Universe Is Finally How It Should Have Always Been!

Jealous

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

some good news at last, so far its been pretty vague about these story lines for rivalries but this explains things much better. I hope we really can do what Jealous suggests and sim a few years to unlock the story's then reset universe but keep the story's. and to answer DroStudios above, i imagine a pre set rivalry will still be repetitive, but a rivalry with a storyline attached will probably have matches that revolve around the story. either way, universe mode sounds epic this year, can,t wait to get this game on PS4

I know it would be too much to ask but has anyone posted the list of all the rivalries in the Universe mode along with the description and cast involved?

I counted 865 stories from a Universe guide explaining it on Youtube so that would be way too long for anyone to write.

don,t suppose you have the link for that do you?

Hey man, can you quickly answer these questions for me?:

1. Can we change rivalry matches without the rivalry being removed then?

2. Can we have empty matchcards as an option?

3. Can more than 2 brands join a PPV?
4. How many rivalries can u set up for each brand?

5. Are certain rivalries locked to certain length? like 1 or 2 or 3 month?

6. Can you lock people to a midcard, jobber or main eventer role?

There should be some rubber match rivalries that have guys face off every week. But it should be reserved for the under-midcard talent. If they truly want to create realism, they'll prevent this type of booking at the top of the card. Getting to finally see two main event guys face off at the PPV is what sells it (or at least they used to before "9.99").

I think this is an extremely big step for Universe mode, something I'd like to see implemented in future games is character-specific storylines. I don't think it's entirely appropriate for Undertaker to be involved in a love triangle with Big Show and Cameron (Random example).

If each character could only be associated with specific storylines (Like the new OMG Moves), I think it'd be for the best, although they'd need a lot more storylines.

I think this is an extremely big step for Universe mode, something I'd like to see implemented in future games is character-specific storylines. I don't think it's entirely appropriate for Undertaker to be involved in a love triangle with Big Show and Cameron (Random example).

If each character could only be associated with specific storylines (Like the new OMG Moves), I think it'd be for the best, although they'd need a lot more storylines.

So you're saying you only want people to play realistic storylines? I'm sorry but I'm not a fan of being limited like that. If I want to run a bad comdey universe where things like Undertaker & Emma are in a romance storyline I should be able to. If you want to play realistic storylines in your universe you should be able to just as how I should be able to run unrealistic ones. The last thing we need is to lose more freedom.

Why are you asking for limitations?

Do cutscenes happen outside of rivalries? I don't want stuff only happening in three matches

Yes

Even on a major show? I have Raw and Smackdown set to 5 matches each, I thought only cutscenes occur in rivalry matches? I have a minor show in Main Event which is set to 3 matches. I have seen cutscenes in matches 2 and 3 of this show.

Cutscenes happen at random outside of rivalries,but from what ive heard they are more frequent.What annoys me still is the 3 rivalries per brand limitation and if i want to emulate todays WWE where SD is acting like a minor show rather then a major show i cant because in order to have more then 3 rivalries to happen on different shows you have to split brands and constantly switch brands to ppl because a SD superstar cant be in a RAW rivalry and vice versa.

Id suggest that they put rivalries to minor shows or remove the brand limitation to brand specific superstars because its annoying as hell.

I've noticed that it's kind of hard to emulate a brand split, because the game just doesn't have the stars needed to run an interesting tag and women's division on two shows. I still wish that you could change the divas title on one show to something else. I'd like to have a cruiser weight title back on smackdown and a us/ic.

Universe actually sounds rather cool. I cancelled my 360 pre-order after seeing the footage and it looking just like 2K14 with stuff taken out, but this has warmed me up to actually getting the game. I'll probably still wait til it comes down in price a bit (which, being realistic won't take long). Or I may just bunch up a few games to trade in to bring the price down a bit at the weekend.

Can you confirm if the Draft is still in?

No. They closed the window.

Actually the Universe draft is still there if you have 2 or more brands.

It was a joke. If you open a window a cold draft enters the room.

Yea i figured it was a joke,im just clearing it up for those who asked if its in,and ur quote was closer to my reply,so tomatoes...

Archived