showcase wrestlers on disc?

1ManGang

I emailed 2K and Friday night got a response. I asked them a similar question to what the people on the 2K forum were emailing them about, but I asked if the wrestlers playable in showcase mode came with the showcase or if they were part of the default roster. The response I received was "The showcases do not come with any extra characters. Extra characters will be added through the three downloadable content packs available in late 2014 and early 2015."

If they are saying the wrestlers don't come WITH the showcase that leads me to believe they are already on the default roster.

Someone on another boards asked a similar question and was told basically the same thing that the showcases don't come with those wrestlers so I too feel they are already ion disc. Besides that there is a trophy achievement for the Ultimate Warrior. I don't recall ever seeing an achievement for a wrestler that was exclusively dlc.

The answer the other guy got hinted that the showcases unlock extra attires and arenas, but not wrestlers.

So the $25 season pass is basically just for Paige and three showcase rivalries?....Yeah I guess I'm only getting the accelerator and the extra packs then after all!

I like Paige both not that much and I don't care about showcase except the content and so if I can unlock them by using accelerator then perfect!

I never got the "on the disc" argument. Even if they WERE/ARE on the disc, you can't touch them. Atleast not on X1/PS4, so what does it matter? Whether it downloads or "unlocks" them it's basically the same shit. I know people attempt to argue "but we shouldn't have to pay extra for what's already in the game. Well, is it in the game FOR YOU? If not, then you don't really have an arguement.

This is 2014, and the business model is to push DLC and preorder bonuses. Not just for this game, but for everything. Honestly, if there wasn't DLC ("on disc" or not), you mother*censored*ers would be bitching about no DLC add ons for the game. So again, what does it matter. Get out of the Sega Genesis way of thinking that everything is going to be already available in the game, because those days are gone... deal with it.

This sucks...The only thing that was making me get the SP was Paige ofcourse and the characters mentioned in the dlc. But since the characters are already in the game now I feel I would paying 25 for paige. I don't care about game modes that can only b played once.

So that means Christian and Edge are in the game already. So then other guys could be in the game but unannounced like Slater and Sin Cara

Slater's only chance is if he's in one of the showcases, I don't know what his role would be, maybe he gets squashed by Randy Orton. As for Sin Cara he's either an unannounced NXT roster member or not even in, if he was in a Showcase it would be Mistico as Sin Cara and not the current Hunico.

some of those showcase guys have to be DLC. Why else would they put Iron Sheik as Col Mustafa...in the game if the Warrior showcase is DLC.

Then that would mean there's only 10 DLC ppl: Emma, Konnor, Viktor, JBL, Adam Rose, Lex Luger, Fit Finlay, Lord Steven Regal, DDP and Bam Bam Bigelow.

that would be the fewest DLC wrestlers since SvR 2011

Archived