ISSUE: Did 2K make a mistake releasing last gen first?

DeathByChainsaw

76 members have voted

1. 1. Did 2K Make A Mistake Releasing Last Gen Version First?

• Yes, it's a black eye for the series and will affect people wanting to buy the Current Gen version
    • No, 2K15 for Current Gen still looks amazing, this affects nothing.

lol @ some people blaming Yukes for last gen, claiming 2K is only responsible for next gen.

The publisher funds the game, calls the shots, has the final say, and gives all of the creative direction. They also handle PR, quality assurance, and customer support. The publisher is also the one who takes the credit for the game, takes responsibility for it and puts their stamp of approval on it. It's at least half their fault for being a piece of shit.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, peoples going to bitch regardless. This changes nothing...when we see the product on next gen that's when you can give an opinion.

I disagree. If they hadent released it on the 360/PS3 first then people wouldnt have been aware of the problems that pertain to the removals and restrictions.

So now people have bought it on the old gen its going to put people off buying the new gen.

They should have either ditched last gen or released both at the same time.

The thing is, 2K made it clear that the older gen 2K15 doesn't have a lot of stuff that the current gen does, so it's not gonna do much damage. Anyone can say "they put more focus on the current gen so it'll have a lot more stuff!" And we won't know that until people buy and play it.

Actually I'm happy they did and I'm more happier that others got it early cause it saved me money.

I wanted to buy it for PS3 after all and after I saw everything that got removed and how it looks I didn't purchased it anymore.

It also made people more cautions when it comes to the Next Gen versions which is a good thing for our community.

Of course there will always be people that will buy a game no matter how it is only because they are doing so every year (more habit then need) or others that don't care about different or certain modes as long as they have the roster and exhibition to play with.

However, it's still positive cause it opens up our eyes and makes us to go against some unnessecary changes so the developer notices what we like or dislike and what is wanted from the community the most.

Plus considering 2K15 is a carbon copy of last years game on the old gen its not like they would have to do alot of work with those generic entrances.

Archived