"Superstar Editor", and roster spots. Could this mean...

TitanTron

We're all aware by now, the Xbox One/Playstation 4 versions of WWE 2k15 will feature the ability to edit everyone on the roster, and it's been confirmed that this feature will replace Threads, and presumably Superstar Heads (since it would have no reason to exist anymore). Last year, Superstar Heads featured two characters that were not otherwise playable: Paul Heyman and Roddy Piper. In fact, Heyman is still able to be made in the last gen versions of 2k15! So, what am I getting at? Well, this "Superstar Editor" feature could potentially be the answer to the "Where is so-and-so" questions. If not this year, then maybe in upcoming installments.

If this is a mode separate from Create-A-Superstar, then much like Superstar Heads before it, there could be "Superstar Editor Exclusive" characters. For example, Sin Cara could be in the game after all, but only from this Superstar Editor, where you can give his gear any color or pattern you want, AND you can decide which Sin Cara it is, depending on whether or not you keep the tattoo on there. The Sin Cara character was basically made for this feature. Maybe you want to beat up Paul Heyman? Well, just like last gen, HE could be available in this feature too, as could the other managers and scanned in characters. Sid Justice, Bill DeMott, Zeb Coulter, etc. All technically playable. Legends like Scott Hall and Jake Roberts? Maybe, who knows?

Would it be at the cost of a Caw Slot? Sure. Would it be the very best thing for them to do? Probably not, but it could happen, and In my book, it'd be better than having to buy them. Frankly, I'd enjoy having the option of them being absent from my game entirely.

"Is David Otunga on the roster?"

"No."

"DLC?"

"No."

"Well is he available from that superstar editing thing?"

"Yes."

"Do I have to make him?..."

"Of course not."

"Oh thank god."

Since we'd most likely see 1001 Heath Slater Caws this year anyway, might as well just throw him in that mode, right? People who complain about "Wasted roster slots" can choose not to add the extra jobbers and attires, and people unhappy with the "Lack of a true to life roster" can choose to make their roster as true to life as they want it to be. The only particularly huge downside is the quarter-sized amount of CAW slots, and that's only going to go up in the coming years. So, what do you think?

I think the CAW Slots aren't necessarily going up any time soon. They already did the hard part in bringing them waaaaay down. Now all they've got to do is explain that they were focused elsewhere for the next several years.

Disagree. Sometimes ya have to regress to make progress. I'm sure it'll be bumped up to at least 40 next year. It may take them several years though to get it back up to 100 though.

with Piper being exclusive to superstar heads I think he was thrown there in 2K14. Audrey had commented on how they did a lot of mo cap for Paul Orndorff's moves and the plan was to have the WrestleMania 1 main event in the game, but when it became clear they were not going to be able to sign Mr. T to appear they dropped it completely.

This to me sounds like they basically said "we'll create a quick caw looking piper for rtwm and then put him in heads and let the customer create him."

Fun Fact: Mr. T being in the hall of fame this year was the 5th time WWE asked him and the first time, obviously, he actually said yes. I have also been to two different events where Mr. T was signing autographs and both times he would not sign anything WWE related (figures, wrestlemania 1 dvd/vhs covers, posters, etc). One was this past June AFTER his hall of fame induction. Not sure what his issue is with his image and WWE together.

Fun Fact: Mr. T being in the hall of fame this year was the 5th time WWE asked him and the first time, obviously, he actually said yes. I have also been to two different events where Mr. T was signing autographs and both times he would not sign anything WWE related (figures, wrestlemania 1 dvd/vhs covers, posters, etc). One was this past June AFTER his hall of fame induction. Not sure what his issue is with his image and WWE together.

What you said about the Roddy Piper heads model is something very similar to what Cory said last year, but I cannot recall his exact quote.

To add to your fun fact, and get off topic lol, when Jakks made the figures of him they didn't go to him directly like THQ did. They went to his management group who signed off. I am sure if they went to T he wouldn't have signed. Piper said one time in a shoot interview that Mr. T said no to the hall so many times (and possibly why its difficult to sign him) because he wants a lot of money for his likeness and while hall of fame inductees get $5,000 and a ring Piper was told Mr. T wanted $25,000 and up.

My hope is that DLC characters and managers are part of this Editor. Then maybe we can actually make characters like Sid and Sherri playable.

was heyman in 2k14 playable? i never used his head

and if ... was he playable with his render or only as a caw with his head?

I doubt this even goes remotely like it. They most likely continue to offer the faces of throwaway-ish characters that are part of the game already (or were intended to be in) like Piper or, this year, Sid, DeMott, Maddox etc. They consciesly decide who to put in and they surely won't make characters JUST for an editor while a roster spot would give them the chance to market their game with a one-upped roster.

They did say that the editor options replacing the paint tool would be a "big improvement" and we'd "like what we see". Including a ton of heads in an all-inclusive threads/heads/paint editor could be what they were talking about. Would be nice.

I think the CAW Slots aren't necessarily going up any time soon. They already did the hard part in bringing them waaaaay down. Now all they've got to do is explain that they were focused elsewhere for the next several years.

Disagree. Sometimes ya have to regress to make progress. I'm sure it'll be bumped up to at least 40 next year. It may take them several years though to get it back up to 100 though.

The way I see it, Xbox One has a 500Gb hard drive, which is pretty large. PS4 can have any size hard drive that people want to put in it (I think). So, they should just save Caws directly to the system and allow you to save as many as you can fit. Surely, there must be a way to do that. Granted, I will not claim to know anything about game development...but it seems like something that must be possible.

I want to preface this with the fact that I only think I know what I'm talking about...

I think with game consoles, since they do so many processes at once, have to stream information off the hard drive as opposed to just downloading it. Meaning that the size of a hard drive isn't as important as the time it takes for it to send that information to be processed. Throw in the fact that speeds vary depending on the type of hard drive you are using,(mechanicals faster than SSD, which is faster than usb... I think) and it probably makes it impossible for an external storage device to be used for any information that might need to be streamed continuously.

I too think caw slots will be doubled by next year, but I don't see paint tool (or an appropriate replacement) coming for at least another three.

Even the idea is good, I doubt they will make everyone available like that.

DLC gives them extra Money, this Feature wouldn't.

So IF they ever go that way, they might add like 2 characters like that, everyone else will be extra DLC so they can make some Money out of them.

The Limitation of the caw Slots doesn't favor this either, nor was it nessecary like some people are still claiming cause it has only to do with available space, not with the coding.

I want to preface this with the fact that I only think I know what I'm talking about...

I think with game consoles, since they do so many processes at once, have to stream information off the hard drive as opposed to just downloading it. Meaning that the size of a hard drive isn't as important as the time it takes for it to send that information to be processed. Throw in the fact that speeds vary depending on the type of hard drive you are using,(mechanicals faster than SSD, which is faster than usb... I think) and it probably makes it impossible for an external storage device to be used for any information that might need to be streamed continuously.

I too think caw slots will be doubled by next year, but I don't see paint tool (or an appropriate replacement) coming for at least another three.

Surely that can't be the issue though if you're still only loading 6 CAWs maximum at one time?

As for Paint Tool, I'm pretty sure it won't come back, as they've said they've implemented something even better on next-gen. I'm really hoping it's the ability to import our own images because that would be a huge deal for everyone, not just capable artists as we've seen on here.

As long as they had official renders. I like all my universe to look neat and tidy all having renders etc.

I'd love to be able to edit managers to make them playable. I would love to be able to selector render for pre loaded official renders of say superstars in the past, alumni and missing roster spots.

As long as they had official renders. I like all my universe to look neat and tidy all having renders etc.

I'd love to be able to edit managers to make them playable. I would love to be able to selector render for pre loaded official renders of say superstars in the past, alumni and missing roster spots.

I would too, but I doubt 2K will pay these guys royalties to just have their renders in a game. It's still using their likeness.

Archived