Questions for Marcus

Ernez

2k will end up just like THQ did.. and that goes for all the different games 2k puts out, baseball, basketball and now wrestling...

Perhaps you're unaware of just how huge 2K really is...?

No matter how big they are,everyone can lose everything at a brink of an eye.Never underestimate the power of the consumers.Take Capcom for example,if i told you 5-6 years ago that Capcom would have dificulties these days would you belive me? You would prob call me crazy.2K just needs to be more careful with its consumers because its the overconfidence that kills the companies,no matter how big they are.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2k will end up just like THQ did.. and that goes for all the different games 2k puts out, baseball, basketball and now wrestling...

No matter how big they are,everyone can lose everything at a brink of an eye.Never underestimate the power of the consumers.Take Capcom for example,if i told you 5-6 years ago that Capcom would have dificulties these days would you belive me? You would prob call me crazy.2K just needs to be more careful with its consumers because its the overconfidence that kills the companies,no matter how big they are.

You still don't understand. 2K is the flagship subsidiary of Take Two. Take Two is the corporation behind some of the *biggest series' in gaming*. They aren't THQ. It will literally take a biblical apocalypse to kill that company.

You still don't understand. 2K is the flagship subsidiary of Take Two. Take Two is the corporation behind some of the *biggest series' in gaming*. They aren't THQ. It will literally take a biblical apocalypse to kill that company.

To sum this up, If 2k goes down; Rockstar is already dead in the water.

Did. They. Remove. Paint tool. On. Next. Gen. Seriously Marcus, you're awesome man, but if they did, then they are fools.

I can handle a lot of bullshit, but going back to the days where we had to try and slap together in game logos to look kind of like what we want is not one of them.

Hey Hammer was Microsoft's Xbox 360/Sony's PlayStation 3 version exclusively done by Yukes well Microsoft's Xbox One/Sony's PlayStation 4 version where exclusively done by Visual Concepts, that's my theory seeing as how 2k's WWE 2k15 turned out on Xbox 360/PlayStation 3.

Any word on why they removed Custom Themes on Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 Version?

Did. They. Remove. Paint tool. On. Next. Gen. Seriously Marcus, you're awesome man, but if they did, then they are fools.

I can handle a lot of bullshit, but going back to the days where we had to try and slap together in game logos to look kind of like what we want is not one of them.

Where did you hear that they may have removed paint tool?

Where did you hear that they may have removed paint tool?

Check the other thread, though at the moment it looks like a troll might've been misquoting, but I'm trying to get confirmation. Unfortunately Marcus seems busy right now so I can't get an answer on twitter.

stephensonmc

"From what I gathered, features taken out were extremely buggy and hurting some other things that they're connected to in the game. In this transition, the work couldn't have been done to "fix" these things in this time -- especially with the huge work that needed to be done to building a new experience / game on PS4/XB1"

"I need to spend more time with the team to learn plans for next year. But what we're doing this year is setting ourselves up to build new features and maybe some that have been in the game in years past the right way."

So looking at what he said it sounds like the features removed on the PS3/Xbox 360 was also removed on the PS4/Xbox 1.

Hey Hammer was Microsoft's Xbox 360/Sony's PlayStation 3 version exclusively done by Yukes well Microsoft's Xbox One/Sony's PlayStation 4 version where exclusively done by Visual Concepts, that's my theory seeing as how 2k's WWE 2k15 turned out on Xbox 360/PlayStation 3.

So the next gen version doesn't have a disadvantage over last gen

I actually came here to ask that. If the "last gen" version is still running on old tech anyway, it makes no sense to remove custom entrance music. I'm guessing they did it just to make people buy the next gen version. If true, that's a pretty dirty business move. And a bad one, if you ask me. You don't want your customers to be angry.

What's up, guys? I see all of these questions. A lot of it I can't talk about as I'm getting familiar in my new role with 2K.

The only thing that I ask of you is that you keep in mind what happens when you transition to a new console. Think of PS4/XB1 as a new experience/game. My own personal opinion is that gameplay should be the number one priority when you transition to a new console. You saw how deep in the hole NBA LIVE got when they focused on things other than gameplay with NBA LIVE 07 and the Xbox 360.

When you transition to a new console you have decisions to make. How do we split the development team up to focus on PS4/XB1 versus PS3/Xbox 360? How much time is spent on each? How much money do we spend on each?

I'm going to the studio this week to discuss the game, philosophies, and get to know 2K. Right now I can only speak for my time at THQ and what I witnessed there. Rest assured that your confusion, feedback, and frustrations will be brought up when I'm there.

So, this sums up my question about whether or not Visual Concepts exclusively worked on Microsoft's Xbox One/Sony's PlayStation 4 well Yukes worked exclusively on Microsoft's Xbox 360/Sony's PlayStation 3.

If I am dropping $100 for the Hulkamania Edition then I want answers. I can understand buggy features being removed but custom music? There is NO EXCUSE for that.

Sony's PlayStation 4/Microsoft's Xbox One can not rip CDs for Custom Themes, thus No Custom Themes in Next Gen.

stephensonmc

"From what I gathered, features taken out were extremely buggy and hurting some other things that they're connected to in the game. In this transition, the work couldn't have been done to "fix" these things in this time -- especially with the huge work that needed to be done to building a new experience / game on PS4/XB1"

"I need to spend more time with the team to learn plans for next year. But what we're doing this year is setting ourselves up to build new features and maybe some that have been in the game in years past the right way."

So looking at what he said it sounds like the features removed on the PS3/Xbox 360 was also removed on the PS4/Xbox 1.

As I said, all that has been removed on Microsoft's Xbox 360/Sony's PlayStation 3 where due to coding bugs causing issues with the game.

If I am dropping $100 for the Hulkamania Edition then I want answers. I can understand buggy features being removed but custom music? There is NO EXCUSE for that.

In the case of the XBO/PS4, no custom music is likely due to the fact that those consoles aren't fully equipped to handle those, and the PS4 just recently patched the ability to do so.

stephensonmc

As I said, all that has been removed on Microsoft's Xbox 360/Sony's PlayStation 3 where due to coding bugs causing issues with the game.

Custom Themes weren't Buggy on last gen so there is NO excuse on why they removed them.

The only reason could be that they didn't wanted the last gen to have custom themes when the new gen can't Support them.

Custom Entrances weren't Buggy on last gen either so there is no excuse on that either.

Questions for Marcus

- are we able to create our own brand on the next gen in our universe at all?

- can we have a all divas or all caws brand on next gen like in the wwe2k14?

- can we still Switch the Championships in the Slots so divas can use the womens Championship as a Major title (as example) and have tag titles for them too (next gen)?

- is the caw mode more limited than the last gen and WWE2K14 when it Comes to the amount of parts?

Custom Themes weren't Buggy on last gen so there is NO excuse on why they removed them.

The only reason could be that they didn't wanted the last gen to have custom themes when the new gen can't Support them.

Custom Entrances weren't Buggy on last gen either so there is no excuse on that either.

[Outside of not working during entrances] Custom Themes had zero reason to be removed on Microsoft's Xbox 360/Sony's PlayStation 3, Pre-Set Entrances also had zero reason to my knowledge. But everything else: Create-A-Finisher, Story Designer, ect has been stated to cause issues on the main game due to outdated coding. All though, a lot of the pre-set entrances where rather old so that could have also been a coding issue.

My custom songs were buggy in 13+14, I couldn't use custom jukebox on 14, and 2themes would play at the same time on both after custom music in entrance, and replays would go ultra slow and unable to skip with custom tracks on, not saying they couldn't fix it, but there defiantly were problems.

My custom songs were buggy in 13+14, I couldn't use custom jukebox on 14, and 2themes would play at the same time on both after custom music in entrance, and replays would go ultra slow and unable to skip with custom tracks on, not saying they couldn't fix it, but there defiantly were problems.

I actually forgot all that.

stephensonmc

Questions for Marcus

- can we still Switch the Championships in the Slots so divas can use the womens Championship as a Major title (as example) and have tag titles for them too (next gen)?

- is the caw mode more limited than the last gen and WWE2K14 when it Comes to the amount of parts?

I had CAW and creation suite crashes all the time. At least once a day during play so I don't see how you can say things weren't bugged. I didn't write the code so who knows what was tied to where. Seems a bit ignorant to be so harsh.

Question for Marcus

Will superstar threads still be in on PS4? I'm not referring to superstar editor, but the feature for editing attire colors. I want to be able to simply change the color of attires, such the designs on Undertaker's tights, or change the color of Sting's paint, without taking up a CAW slot.

Seems to me this year we are gonna be buying an unfinished rushed game. At least in previous years it half disguised itself as rushed because at least if some features couldn't be work on they were copied and pasted into the next game. Sounds as though this year is more like If they didn't have time to work on it they took it out.

IMO 2K should have been given additional lead time and maybe launched 2k15 around Royal rumble time or early March in time for wm with a potential follow up around mid December later in the year to try and bring back the pre Christmas launch and deadline.

I'm keeping 2k14 as my main all round game. Getting 2k15 purely for an ultra modern expierence. Just gonna stick to things like

Current hogan v cena

Rock v Cena

Rock v punk

Brock v current hogan

Sting v undertaker

Triple h v brock

Punk v Bryan

Wyatt v shield

Jericho v bray wyatt

But for ECW TNA WCW and Classic WWF I'll go back to 2k14

I love caws, love the caw creators too but no music and pre set entrances and minor slots of 25. Don't think I'll bother much.

If Gamevolt does some modern HBK attires using his head and Batista with his logos and same for brock then great.

Otherwise it will be just a couple of caw pick ups for me like Kurt Angle, Vader, mick foley, scott hall, bret hart and the outlaws

I'll try to enjoy 2K15 when it's out but long live 2K14!

:booker: I hope to God this is all aimed at Yukes's Microsoft's Xbox 360/Sony's PlayStation 3 version because if it isn't; YOU ARE BLIND! Why would somebody waste the time to enter a thread to ask about a version of a game that already game out, thus the answer remains the same; YOU ARE BLIND! :facepalm:

stephensonmc

Questions for Marcus

I had CAW and creation suite crashes all the time. At least once a day during play so I don't see how you can say things weren't bugged. I didn't write the code so who knows what was tied to where. Seems a bit ignorant to be so harsh.

If your game crashed at least once a day then you had definately a Problem with the save file or your harddisk.

It was known that some People had this issues because of that.

I created tons of caws and never had a issue.

Most People I know from These and other Forums had no issues either.

Other than that I talked about custom themes for the create a entrance mode and not about caw creation when it Comes to the removals.

So please read properly before you call others ignorant.

So it's not ignorant at all.

That was a known issue in 13.

Never happen to me in 14 and I only heard from like 2 People that had the issue like once in this Forum.

Don't know about the Jukebox issues since I deactivated mine after a while though.

As far as I know though the Jukebox is still in but Plays only their Soundtrack now.

Archived