Universe Is Finally How It Should Have Always Been!

Jealous

I'm on my 4th week in April. I will tell you that YES there is random booking for non rivalry matches. I usually just skip over these matches but sometimes when I play them stuff happens.

Let's talk about the new rivalrys! You unlock more and more as you go; these storylines! There's about 800 total. When you create a new rialvry you can select the storyline for champions, superstars, tag teams, divas, or even diva tag teams!

The booking is not bad like it's always been. For example I have Natalya and Summer fueding and they are not facing each other every week but are involved in each others matches weekly leading up to the PPV. I've also seen cut scenes in the other rivalry's I've never seen. All the rivalrys are not same match week after week they are actually different matches and different scenes!

I'm curious if these scenes were always there but they never had the "system" such as the storylines to actually make them happen. Either way I'm enjoying Universe a lot more this year and it's the way it should have always been. With over 800 storylines I doubt it will become repetetive. Hopefully they improve on this for years to come.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's the same on PS4/One, which I assume it would be, I can definitely see this game holding my attention for longer than most WWE games have.

I imagine it'll be better on next gen actually, since that's where they seem to have placed all their attention.

Hey Jealous, give us so more examples if you'd please? Hearing about these should be great!

If it's the same on PS4/One, which I assume it would be, I can definitely see this game holding my attention for longer than most WWE games have.

It should be, I don't see why it wouldn't be. Here's an example of one storyline.

Week 1: Nattie vs. Summer: Nattie wins via submission Ryback comes out to congratulate her. Then the news said Nattie's win caught the attention of Ryback.

Week 2: Nattie vs. Summer: Ryback comes out for Natalya. Summer defeats Natalya. Ryback gets in the ring and argues with Nattie and leaves upset she lost.

Week 3. Nattie vs. Tamina: Nattie wins via submission. Summer comes out at the end with Ryback and it's revealed that she's now with him. Nattie is pissed off.

Another good one so far is Taker vs. Sting.

Week 1: Sting vs. Taker: Sting wins and Taker handshakes him.

Week 2: Sting vs. Daniel Bryan: Sting wins, taker comes out and congratulates him again. Forming a mutual respect.

Week 3. Sting and Taker vs. Xavier Woods & R Truth: Sting picks up the win for his team; Take comes in the ring at the end all mad that Sting is stealing the spotlight. He pushes Sting and storms out of the ring.

I imagine it'll be better on next gen actually, since that's where they seem to have placed all their attention.

Hey Jealous, give us so more examples if you'd please? Hearing about these should be great!

Read below I only finished week 3

I'm liking the sounds of this. Universe might really catch my attention for most of the year.

Also I want to add there are storylines to set up heel/face turns or even have tag teams split up and decide how they actually split up. One turns heel over jealous of another, or one is tired of the others heels antics and becomes face. You really gotta read the description for each storyline to see what's best for you and your universe.

2k14 was a grind fest and worse universe in years. This is actually the best one they put out. When you first start universe you don't have storylines but if you sim a year you'll have a bunch to work with then you can always reset universe and start new and still have all the storylines there. If you start out without storylines IT will feel like wwe2k14 universe until you start choosing what storylines you want for each rilvarly.

Can't wait to do a CAW universe with these story options.

Yeah and thanks for posting :cool:

When you select a storyline for example when I wanted Nattie/Summer to fued I could only select those two but inside the story it said there would be a male superstar and another heel diva involved. I've yet to see this heel diva but the universe pulls random superstars/divas not in a rilvalry into your angles as well. You can't control who they are but their placeholders are there and I think it makes it more interesting.

Universe mode in 2k15 is the real hidden gem to be honest.

It should be, I don't see why it wouldn't be. Here's an example of one storyline.

Week 1: Nattie vs. Summer: Nattie wins via submission Ryback comes out to congratulate her. Then the news said Nattie's win caught the attention of Ryback.

Week 2: Nattie vs. Summer: Ryback comes out for Natalya. Summer defeats Natalya. Ryback gets in the ring and argues with Nattie and leaves upset she lost.

Week 3. Nattie vs. Tamina: Nattie wins via submission. Summer comes out at the end with Ryback and it's revealed that she's now with him. Nattie is pissed off.

Replace Ryback with Tyson Kidd and this would sound like a storyline for "Total Divas".

Replace Ryback with Tyson Kidd and this would sound like a storyline for "Total Divas".

Wish I could Ryback's placement was random.

When you select a storyline for example when I wanted Nattie/Summer to fued I could only select those two but inside the story it said there would be a male superstar and another heel diva involved. I've yet to see this heel diva but the universe pulls random superstars/divas not in a rilvalry into your angles as well. You can't control who they are but their placeholders are there and I think it makes it more interesting.

Are they the only 2 Divas in your brand?

Are they the only 2 Divas in your brand?

No I have Tamina, Summer, AJ, Nattie on RAW, then I have Funks vs. Bella fued over on SD. Diva's Title on both brands so they do cross paths and enter each other's angles if the system needs them to.

Archived