Universe Is Finally How It Should Have Always Been!

Jealous

I've played 2 months, so far, of Universe Mode (just finished Payback at the end of May) having set everything up accordingly and followed a guide that was posted on here about this time last year that can help combat silly booking http://caws.ws/forum/topic/456907-very-useful-guide-to-booking-universe-mode/

And in that time it's only a very slight step up from 2K14's Universe Mode. Still Rivalry Matches with no cutscenes. Still no cutscenes in Title Matches at PPV's (when it makes all the sense in the world is it's the rivalry climax).

I liked that title matches can happen on TV now rather than just PPV. For instance RVD was feuding with Cesaro over the IC title and they had a match on Raw for the title in amongst their rivalry which was a bit of progress.

However the biggest issue, STILL, for me is the constant rebooking of the same match week after week. If The Rock and Ultimate Warrior are feuding over the WWE World Heavyweight Title (as the game has thrown together on my Universe Mode) then they're not going to face each other on 3 episodes of Monday Night Raw in a row going into the PPV. The game should be booking The Rock against someone else and have Warrior interfere or a cutscene afterwards of the two of them having interaction in some way. Then have them finally meet on PPV. Not them just having a series of 1 on 1 matches in the build up to their actual title match. Then to add more insult, there's no cutscenes before, during or after these matches they keep having on Raw. Just the winning animation.

The Story Collection section definitely has a lot of depth given the sheer number of options but given majority of them are greyed out and cannot be selected, it's a bit deceptive. The only "Secret" one I've been able to use is Ryback vs Mark Henry. All the other special's are unselectable when I'm putting a rivalry together.

Are they the same scenes over and over for the differnt rivalries? All of mine pretty much play out the same. Also my tag titles never get defended unless they are in a rivalry. Its cool though that you had a title match on raw. I haven't yet.

I should also mention that said IC title match on Raw did come in amongst

Week 1: RVD defeats Seth Rollins. Cesaro comes out afterwards and points at RVD and signals he wants the belt.

Week 2: RVD vs Cesaro in a Submission Match

Week 3: RVD vs Cesaro in a one on one match

Week 4: RVD vs Cesaro in an Extreme Rules Match for the IC title

PPV: Cesaro vs RVD for the IC Title

So yeah. Progress in that we can see title matches on TV but it was sandwiched in between them having multiple 1 on 1 matches every week.

Sounds exactly like the product. Not every rivalry gets a major 'Cutscene' endings; not every rivalry has major different match types. For current example: The Usos Vs Gold & Stardust.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally love it, I was gonna wait till ps4 release but so happy I didn't, this game dispite loosing legends(which is a shame) and cam/cas it just feels more solid to me, less glitchy, as for universe, wow what a step up, was bit confused at first but once I worked out how to use story's I am well happy, just gotta make sure the wrestlers are on same show and make sure the cheer/boo option is set right for rivalry and boom, propper stories?

My CAW won the Rumble and I have the Royal Rumble winner's rivalry set to AUTO. The rivalry never happened and it's Triple H in the main event for the title :(

I also have Undertaker's Wrestlemania Rivalry set to AUTO but that rivalry actually created itself.

However after the Wrestlemania match which Brock won he was wearing the WWE title in the cut scene afterwards despite Seth Rollins being the champion at the time.

I also noticed that Universe generated a rivalry for my CAW earlier in the year but when I checked rivalries it had my CAW and a blank spot with ROSTER ERROR. Had to delete the rivalry.

Universe has now generated a rivalry between My CAW and My CAW with -7 weeks remaining.

Seems universe doesn't like CAWS. Universe is still very screwy on the last gen consoles at least.

Normally I wait until I have a nice amount of caws before I start universe but I made one of my original mid carders first and decided to play a bit of universe with him.

I put him in a feud against Sheamus but it wasn't a title feud which I quite liked. I switched between my caw and Sheamus throughout the feud.

After 3 weeks, my caw gained the respect of Sheamus, they became allies and showed mutual respect in various cutscenes. After that feud, the same feud was set up again but this time, it was for the US title.

When it started, there was the same respect shown in their previous feud.

One match, my caw vs Fandango, Sheamus came down and joined commentary. I was thrown out the ring near Sheamus, little cutscene and then Sheamus attacked me for the dq victory.

Following week, it was me vs Sheamus and I managed to score the upset. Sheamus attacked me after the match.

The week before the ppv, in a #1 contender match, Sheamus failed to attack me after the match.

At the ppv, Sheamus was defeated by my caw in a falls count anywhere.

I was quite surprised with how the feud went and I was only messing round but it was awesome

Well I'm surprised but pleased some of you are enjoying it. I do wonder how many rivalries you have played through though as at first I thought it was going to be good to. In the end I think its pretty bad and not worth buying. All my rivalries were pretty much the same. It was boring for me to play out the same scenarios for 8 weeks straight in every other rivalry. Sometimes the fighting eachother over and over thing can work when its mid or lower card guys but when its John Cena and Undertaker it doesn't make sense.

I cant stand how predictable the rivlaries are. The one rivalry that had a few new things I haven't seen was Taker Wrestlemania but that one was broken. It gave the person feuding with Taker the belt in scenes and some of the scenes glitched up. I also wish they would have somehow taken the defeat the streak AI/hype from the last game and insterted that into the wrestlemania match, that would be awesome.

On a side note I also don't really like the idea of knowing my rivalreis before they happen, I prefer them to develop but if I was acually getting stories that were worth a damn I wouldn't mind. My ultiamte preferenece is a universe that just does this on its out out natural flow of matches and things but has the option to go in deeper and let you set thngs up if you wish.

I was never a huge fan of story designer mode but I think they should have kept it, and combined it with universe somehow. Let us create/download stories that have been created and plug them into universe. When creating the stories we could choose the length, and which cutscenes happen each week. You could also choose if it happens pre/post match. Maybe even have some backstage cutscenes. These wouldn't be character specific either, you could choose the story, and just plug any superstar that you wanted. Genius am I right?

I was never a huge fan of story designer mode but I think they should have kept it, and combined it with universe somehow. Let us create/download stories that have been created and plug them into universe. When creating the stories we could choose the length, and which cutscenes happen each week. You could also choose if it happens pre/post match. Maybe even have some backstage cutscenes. These wouldn't be character specific either, you could choose the story, and just plug any superstar that you wanted. Genius am I right?

I thought of that two and think that could be kind of cool. I thought it would be great if you create feuds like this, upload them, and people can download them and add them to their pool of scenarios that can play out. That way you wont know which story will run with which feud at any time.

After turning on each other, do tag teams automatically break-up in 2K15? Same for forming new teams?

In 2K14, regardless of how many times partners turned on each other and turned face/heel, they'd NEVER split up unlike in 12 and 13. I created 20 teams in 2K14 and 3 years later all 20 were still together.

With what I played I saw one new scene i hadn't seen before. It was a pre-match respect handshake in the ring. Also there was one where Taker came out and chokeslammed Mark Henry and did the cutthroat thing in the Taker feud rivalry. Those were the only two scenes I have seen that I never saw before.

Archived