what was supposed to happen but we have seen vids now with proof from last gen. And it confirms commentary still blows.

WHAT PART OF VISUAL CONCEPTS HAS FINETUNED THE COMMENTARY FOR NEXT GEN DIDN'T YOU NOT READ?

'hey Michael does that remind you of your last date?'

Yes, old commentary sucked; there will be old commentary fused with the new commentary; It's still revamped commentary for Next Gen as stated by Visual Concepts.

Yes, old commentary sucked; there will be old commentary fused with the new commentary; It's still revamped commentary for Next Gen as stated by Visual Concepts.

Which was never the discussion at hand; The discussion was about how commentary will still contain all of the recycled bullshit from past years, you insufferable troll.

Proof? Source?

WHAT PART OF VISUAL CONCEPTS HAS FINETUNED THE COMMENTARY FOR NEXT GEN DIDN'T YOU NOT READ?

Because the new lines are already in last gen. How the *Censored* will it be any different for current gen?

Proof? Source?

Where does it say it's current gen exclusive?

There are tons of new lines in the last gen. I doubt that they recorded hours of extra commentary, just to add it in for last gen.

Proof? Source?

Because the new lines are already in last gen. How the *Censored* will it be any different for current gen?

Being as the commentary was recorded specifically for Next Gen and then filtered over to last gen.

Where does it say it's current gen exclusive?

There are tons of new lines in the last gen. I doubt that they recorded hours of extra commentary, just to add it in for last gen.

Never said it was a Next Gen exclusive, I simple stated that Visual Concepts did commentary specifically for Next Gen and then ported it to Last Gen. Has stated on repeat commentary will be more fluent on next gen.

Proof? Source?

Being as the commentary was recorded specifically for Next Gen and then filtered over to last gen.

Yeah, so? It's still the same commentary on both versions. No matter where it came from, at the end of the day both versions have the same commentary.

:rock: Frankly I don't give a damn. I'm growing tired of this endless cynical view of the game, you can not compare last gen to next gen; you can not compare early build to finished game. Simple, unless somebody can present finish build footage or detail explaining the commentary is 'The Same Old :poo: ' then what I, Marcus and Visual Concepts said stands.

"More polished" probably just means that if one asks the other a question, it will be more likely to cue the answer. Whereas in 2K14 for example, they would sometimes just completely drop what they were talking about. I bet that's the only difference betwen current and last gen. ie:

Last Gen:

King: "A kick out at two, I can't believe it. How much do you think he has left?"

Cole: " Kane is a scary man."

Current Gen:

King: "A kick out at two, I can't believe it. How much do you think he has left?"

Cole: "Not much, King. He HAS to be running on fumes."

"More polished" probably just means that if one asks the other a question, it will be more likely to cue the answer. Whereas in 2K14 for example, they would sometimes just completely drop what they were talking about. I bet that's the only difference betwen current and last gen. ie:

Last Gen:

Cole: " Kane is a scary man."

Current Gen:

Cole: "Not much, King. He HAS to be running on fumes."

You do realize what the term 'Fluent' and 'Recorded in the same room' means correct?

Archived